Profile for psyche1701 > Reviews

Content by psyche1701

psyche1701

eimo-Electronics 10-IN-1 STYLUS PENS PACK - iphone/ipad/tablet/SAMSUNG GALAXY BEAM i8520 - Green / White / Pink / Silver / Baby Blue / Black / Gold / Purple / Red / Blue - VALUE PACK-Original by eimo
Offered by accmart
Price: 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2014
I am very pleased with these! I love that they come in a bargain pack of 10 which means I could give a few out to family and friends then keep the rest for myself.

The colours are great, all nice and metallic and the rubbery stylus end works extremely well. What I love about them is that they feel like a 'pen' with a clip and metal bit at the top so you aren't going to get mixed up and start jabbing at the expensive touchscreens with the 'wrong end.'

And of course, you can use them on a huge array of devices - I've used them on touchscreen phones, ipads, android tablets etc... no problems.

Hollow Men (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
Hollow Men (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars DS9 at its best!, 30 Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this book. 'Hollow Men' follows the storyline in DS9 late season 6 and the events directly follow the excellent episode "In the Pale Moonlight". The story fits very snugly into the series - I can quite imagine this popping up as an episode at the time and that's a credit to McCormack who manages to recreate DS9's tone perfectly. Excellent character moments are littered throughout, particular shine given to Garak from his humour, right through to his darker moments, you can almost hear the character speaking aloud from the pages of the book.

DS9 fans shouldn't hesitate - this book delivers!

Star Trek: Vanguard: Storming Heaven
Star Trek: Vanguard: Storming Heaven
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill! The ending we've all been waiting for!, 1 April 2012
Well - what a great series Vanguard has been. And how thrilling that David Mack brings the whole thing to a close with this rousing finale. Written with care and elegance, as always, I found I couldn't put the book down until I'd finished. How lucky we are to have a series that has a proper beginning (Star Trek Vanguard: Harbinger), a middle (all the other Vanguard books) and here, a proper end with Storming Heaven.

Much like Star Trek 6, the book is delicately peppered with allusions to 'endings' and how we all have to move on, one way or another. All the characters we know and love get 'a moment' which I really appreciated, and by the ACTUAL end things are moving so fast you can hardly keep your breath. As always, the original characters created just for Vanguard blend seamlessly with some pre-established 'screen' Trek characters and occasional 'trek fic' characters into a wonderful whole that it's difficult to say goodbye to, but alas, we must.

Obviously, you might not enjoy this as much if you havent read the other books in the saga so do that first (and have great fun doing so!) then come here for the heartstopping finale. I promise, you wont be disappointed.

Star Trek: Vanguard: Declassified
Star Trek: Vanguard: Declassified
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mixture of stories in the Vanguard universe, 5 Sep 2011
I really enjoyed this set of stories in the Vanguard universe. All 4 stories have something to offer a Vanguard fan and I love how their very nature (they're SHORT!) means that there's no time-wasting, you're just straight in there with what's going on and every moment counts. All the authors really do well with telling completely different stories and I really do feel the universe suits this kind of succinct storytelling. There are SO many opportunities for storytelling with Vanguard, and this book demonstrates that perfectly. Particular praise MUST go to Marco Palmieri for his first Vanguard written tale (I think?) which was 2nd favourite for me in this collection, beaten only by David Mack's contribution which was frankly, mind-blowing! Get it!

Precipice (Star Trek: Vanguard)
Precipice (Star Trek: Vanguard)
by David Mack
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 5.68

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING entry in the Vanguard series!, 1 Aug 2011
David Mack's entries in the Star Trek Vanguard series are always an absolute treat and Precipice is no exception. I can't help but gush - his other entries (Harbinger and Reap the Whirlwind) were outstanding, part of the best Trek lit ever written and should be compulsory reading for all Trek fans. And here we have another BRILLIANT story in the Vanguard universe with just about everything we love about the saga in a nice little package.

Building on everything before he paces the tale like a Hollywood movie, building to a crescendo in the second half of the book that pays off big time. I absolutely loved Precipice - and any Trek fan would. Like with Reap the Whirlwind, his writing style is sleek and stylish... the way he writes the story you 'see' it all playing out in your head with massive setpieces, quiet character moments, cliffhangers and plenty of 'wow' moments. Impressive stuff!