Profile for RuairidhMc92 > Reviews

Strictly Diesel
Strictly Diesel
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good First Album From Spineshank, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Strictly Diesel (Audio CD)
This is Spineshank's first album which was released in 1998 which is different compared to the later efforts such as the height of callousness and self destructive pattern, but I personally love it! I can see why people might not like it as much as the other albums but after a few listens this will definitely grow on you and you will find it to be a very decent debut from Spineshank! Which went on to become a great metal band! This is where it all began, if you like industrial metal quite similar to fear factory but maybe not quite as intense then this should be right up your street.

The Infection
The Infection

3.0 out of 5 stars I Would Buy Ressurection Instead.., 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Infection (Audio CD)
I am a Chimaira fan and love their previous albums, Ressurection in particular and also their self titled album so I was expecting it to be better or at the least on par with them... How wrong I was! Ok, I can appreciate the band want to develop their sound to something new, that's fine but I personally did not enjoy this record half as much, mainly because for the most part it is much slower than the other albums, and lacks intensity. I was expecting them to develop into something much faster and better and intense but no it was not to be, im sorry to say i did not enjoy it that much, I gave it 3 stars just because I am being generous as I am a fan and I can appreciate that they want to experiment their sound but it wasn't for me, for BIG Chimaira fans only I would say, for fans expecting something that is gonna surpass Ressurection then not so much.

The Raid [DVD] [2011]
The Raid [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Action?? Look No Further!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Raid [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This movie is like a shot of pure adrenaline and doesn't let up for a second! If your planning on watching this on a quiet night with the girlfriend or wife probably not the best idea as it is intensely violent, which I think is bloody fantastic no pun intended! Some of the best martial arts out there is all in this movie, it is subtitled but that isn't a problem if your anything like me and are here to just switch off and enjoy the show of blood, guts, gun fights, martial arts and mayhem then you should highly consider buying this, having a few beers and switching off with the lads and enjoy!

Wrath
Wrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Wrath (Audio CD)
Upon hearing this album at first my reaction was literally HOLY S***!! It is so heavy and fast like most LOG records but this one really kicks it up a gear and its also amazing in terms of lyrics and music! It opens with an acoustic song ''The Passing'' which is a superb opener to this metal album and builds up to the Awesome ''In Your Words'' which is one of my personal favorite LOG songs. Every other song on this album is nothing short of amazing so I highly recommend you buy this record if your a fan of metal, if your new to it, its a good place to start! I would imagine most LOG fans would already own this anyway, 5 stars from me, Awesome album from one of the best metal bands around today!

The Blackening
The Blackening

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Blackening (Audio CD)
The Blackening is an album which you simply must own if your a fan of Machine head or Metal music in general! It has won metal album of the decade, if that doesn't tell you something it really should! I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about this Metal Masterpiece so I implore you to buy this record, you will glad you did!

Through The Ashes Of Empires
Through The Ashes Of Empires
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear Me Now!!, 18 Feb. 2013
This is the much needed return to form for Machine head after the previous supercharger which consisted of mainly Nu-Metal throughout which is good if your looking for a limp bizket record. This is Machine head in a nutshell and the build up album to the best metal album of the decade ''The Blackening.'' But that is no reason to overlook this masterpiece, It opens with ''Imperium'' which is a very, very heavy song that has a catchy verse riff and awesome chorus and outro, I had on repeat many times and have learnt the song on guitar myself now, I love it so much! Which was a task. Anyway the rest of the album is nothing short of amazing and very heavy as you would expect with Machine head, they are also my favorite band who are also second to none live, so ''Hear Me Now'' and buy this very heavy, Awesome album! Hope this review is helpful.

Machine F**king Head Live
Machine F**king Head Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast!, 18 Feb. 2013
I am a huge fan of Machine Head, I saw them live in Glasgow in december 2011 and was completely blown away! Aside from being my all time favorite band, they are one of the few that sound just as good, if not better live! One reason for this is that they get the audience involved with circle pits and all sorts, but all in all you must get this live album, you won't regret it! Sheer Brillance from one of the finest metal bands around, nothing much else to say apart from get it now!

Resolution
Resolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album From An Amazing Band!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Resolution (Audio CD)
This is the first album by LOG I bought and I am so very happy I did! Such an awesome album and band!! Anyone who likes DECENT METAL then look no further, this rip-roaring, brutal, beast of an album will satisfy any real Metalhead, thats what I love about LOG is that they have stuck to their guns and remained true to their roots, its metal as it should be, none of those clean vocals! Just sheer, brutal metal at its finest! Cheers Lamb Of God, you guys keep getting better! 5 stars, Get it, Get it now!

Beast [Explicit]
Beast [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away!!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Beast [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Devildriver have done it again in this one, ''Beast'' which speaks for itself really if you have heard the bands previous efforts you will have a good idea of what to expect. They have clearly knocked it up a gear, Upon hearing Devildriver had released another album I was exited but also anxious to hear it but was far from disappointed! I saw them live later in the year and they played the opener ''Dead to Rights'' which is absolutely amazing!! My personal favorite is ''Blur'' which is very catchy and brutal like most of the tracks but that one really stood out for me. 5 stars! Anyone who is a fan of Devildriver simply must own this ''Beast'' of an album!!

Anger Denial Acceptance
Anger Denial Acceptance

5.0 out of 5 stars Waited Years For This Album, Not Disappointed!, 18 Feb. 2013
Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of Spineshank and have been since The height of Callousness. I knew this album should be very different in comparison to The Height of Callousness and Self-Destructive Pattern as they have been disbanded for years, but I dont't think they are by any means worse, they just evolved like most bands, Machine head sound very different compared to their debut ''Burn My Eyes.'' Spineshank have changed from the Industrial/Nu Metal sound to full blown Metalcore with screams and melodic clean vocals with Bassist Rob Garcia roaring in the background for the most part. But as the band mentoined, they have been firing on all cylinders on this record and after hearing it, I dont doubt that for a second, Its great! Even I admit that at first listen I was like hmmm... just because its very different to previous albums but its a grower so give it a couple listens and it will have you hooked. In conclusion, I found this to be a very good album and a hell of a return from one of my favorite metal bands from my younger days, but as you hear this you will quickly identify the fact that they have evolved to metalcore, not that its a bad thing, they are much better musically also. 5 stars for me anyway! Can't wait for the next release guys! Keep em' coming! Hope this review is helpful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3