Profile for WordWoman > Reviews

Beyond Dynamic Yoga - The Power Of Ashtanga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Beyond Dynamic Yoga
Offered by replay-international

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for more experienced yoga fans, 27 April 2006
This DVD has had some mixed reviews on the site, but I'm glad I trusted my instincts and bought it. Many people complained it's not suitable for beginners, and I would definitely agree with that. This DVD is great for people like me who have been to classes and know what they are doing, but just want a few pointers to keep them on the right track and motivate them. It is fast-moving, but allows you to keep up a steady flow of movement. I could have done with a little more time to wrestle with some of the trickier postures, but they should come with time. I specifically didn't want a "celebrity" video but one with yoga professionals. I like the fact that one instructor shows the easier version while the other does the full posture, giving you something to aspire to (though I'm not sure I'll ever be wrapping both feet round my neck while balancing on my hands...) The setting is tranquil with no distractions, the music is unobtrusive and the instructions are given as a voiceover, leaving the instructors free to concentrate on the postures. All in all, it's a useful extra resource for more experienced users, but not ideal for those who need more guidance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4