Profile for Fenella Copplestone > Reviews

Content by Fenella Copple...

Fenella Copplestone (Rennes,France)

Darwin
Darwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Darwin (Kindle Edition)
This was a fascinating read setting Darwin's personal odyssey within the political and cultural milieu of his time.

Instructions for a Heatwave
Instructions for a Heatwave

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story-teller, 12 Jan 2014
Maggie writes compulsively readable stories. They are very good entertainments in terms of plot and she shows a considerable knowledge of human nature.

Unexpected Lessons in Love
Unexpected Lessons in Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful kindly writing in the main, 12 Jan 2014
Not really my kind of writing but well-done. An exploration of the pain and fear of cancer-sufferers underlying the mystery of the ambiguous woman whose appearance sets things in motion.

Ghosts
Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterly read, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ghosts (Kindle Edition)
John Banville is a spell-binding writer, however unpromising the underlying story.You are drawn into the psyche of characters you would find repulsive in real life;

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - No. 8 Grandest Grape - 3g/0.1oz
Offered by Posh Slap

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Chubbies, 12 Jan 2014
This is a new style of lipstick and a pleasure to use. I have a couple of other shades I bought in Paris.

Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Rotary Clothes Airer with 45 mm Metal Soil Spear - 50 Metres

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia Rotary dryer is a winner!, 13 Jun 2013
I wanted to have a Brabantia Rotary dryer for its efficiency and its good looks.This is an excellent product,very easy to lift up and take down, and looks good too on my newly slabbed garden.. I would not be without it!

Brabantia Protective Cover For Lift-O-Matic Advance and SmartLift Rotary Dryers - Black
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Brabantia Cover, 13 Jun 2013
I wanted to have a Brabantia Rotary dryer and I would strongly recommend having this handsome cover. This protective product is essential in the Scottish climate and extremely simple to use.

Why Should I Work for You?: How to Find the Job That's Right for You - and Get the Offer
by Keith Potts

5.0 out of 5 stars Just at the right time, 16 April 2010
This book arrives at just the right time. In the middle of an unprecedented financial crisis, everyone employed, unemployed, or planning to enter employment must be considering their options. Considering that we spend the best parts of our lives working and preparing to work, the best question we can ask ourselves is in the title. The authors explore how we can best evaluate ourselves for possible job markets with humour and common sense. Their shrewd and challenging questions help us see what our own individual working style brings to the job we want to apply for or to the promotion we seek within our present organisation. Then they bring their own years of experience to bear on enabling us to understand more clearly how employers match us as individuals to the posts they have available. Most helpfully,employers from well-known organisations share the secrets of their interview techniques. Excellent questionnaires, checklists, and examples of CVs offer a mini-training course on how to present ourselves confidently and successfully at interview - once we have discerned that the job we are applying for is, in fact, the job that suits our strengths and abilities. There is no padding:the chapters are designed to take us through a process that is easy to follow and suggest websites where we can follow up some relevant point in more detail.
The whole approach is based on genuinely broad experience and there is an assurance about the book's plain English style that transfers itself to the reader both as potential employee - or future employer. If you buy it, this book will build up your confidence and you will enjoy it also as a good read.It enabled me, as a retired professional, to understand why I enjoyed my own working life so much and how I fitted into the teams I joined so well. I am going to buy a couple more copies for some young professionals in my family circle and I hope they will pass them round their friends. It is an excellent means of getting to know yourself much better as you plan for a long and flexible working life.

The Frugal Life: How to Spend Less and Live More
The Frugal Life: How to Spend Less and Live More
by Piper Terrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping feedback coming in, 18 Feb 2010
This is a well-written, deeply sensible look at how to live a life less wasteful and importantly, it is associated with a blog through which Piper Terrett gains important insights into ordinary people's concerns: what disturbs them about our waste of resources and helpful hints about how savings can be made which bring about changes to make families healthier as well as wealthier. This kind of blog - for which Piper Terrett was awarded "Green Voice" of the UK for 2010 - helps to create a community of people who share an ethos badly needed for the future. This book pulls all of those insights together and no doubt will be regularly updated. The previous reviewer, in a most unfortunate position having lost his job should join the associated blogging community and put his particular worries forward. There will be all sorts of help forthcoming, and possibly more tailored to his needs, and where he lives. No use looking for rabbits, if you live in a totally urban environment! Rabbits kept many families fed in the South East during the Second World War, and we have to presume that when rationing and deprivation started to take hold, many people learned how to skin one pretty fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Eric recommends...., 28 Dec 2009
I bought this product for my son in London because I have the same toothbrush in France where I live. And the reason I have this Braun? Well, that's easy: Doctor Eric told me to get it! No, not the cheaper versions the pharmacist wanted me to take - they were out of this model at the time.Only the Braun Oral B Professional Care would do, so they ordered it for me and I got it next day. Braun Oral-B Professional Care Deep Clean & Sensitive 8500 Rechargeable ToothbrushIn my experience, having had the great good fortune to find a first class dentist, it pays to follow his advice.It works!