Profile for Mr. Benjamin John Walker > Reviews

Content by Mr. Benjamin J...

Mr. Benjamin John Walker "Benson" (UK)

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Series 1 [DVD] [2000] [2004]
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Series 1 [DVD] [2000] [2004]
Dvd ~ Larry David

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret of comedy is..., 9 Sep 2005
... timing!
This has got to be the finest slice of comic genius in recent years. You've got to start with this series, stick with every episode in order (undisturbed) & enjoy. There are so many references to previous episodes as you go along which make what's going on even funnier. The build-ups in each episode are marvellous and often leave me shouting at the screen at our hero... Mr Larry David. Spread the word, but don't phone your friends after 10pm... that's the cut off... or is it 9.30?

The Other Side Of The Bed [DVD]
The Other Side Of The Bed [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ernesto Alterio

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic looking girls, funny film..., 21 Jan 2005
Couldn't quite work out the soundtrack though. Is it meant to be that funny? The lyrics are fantastic... but is it meant to be ironical? I would normally know however this is a Spanish film... do they see irony the same way as the Brits?
All beautiful people... very funny moment is the men's doubles tennis match towards the end.
A great farce... looks stylish... good music... good dancing.
Enjoy!

Small Circle
Small Circle

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning!, 19 Nov 2004
This review is from: Small Circle (Audio CD)
I saw Clayhill support The Webb Brothers earlier this year in Leeds. I wasn't blown away but that was no reflection on the band (a bunch of farm hands was my initial impression)... the sound in the venue wasn't brilliant. However, I did find Clayhill really interesting and wanted to find out more.
When I found the new album, I bought it and have hardly stopped playing it to myself and others. All responses have been great.
I love it and really look forward to seeing the band again soon, hopefully in a better sounding venue and perhaps with a full band? Keep the music flowing. Northern Soul, Moon I hide & End Refrain are the standout tracks for me... although I haven't skipped a track through boredom yet, which is rare for me. All tracks are beautifully crafted and have explosive qualities.
Clarke, Barnes & Friend are names to look out for in the future... I'm sure we'll hear a lot more from them!

We Are Fuck You
We Are Fuck You

4.0 out of 5 stars Barking!, 26 Jan 2004
This review is from: We Are Fuck You (Audio CD)
But I really quite like it.
Pretty shoddy production (sounds like it was recorded in an afternoon) with studio noise-a-plenty... or is that what we're led to believe? Maybe it's pretending to be on the shoddy side... I wouldn't put this past Mr. Adams.
Very NY punk-rock, most songs averaging on 1min40seconds!
Do another one lads... go on... please.

Waiting For Columbus
Waiting For Columbus

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Rad-Gumbo!, 24 Nov 2003
This review is from: Waiting For Columbus (Audio CD)
The original vinyl version of this album, is just amazing, sounding as fresh today as the 25 years ago when originally recorded. This re-mastered double cd album with extra material is just quite simply outstanding.
It's the only album that I can happily play for months on end in my car... there just isn't a boring or badly played track on there. Lowell George & troops did good!
An essential buy... even if you're new to the 'Feat'.
Enjoy!!!