Profile for Julia Hockley-Schwarz > Reviews

Content by Julia Hockley-...

Julia Hockley-Schwarz "kleiner_regenbogen83"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Police Station
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Police Station

3.0 out of 5 stars Great with faults, 24 Mar. 2016
We bought the police station with a track extension set and some cars for my son's first birthday. He is now 14 months and loves pushing the cars down the ramp and locking it in the "prison". It is a great toy especially when you buy more tracks for children between 1 and 4. My daughter who is almost three also enjoys playing with it and she can put the tracks together herself which is a bonus. My only niggle with this is that even at 3 my daughter isn't strong enough to push the button at the top hard enough to release the cars, it is quite awkward and so I think Vtech should fix this.

ERGOBaby Baby Carrier Bundle of Joy Galaxy Grey
ERGOBaby Baby Carrier Bundle of Joy Galaxy Grey
Offered by Peppermint London

5.0 out of 5 stars Best carrier out there, 24 Mar. 2016
I started using this carrier when my son was 6 months old and getting too heavy for the sling I was using before that.
I had been thinking for a long time whether to buy this carrier as it is quite expensive, but I can assure you it is worth every penny.
Even now at 14 months I can carry my son even at the front quite comfortably (and he is a big boy!). I don't know what I would have done without it in previous months, I completely stopped using the buggy since buying it.
It is very easy to put on for both front and back carry. I love that it has a pocket with a zip too so you can take keys, money etc without needing a bag. It is very easy to adjust too. I have been recommending this carrier so many of my friends since and everyone who has one loves it.

Before We Met
Before We Met
by Lucie Whitehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the writer's book "The bed I made" so much ..., 25 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Before We Met (Paperback)
I enjoyed the writer's book "The bed I made" so much that I could not wait to read another one of her books. However, this felt like it was written by someone else alltogether. The whole story was so badly constructed with lots of flaws and then the ending was so silly, I was really annoyed to have wasted my time with it.

The Bed I Made
The Bed I Made
by Lucie Whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this thriller very much, 25 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Bed I Made (Paperback)
I enjoyed this thriller very much. It is a lot better than her book "Before we met" which I read after.
I thought the book was well written and I liked the location of the Isle of Wight and the quirky characters.

Peppa Pig - Nursery Rhymes and Songs: Picture Book and CD
Peppa Pig - Nursery Rhymes and Songs: Picture Book and CD
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, 1 Mar. 2015
I bought this for my daughter when she was 1, she is almost 2 now and she is still obsessed with this book and the cd. She listens to the cd several times a day and I also need to read the book to her every day. She is now able to sing along a few words to each of the songs. I feel this has been definitely helped with speech development. If your child likes peppa pig and music this is the right present.

Wallaboo Infant Baby Carrier Cross, Front Carrier for Newborn, 100% Cotton, Ergonomic and easy to use, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, 15 Feb. 2015
This is the best carrier I have used so far. It is very easy to put on, to adjust and very comfortable for baby and my back. Definitely worth investing in.

Wallaboo Baby sling Connection, Easy Adjustable and Ergonomic, Newborn 8lbs to 33lbs, Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 15 Feb. 2015
We bought this sling for our newborn son. Although it is very easy to put on and adjust and he liked it, I did not feel comfortable with it. He always looked very squashed and I had to very often check his face was free and not pressed against the fabric, so it made me feel very anxious about his breathing. The fact that it only goes over one shoulder also is not ideal as the weight is not distributed equally and it made my back ache after a while.
We have then decided to buy a wallaboo criss cross carrier which we are much more happy with, so I can recommend this much more.

Philips Avent SCF310-20 Manual Breast Pump, Honey Coloured Design (Plain, Mail Order Box)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 7 Feb. 2015
with my first baby I used an electric pump and it always took ages to express and I found it quite stressful. I only bought this now with my second baby to be able to express when I have an overflow of milk, however found it is so easy and quick to express a bottle full of milk that I now regularly use it to give myself more flexibility. Very much recommend this product.

The Woman Who Stole My Life
The Woman Who Stole My Life
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the new Marian Keyes book and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Funny, 10 Dec. 2014
I was really looking forward to the new Marian Keyes book and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Funny, well written and great characters again. I couldn't put it down. Thanks Marian.

The Telling Error: Culver Valley Crime Book 9
The Telling Error: Culver Valley Crime Book 9
by Sophie Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent-again, 19 Nov. 2014
I am a big fan of the Sophie Hannah series, however was very disappointed with her last book "The Carrier" and didn't bother finish reading it. I was so happy to find that with "The telling error" Sophie Hannah is back to her old form and has published a very compelling and well written book of the Waterhouse series. Looking forward to the next one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5