Profile for Movie Addict > Reviews

Mount Pleasant - Season 2 [DVD]
Mount Pleasant - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sally Lindsay

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of Mount Pleasant, 4 Dec. 2013
This series is "so so" - nothing that keeps you on the edge of your seat with an eager anticipation of "what's next - can't wait to see." It just deals with the day to day trials and tribulations of the local neighborhood.

Chance In A Million Series 1 [DVD] [1984]
Chance In A Million Series 1 [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Simon Callow

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of Chance in a Million Series 1, 11 Sept. 2013
Sorry - I love the British shows but this one just didn't work for me. Some romantic comedies (i.e. As Time Goes By) are just the right chemistry between the 2 leading stars. I didn't get that feeling from Chance in a Million.

Broadchurch [DVD]
Broadchurch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Broadchurch, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] (DVD)
This is a "must see" series - the Brits bat one out of the ballpark once again. When I first heard about solving only one crime in a whole series, i couldn't imagine being able to keep the viewers attention to solve just one crime. Luckily, even though the subject is depressing (and I almost didn't purchase it because it dealt with the death of a young child) it is done very nicely. You become involved with each of the various characters and you have no choice but to get involved. I think I watched the whole series in a matter of days - I needed to know what happened.

Endeavour: The Complete First Series [2013] [DVD]
Endeavour: The Complete First Series [2013] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Review on Endeavour - the complete first series, 5 July 2013
Absolutely loved this series! I saw the pilot on Masterpiece Theater and was hoping Series 1 would not be a disappointment. It definitely is TOP NOTCH AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS mystery/murder series. If you love Inspector Morse or Inspector Lewis this is right up your alley. Can't wait for Series 2. Shaun Evans does a splendid job as the young "Endeavour" Morse.

Life Begins: Complete Series 2 And 3 [DVD]
Life Begins: Complete Series 2 And 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Quentin

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Life Begins - Series 2 & 3, 5 Jun. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this series and would definitely purchase any further installments of Life Begins. Why great series such as this are never forwarded to the US in our format amazes me. I would think that the manufacturers of great series such as this would be anxious to send over the pond. Its no secret that other series such as Downton Abbey are extremely well received here. This series deals with day to day problems that anyone can relate to.

Death in Paradise - Series 2 [DVD]
Death in Paradise - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Death in Paradise Review (Series 2), 5 Jun. 2013
I absolutely love this series and will definitely purchase Series 3 when that (hopefully) comes out. Nice mix of characters and all endearing in their own ways. Even thought it deals with death and murder, this series is not as dark as some of the series that have come out of Britain. Ben Miller absolutely hits it out of the park with his performance. (not too shabby for all the other co-stars either). Its nice to see Mr. Miller's excellent comic ability.

Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Death in Paradise - Series 1 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review of Death in Paradise Series 1, 5 Jun. 2013
Absolutely enjoyable series. It took me some time to place what series I saw Ben Miller in but it just came to me one day that he was in another of one of my other favorite series, Gavin and Stacey. The only criticism I have is that it's a little unrealistic that after several months on a tropical island Mr. Miller's character wouldn't break down and purchase a pair of shorts. I know his character is suppose to be a very formal detective transferred from London and it is good for a laugh to see him running around with his suit and tie at all times (except the couple times when he displays his buttoned up PJ's) but his character has to be a little more realistic in the upcoming episodes. Glad to see a little romance developing between him and his junior detective partner.

The Paradise [DVD]
The Paradise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joanna Vanderham

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Paradise, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Paradise [DVD] (DVD)
Its a shame many of these great British series don't make it to the US in a timely manner (if at all). I can't speak for everyone but I love Doc Martin, Mr. Selfridge and of course, Downton Abbey. This is a great series and I will be ordering when (and if) Season 2 is released. I find it interesting the difference between the marketing in Britain compared to us in the States. This seems to run very close to the Mr. Selfridge series. I'm not really sure (without looking at the dates) what series came first. Both, in my opinion, are good viewing.