Profile for Kevin > Reviews

BlackBerry Soft Shell Case Cover for BlackBerry Q10 - Black
BlackBerry Soft Shell Case Cover for BlackBerry Q10 - Black
Price: 10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect fit., 6 July 2014
Very discreet cover that provides protection for the back of the phone, however it does nothing for the front.
The main reason I bought this though was to overcome the problem of the battery cover sliding down when removing the phone from a tight pocket. An annoying gripe of the Q10 now completely solved with this!
Perfect fit adding minimal bulk. If you're clumsy with your phone though, you might want to look at something a bit more industrial than this.

Bose  FreeStyle Earbuds - Indigo
Bose FreeStyle Earbuds - Indigo
Price: 114.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A different class., 4 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been a fan of Bose headphones for a while now, but when it comes to earphones I've always got by with 20 Sennheiser or Koss ones. These are fine for the price, but I never knew earphones could sound like this.
On first inspection I was concerned, I wasn't at all convinced they'd be comfortable, or even stay in. I needn't have worried, they're very easy to fit, and stay securely.
The quality of sound is fantastic, almost as good as the large Bose headphones I use at home. They're not particularly bassy, but deliver a rich, deep sound with absolute clarity.
Whilst I concede these are very expensive, if you really want the best quality of music without large over-ear headphones, they're worth considering.
A slightly retro carry case is also included

Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer
Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer
Price: 26.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 4 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This stapler does it's job well, and much easier to use than mechanical ones. It's probably only good for light to moderate use, the build quality feels a bit cheap. To be fair though, it's not a tool that's trying to get by on it's looks. Perfectly adequate for it's price bracket.

Bose  SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones - White
Bose SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones - White
Price: 149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounder., 26 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had the smaller Bose OE2 headphones for a while now, and they've always been excellent. I was a bit concerned about the comfort of these larger over ear ones, especially being a glasses wearer, but I needn't have worried as they're so light you almost forget they're on.
Once burned in, these headphones deliver the stunning clarity I expect from Bose. They're not over-bassy (I suspect they won't be bassy enough for some), they're just well balanced - the way quality headphones should be. Remember though, they take a few weeks to burn in, they'll sound flat as anything the first few times you use them.
The new SoundTrue range seems to be more or less the same as the preceding AE and OE models, but with splashes of colour - which of course are simply down to your personal taste. The jack plug is now straight, rather than L shaped, which may or may not be of benefit. The inline volume control designed for iPhones also works on my MacBook Pro, and on my BlackBerry Q10. It can't control the volume by itself in the way that older headphones did, it has to interact with the device it's connected to, so might not be compatible with everything.
The build quality of the headphones seems fine (although not overwhelming). I'm sure they'll last with a bit of care, but they're certainly not indestructible. A sturdy and stylish carry case is included.

Rowenta Ultrasteam DR6055 Steam Brush, Dual Voltage
Rowenta Ultrasteam DR6055 Steam Brush, Dual Voltage
Price: 25.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy for when an iron isn't practical., 11 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This isn't as good as a good quality steam iron, but it is better than most travel irons. It's also useful for items that are difficult to use an iron with, for example, suits, and bedding. The water container is small, but is generally enough for one item of clothing like a suit jacket. The unit is a little bit bulky for travelling, but not unduly-so, and a carry pouch is included. It's dual voltage feature is useful for travelling abroad. Overall, the results aren't great, but it should be sufficient for getting you out of trouble when travelling and finding that shirt you need is all creased!

Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get on with these., 19 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was looking forward to getting these, as before I'd only used the foam type ones you get for next to nothing, or often for free.
These are much softer, with the idea they expand to fit your ear to create a tight fit. Well, maybe I just have incompatible ears, but they just don't stay in, after a few minutes they gradually work their way out. Whilst they are in, they don't seem to block noise as well as I'd have expected either.
The earplugs come with a small plastic case that you can fit two inside, which is ideal for travelling (assuming you like them more than I do).
There are a lot of good reviews for this product, so they must work for a lot of people. If you're interested in them, just buy the one pack first, just in case your experience is like mine.

NOCO G3500UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G3500UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
Price: 29.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little charger., 19 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very handy compact charger, with two methods of connection (clamps or eyelets), and compatible for 6V and 12V batteries, this is ideal for a multitude of applications.
As a biker, every winter at some point my bike's battery will give up. I've had to replace several over the years, but where possible I'll try to save it. This charger does the job of restoring a poor battery well. It has charge level indicators to tell you it's progress, and will not overcharge it.
The unit itself is small but sturdy, and should take some knocks in a workshop environment. It appears to be wall or bench mountable, with screws included.
The packaging is stylish but far from convenient for future storage, some kind of pouch or case would have been useful.

1 - Life On The Limit [DVD]
1 - Life On The Limit [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Crowder
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting watch, 18 April 2014
This review is from: 1 - Life On The Limit [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fascinating look at the history of safety in F1. Details the big crashes, and the battles within the sport. It's like a documentary version of the film Rush. A must watch for anyone interested in motorsport.

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Milk and Cereals 50 g (Pack of 16)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Milk and Cereals 50 g (Pack of 16)
Price: 7.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Breakfast substitute?, 2 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These biscuits are oaty and milky, but taste rather bland. They come packed in fours, presumably to tempt you to eat all four, rather than just one or two. They make good dunkers, holding together well when coated in tea.
It's probably worth remembering that just carrying the logo of a breakfast cereal doesn't make it healthy, or a suitable breakfast.

Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by M.T.
Price: 36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Less can be more..., 2 Feb 2014
I'm sure you know that an iPod Shuffle is a tiny mp3 player, with no screen.
Yes, it's basic. The fact that it's made by Apple does hike the price up a little, but this is a very affordable iPod, and of course, you get integration with iTunes with this.
What I really enjoy about this, is the fact you happily listen to songs you wouldn't have selected. I use this when I'm out jogging, or walking to work. I don't want to be pulling my iPhone out of my pocket to select a different song every few minutes, I just want continuous music. Being so basic, you also get a long battery life. I charge mine up about once a week, with a couple of hours use each day.
If you're a playlist user, you get support for those too, and the robot voice-over man helps you select it.
I'm not a fan of the supplied Apple earphones (nor do I like the new style ones), so I'd recommend looking at Sennheiser or Koss ones (right here on Amazon, if you fancy), but otherwise, I can't fault this very handy little gadget.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9