Profile for Paul E Skone > Reviews

Content by Paul E Skone

Paul E Skone

Page: 1 | 2
The Eagle's Prey (Eagles of the Empire 5): Cato & Macro: Book 5 (The Eagle Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not quite as good as previous, 31 May 2015
I admit that I am hooked, the story continues at a fast exciting pace. However I felt that this particular book didn't quite capture my imagination like the previous ones. Having said this I am about to go online and purchase the next book in the series :-)

The Eagle and the Wolves (Eagles of the Empire 4): Cato & Macro: Book 4: Roman Legion 4 (The Eagle Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 21 May 2015
A fine tale that continues the story of our two favourite centurions. The pace of the story telling is spot on.

When the Eagle Hunts (Eagles of the Empire 3): Cato & Macro: Book 3: Roman Legion 3 (The Eagle Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent...the story gets better, 24 April 2015
The battle scenes and excitement continue. I thought that I would just read the first book and move on being a big Cornwall fan. How wrong could I be. I am hooked.

Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders! British
Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders! British

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, 21 Feb. 2014
Succinct and to the point, spring board for moving onto more detailed works. Don't read however if you have got the basics under your belt already.

Behind the Fence
Behind the Fence

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent!, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Behind the Fence (Kindle Edition)
The author took me into a world that thankfully I have never had to visit. However within a few stories I felt that I could understand a little of the workings. What came through was the professionalism of the "Jones" and was pleasing to read so many tales of humour. So a big shout of thanks to the author...the only question now is "when will your next set of stories be published"?

Survivalcraft Demo
Survivalcraft Demo

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Survivalcraft Demo (App)
Good luck to anyone trying to interact with this game properly on a Kindle Fire HD. The only saving grace is that I only wasted time installing this and didn't have the added pain of parting with cash. If you are looking to spend some time away from things then maybe go paint a section of wall and start watching it dry. It will be more entertaining than SurvivalCraft

One Summer: America 1927
One Summer: America 1927

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent, 27 Jan. 2014
I knew very little of American history, Bill Bryson in his usual detailed yet approachable style brought it all to life.

Lords of Waterdeep Expansion: Scoundrels of Skullport
Lords of Waterdeep Expansion: Scoundrels of Skullport

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jan. 2014
The expansion takes an already incredible fun game to another level. It is actually two expansions in one box, we tend to always play the longer double expansion game. If you love the core game you are missing out if you don't have this expansion.

Shoot The Fokkers
Shoot The Fokkers

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot control on a Kindle HD, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Shoot The Fokkers (App)
Great graphics and a WW1 themed shooting game that on the surface looked like it would tick all the boxes. The game loaded fine however it is almost impossible to aim the gun. Other games I use on my Kindle HD work fine so I assume that this game isn't configured 100% for a Kindle. A tad miffed with Amazon as you would think they would check compatibility before offering to sell this app to Kindle users.

Notes From A Small Island
Notes From A Small Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but slightly out of date, 11 Nov. 2013
Bill Bryson at his best. His dry "British" wit shining through. Some great observations, however the book was written for its time and for those not quite in the grey hair section of the reading audience might find the references a tad left field. However I am of a certain age and found the book first class from start to end.

Page: 1 | 2