Profile for M. Ratcliff > Reviews

Content by M. Ratcliff

M. Ratcliff (Leicester, England)

Body Cap & Rear Lens Cap for Sony NEX Cameras and E Mount Lenses
Body Cap & Rear Lens Cap for Sony NEX Cameras and E Mount Lenses
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Product, 22 May 2013
Lens and body caps are not the most exciting purchase to make, though its good when they arrive and you see these are very well made. Not the flimsy, shiny plastic products I have seen in the past from some suppliers, but solidly made with an attractive matte finish and no sharp edges. It's a pity Sony do not include them in the NEX-6Y kit.

JVC HAS150/BX Flats Headphones for iPad, iPod and iPhone - Black
JVC HAS150/BX Flats Headphones for iPad, iPod and iPhone - Black
Offered by MegaDeals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price, 23 Oct. 2011
My ears just aren't suited to those ear buds so based on the reviews I tried a pair of these to use with my Galaxy Ace phone. They are relatively small and light with a sound quality that belies the price - ideal for what I wanted. Based purely on the sound quality, compared with others costing a lot more, I would have given them four stars but at just over £10 they have to be worth the maximum rating.

Tuff-Luv Traditional Leather case cover for Amazon Kindle Keyboard / Kindle 3 / Global Wireless 6 inch / 15 cm Book Style - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuff Protection, 6 Oct. 2010
I considered several different Kindle covers until I finally plumped for this one. The Kindle slides into its compartment with a strap at the top ensuring there's no chance of it falling out unexpectedly - I never trusted the ones with just a strap across each corner. It also offers a lot of protection for both the front and back of the Kindle while allowing easy access to all the buttons, sockets and switches. Tuff it may be, but the spine is flexible and the front cover can easily be folded back so it can be held in one hand.

Neatly stitched and well finished - you may have guessed I am pleased with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2010 1:00 PM BST

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 Standard Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 Standard Keyboard and Optical Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A great combination for the price, 12 July 2007
After installing the software, inserting the supplied batteries and plugging in the transmitter everything worked first time. The keyboard has a good feel for typing and the additional keys are useful for adjusting the volume and jumping between tracks when playing a CD. As most of the software I use does not require the Function keys I am happy to accept the alternative functions, such as Undo and Help, assigned to them. If you prefer the usual Function keys a single press of the F Lock key returns them to their "normal" state.

Some users may find the weight of the two batteries in the mouse makes the unit heavier than they prefer, though for me it was no problem. It fits my hand and I prefer this shape to the taller ones that come with extra buttons on the side - which I frequently press accidently. The scroll wheel clicks as it rotates, though it is not as well defined as some others I have used. Someone commented that sometimes when they used the scroll wheel the pages reduced in size, which is the default function when you press the wheel. With my example sufficient force was required to make accidental pressing unlikely. If you do find this a problem the feature can be disabled (or changed to another function) in the mouse's software.

Overall I found this to be a good package that meets all my needs at a reasonable price.