Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Surrey england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 20 Feb 2014
Not having read any Harry potter I cannot comment on other books but this one was hard work. Publicity following revelation of its author and my love of crime and mystery novels drew me to it. But it was overlong and boring. It felt like an amateur novel based on other authors such as lee child and reacher novels. More hello magazine meets agatha Christie than challenging read such as Ian rankin.

Life: Keith Richards
Life: Keith Richards
by Keith Richards
Price: 18.21

4.0 out of 5 stars And still alive, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Life: Keith Richards (Hardcover)
It is a great surprise that Keith remains with us. He has lived about 10 peoples' lives and is happy to share some of the most intimate details of those lives. Such a talent - as a musician and as a writer. It is clearly not fair that someone should have so much talent and so much fun (and so much luck with his health) - I feel like throwing my tv out the window just for the hell of it.

Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)
Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)
by Kate Atkinson
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Case Histories - we want more, 9 Oct 2011
Having read a few Kate books I cam across Case Histories some time ago and thought it was great. An unusual format and a different perspective. This is more of the same and very welcome. It's quirky and charming but never boring or predictable.

Dylan (3CD) (Deluxe Edition)
Dylan (3CD) (Deluxe Edition)
Price: 32.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Not something for the elderly, 9 Oct 2011
I was listening to this when my father said if you don't turn that off I am going out. It can be uplifting, it can be funny but Bob Dylan music is not for those who don't love him. You can't like him - it is love or nothing (probably hate). I am in the love category of course and this captures all the greats and some of the not so but still great listening usually in a dark room with alcohol on hand.

Baking Made Easy
Baking Made Easy
by Lorraine Pascale
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime reading, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Baking Made Easy (Hardcover)
I am really not a cook but I love watching Lorraine. It is her infection enthusiasm, short cuts and easy style that I like. I have bought this as a kindle book so I am reading it in bed. I might at some time try a recipe but I am getting enough enjoyment out of reading it under the covers and imaging myself as a domestic godess.

Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Deja Vu album, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Deja Vu (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album, have not found a track i don't enjoy.
Can be background music to a dinner party, or just relaxing listening.
Woodstock being a particular favorite.
This may be an old album but is still a classic now.

Longridge 18ft Ball Retriever / 540 cm
Longridge 18ft Ball Retriever / 540 cm
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A retriever that retrieves, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Longridge Ball Retriever (Sports)
Yes it does. Easy to use, small enough to fit easily into bag and long enough for most retrieval. A friend suggested a longer one but what's the point. Too unwieldy if too long when extended. It's only a golf ball - you don't need to go to great "lengths" to retrieve it - buy a new one. But for those easy to find balls in streams, bushes etc then this the one for you.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Always look at the sizes, 6 Oct 2011
I feel a bit bad giving only two stars. I was looking for a laundry basket to throw the ironing into before getting down the task of actually doing the ironing. This is a small and no doubt useful item for something - not sure what - picture looks like laundry basket but only fits in a couple of pairs of y fronts in reality. Check the size before ordering you fool. Now sitting in my garage with lots of screws, nails and other tat in it

Cape Town Berlitz Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Cape Town Berlitz Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz Guides
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket size but not short on information, 6 Oct 2011
Guide books are so hit and miss. I bought one a while back on Mauritius - full of info but not enough pictures. This one has right balance - good quality pictures which encourage you to go out and see things you might otherwise miss or think not that interesting. And small enough to go in the pocket. Excellent map to get round city on foot. A great place to visit and a great guide to get you started.

Off Minor: (Resnick 4)
Off Minor: (Resnick 4)
by John Harvey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 6 Oct 2011
I have only recently come across John Harvey - well only reading him for a few years - following a recommendation from a friend who shares my love of Rebus. It is dark but engaging with the right balance of intrigue but not just gore and horror. Resnick is an intriguing character and one I feel I get to know a bit more with each book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3