Profile for G. Silander > Reviews

Content by G. Silander

G. Silander "Graham S" (Brighton ,England)

Page: 1 | 2
What idiot put my Super Baby Cape on backwards Baby Feeding Bib Velcro Attached 0 to approx 3 Years - White
Offered by Acce Products
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars That's not white, 14 May 2013
As bibs go its ok. I ordered white and got a red one. Not much else to say about a bib really

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I am the one who knocks, 14 May 2013
A good quality, heavy weight T Shirt that hasn't shrunk or warped after many washes. The printing is still bright and has not deteriorated at all. I have bought a few T Shirts from Amazon that have not been such good quality so I am very pleased with this one.

B-58A Remembrances
B-58A Remembrances
Price: 0.82

2.0 out of 5 stars How to write a boring book about an amazing aircraft!, 14 May 2013
This a random collection of anecdotes from life as a B58 DSO. I'm sure he lived an interesting life in interesting times, it's a shame he's written such a boring book about it! There is very little detail about anything other than controlling the centre of gravity of the plane and we read about that in every chapter. I was hoping to learn more about the B58 itself and about life as a bomber crew member during the cold war. Unfortunately I finished the book having learnt very little.

Wahl Professional Balding Clipper - US 110 VOLT - TRANSFORMER REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars closest trim i've had!, 17 Mar 2012
I've tried several trimmers now and have never found one that cuts close enough. Until now! I wasn't happy with the 'super tapers' that I've been using. They were obviously a quality bit of kit but just cut too long. I decided to get these instead. Just used them for the first time and I'm really impressed! My hair (what little I have left, thanks dad, great genes you passed down) is as close as 2 days growth after a wet shave. I didn't cut myself as other reviewers warned. I have no razor burn at all and the trimmers were easy to use. If you want very close cropped hair get these trimmers. You won't be disappointed. Should you buy something else you will just end up getting these eventually. Sorry to go on but can you tell I'm impressed?!

1974: UNCERTAIN PARADISE
1974: UNCERTAIN PARADISE
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars such a shame, 10 Feb 2012
I read the first two books in this trilogy and found them to be excellent. This one however seems to concentrate mainly on a political court case with the action taking a back seat. The author obviously has strong views on the case in question but has piggy-backed them on to the end of an otherwise excellent story about the birth and struggles of a new nation.

I have to say I found the description of the case extremely tedious and skipped an awful lot of that part of the book. The mission that the protagonist undertakes is very weak compared to the plot of the previous books.

I really enjoyed the first two installments of this story and was looking forward to this one. I was disappointed. I hate it when that happens.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2012 1:05 AM GMT

The Life and Most Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York, Mariner (1801)

3.0 out of 5 stars some pages missing, 19 Nov 2011
I know this is a free book so I haven't much to complain about. There are several (about 3 or 4 I think) pages missing from the text. There are notes explaining that these pages were missing from the transcribers copy of the book. Just a minor irritation. Considering it's free, you may as well give it a go.

I'm not going to review the story itself. It's a classic and you should read it.

The Victors: The Men of  WWII
The Victors: The Men of WWII
by Stephen E. Ambrose
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cut and Paste., 18 Oct 2010
This book is just a collection of segments from the rest of Ambrose' WW2 series. Having read them all I don't think I'll bother finishing it.

I agree with other reviewers that Ambrose' view of the war is totally one-sided and therefore wholly inacurate. I really enjoyed Band of Brothers and Pegasus Bridge. Citizen Soldiers was interesting too. D-Day, however, was dreadful! Even downright disrespectful!!

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (PS3)
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (PS3)
Offered by smeikalbooks
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated fighter pilot since 1986., 21 Sep 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
No huge improvements in gameplay over the original HAWX. If you liked it first time round then you will like this one. The addition of landings (this is Maverick requesting a fly-by!) takeoffs and air to air refuelling are a nice touch. I would have liked the option to choose which plane to fly in each mission as in the original, not sure why they took that out. Maybe as I get promoted I'll get that option. The addition of UCAVs in some of the missions is a nice touch and the blatant rip-off of the 'Spooky' gunship from Modern Warfare is a fun mission! The new style Arcade missions are good fun and will add some life to the game.

I never really got on with the online game as I kept getting shot down by children who must've gone to school at Top Gun! That's my problem though. I have the same problem with Call of Duty, I guess I can't compete with the younger generation. I'm sure it's great fun if you can get to grips with it.

All in all I'm happy with this game. I bought it because I enjoyed HAWX and wanted more. I got it. The criticisms of this series are fair but the game is what it is.

I FEEL THE NEED.... THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2010 6:22 PM BST

D-Day June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II
D-Day June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II
by Stephen E. Ambrose
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars America wins war while England drinks tea., 31 Aug 2010
This is a very biased book. There is a huge amount of information and detail on the American assaults on Omaha and Utah beach which I found very interesting and absorbing. The trouble is that Ambrose uses only 2 or 3 chapters at the end of the book to describe the British and Canadian assaults on Juno, Sword and Gold beaches. most of these chapters tell how 'easy' these assaults were and how British troops would fight for 5 minutes then have a cup of tea. I'm not sure how the many British veterans of World War Two that I have met would take to this assessment!

Ambrose has let himself down. I've read Band of Brothers and Pegasus Bridge and they were both excellent books.

If you want to read about the U.S part of D-Day then this a great book but don't expect much about the reat of the operation.

HDanywhere 1m Platinum High Speed HDMI Cable + Ethernet (4K Ultra HD Latest Spec)
Offered by HD Connectivity
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 May 2009
This cable is very good. Its a heavy duty piece of kit and it gives an excellent picture and sound quality when used with a PS3. It arrived within 2 days of ordering. Very happy customer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2010 3:38 PM BST