Profile for Tricia > Reviews

Tricia

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle

5.0 out of 5 stars If everyone read this - we could have peace in the world today, 13 Mar. 2012
An amazing book that a friend recommended. It has really helped me understand how our minds can dominate our lives when in fact it is just a tool - much like a limb. Once we understand that, we can take control of our lives ourself and decide to live in the moment instead of the 'future', which doesn't exist, and the past that usually means memories of pain along with pleasure.

Once we can accept 'what is' nothing can hurt us any longer. A hard task, but worth working at for the daily benefits of health and happiness.

Plant Names Simplified: Their Pronunciation Derivation and Meaning
Plant Names Simplified: Their Pronunciation Derivation and Meaning
by A.T. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Plant Names Simplified: Their Pronunciation Derivation and Meaning, 23 Sept. 2010
I found this book extremely helpful in learning the latin names of trees in my first ident at college. Once I understood how the name was derived and how to pronounce it - I was able to remember the name so much more easily. Now I know why my tutor recommended it.