Profile for bentzastratos > Reviews

"bentzastratos"

European Rallycross Review: 1988 [VHS]
European Rallycross Review: 1988 [VHS]

4.0 out of 5 stars The RACING is excellent..., 29 Aug 2003
I have MANY Rallycross videos and have followed the sport for some times, and would like to think I know what makes a good video, and good commentator. This video boasts some of the best action of any European Rallycross video available, and for this it is worth buying. However, the problem is the commentator; I mean obviously he can't help it, but his voice has such a monotonous tone and seems to be totally unsuited to commentating. He is quite a good describer of the action, but on the odd occasion, his voice completely distracts your attention and your enjoyment of whats happening. If you think you can put up with it, and it IS bearable most of the time, then buy this video because your money will be well spent on all the superb racing this video has to offer.

Walkers
Walkers
by Graham Masterton

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly original - read it!, 29 Aug 2003
This review is from: Walkers (Paperback)
The picture on the cover first attracted me to this book, then the synopsis on the back attracted me even more - and it turned out to be excellent. The way the writer builds up tension and feelings of fear when the characters travel through dark corridors is superb, and I found it difficult to stop reading it. If you like horror, this is absolutely ideal; there are some gory bits, and the idea is just so original, it's difficult not to like it.

B.Monkey [1998] [VHS]
B.Monkey [1998] [VHS]

4.0 out of 5 stars For Asia Argento fans..., 29 Aug 2003
This review is from: B.Monkey [1998] [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I have recently discovered Asia Argento, and had heard OF this film, but nothing about it. I saw the DVD for sale, and bought it quickly, wanting to see what sort of actress Asia was, and I was pleasantly surprised with the whole product. I see it as one of those films that is just such fun to watch - Argento's performance (thought I'm obviously biased) is very good, it makes me happy to watch her act, and the Italian accent sounds wonderful. Jared Harris as Alan is also very good, and is endearing in his naive ways. It says on the back of my DVD, "Rupert Everett's terrific!"; I think it's likely that the New York Daily News (whose quote this is), may have been watching a different film as I think he is over-smooth and over-suave, and slurs his words most of the time. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is pretty good too, though any more of him in the film and he would be a little too much to bear because his troubled character is a bit too arrogant and mouthy. I agree that the plot may be slightly basic and slightly predictable, but there is just something about this film that makes it so enjoyable to watch. There is a quality director too, Michael Radford of (the excellent) 'Il Postino' fame.
I wish there were the option of '4.5 stars', as B.Monkey is slightly more than 4 but doesn't quite make 5. Asia Argento all the way through makes round about 36 out of 5, as she is just stunning.

Highlights Of 1987 British Rallycross Season [VHS]
Highlights Of 1987 British Rallycross Season [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this video this minute!, 22 July 2003
From the very start, this video is top quality, and it features some of the closest, most exciting racing you will ever wish to see; on these grounds along I recommend it. The commentators are also all very good, the two main ones, Colin Howard and Bill Mantovani were at the time involved closely in the sport, so you know that the comments they make are valid and of worth, and they are excellent at the job they do. Howard is immensely excitable and enthusiastic, which on this video is a recipe for enormous enjoyment, and only adds to what is superb Rallycross racing.

Havoc: 9 [VHS]
Havoc: 9 [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVOC 9, 14 April 2003
This review is from: Havoc: 9 [VHS] (VHS Tape)
The opening piece of music to this video is one of the nicest I've ever heard, and the whole 5 minute opening sequence is spectacular - especially the IROC car twisting and spinning in the air! This, in my opinion, is THE best Havoc video and would come close I imagine to being one of the best crash video's available, anywhere. Richard Nichols and Brian Kreisky are excellent and work well together, but then again, I'm biased because I'm a huge of Richard Nichols anyway. If you like motorsport/ havoc/ crashes etc, then buy this video!

Complete Book of Rallycross (Drive it)
Complete Book of Rallycross (Drive it)
by G. Mantovani

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Book Of Rallycross- Bill Mantovani, 22 Nov 2002
A fantastic book with an excellent history of this fantastic sport. Mantovani is also a photographer aswell as a journalist so the book's pictures are excellent, they capture fully the excitement of the sport. These are teamed with the in depth, information filled chapters explaining all you need to know, meaning overall this book is wonderful.