Profile for Marie Massey > Reviews

Content by Marie Massey

Marie Massey "M Massey" (Staffs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide: Interpreting the Native
Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide: Interpreting the Native
by Brenda Aloff
Price: 31.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book - a must have, 27 Feb 2014
A beautiful book, very well written and although some of the other comments don't rate the pictures very highly I would say that the information that you need from the photographs is clear to see, yes the pictures are in black and white but this enhances the facial body language that the author is trying to explain. Any blurred pictures are explained well as some body language photographs have to be taken whilst the dog/s are in motion otherwise the point would be missed. Overall a thoroughly interesting and informative book I recommend this to the everyday dog owner through to professionals who work with dogs.

Chrome Cook Book Holder Stand
Chrome Cook Book Holder Stand
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 27 Feb 2014
I bought this item not for cookery books but to hold my study books when typing work up, the previous ones I have purchased wouldn't hold the thick books and the pages of the thin books still managed to turn over, (very annoying), this stand however is very good value for money as I haven't encountered any of the above problems and it is very well made for the intended purpose.

Black Lanyard Chain Neck Cord Glasses Strap Spectacle Reading Glasses Holder
Black Lanyard Chain Neck Cord Glasses Strap Spectacle Reading Glasses Holder
Offered by Outlet 1000
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 27 Feb 2014
I was very pleased with the product when it arrived mainly because of the price I paid. Within two weeks it had broken, I'm not sure if this was my fault as it may have got caught on my jumper but still wouldn't have expected such short service from it.

The Dog's Mind (Pelham Dogs)
The Dog's Mind (Pelham Dogs)
by Bruce Fogle
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading, 27 Feb 2014
I cannot recommend this book enough. It is informative, interesting, at times rather technical but still it is very enlightening. Bruce Fogle knows exactly what he is on about and the book, to me, is sound information and advice. Everything you need to know about understanding your dogs mind better and in depth is in this book.

Dominance in Dogs: Fact or Fiction?
Dominance in Dogs: Fact or Fiction?
by Barry Eaton
Price: 7.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhelpful, 27 Feb 2014
Very biased against the dominant theory of training. I found this book very unhelpful as all it seems to attempt to get across to the reader is how much the 'most famous dog trainer in the world' is completely wrong about his theories. I'm all for listening to different views and other peoples opinions but to me the author isn't interested in any facts and he takes part of sentences from other books and uses them to try and make his point. All through the book all you get is points that other dog trainers have used and this author trying his best to disprove them. I didn't enjoy it and it annoyed me that there wasn't anything new to learn from this book.

Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism (Pocket Study Skills)
Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism (Pocket Study Skills)
by Kate Williams
Price: 5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Helpful, 27 Feb 2014
Do not be disheartened when this book arrives and you see how small it is, it offers a wealth of information in my personal opinion everything you need to know about this subject. The main reason I ordered this book was because with my studies the only observation my tutor made was about my referencing. I cannot say how much this book has helped me and it is so easy to understand. I recommend this book to anyone who needs any assistance from how to reference through to what to reference and even good information on how to find the sources you may need, any student studying at any level and on any course will benefit from this book.

Puppy School: 7 Steps to the Perfect Puppy
Puppy School: 7 Steps to the Perfect Puppy
by Gwen Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 27 Jan 2014
Another brilliant book by Gwen Bailey, the authority on puppy behaviour and how to give your new pet the best chance of fitting into our world. I recommend this book to first time dog owners as well as established 'dog people' as there is always something new to learn from Gwen Bailey.

Lemmings (PSP)
Lemmings (PSP)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lemmings (PSP) (Video Game)
I chose this rating as this was a gift for my 15 year old son and he loves it. It keeps him entertained for hours, and he never seems to get bored of it.

No Place Like Home: A New Beginning with the Dogs of Afghanistan
No Place Like Home: A New Beginning with the Dogs of Afghanistan
by Pen Farthing
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Jan 2014
A lovely, but sad, book. A true story about the plight of the Nowzad dogs and an interesting look at the way of life in another country. I highly recommend this book to dog lovers everywhere.

In Defence of Dogs
In Defence of Dogs
by John Bradshaw
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: In Defence of Dogs (Paperback)
Another brilliant book by John Bradshaw; very well written and extremely interesting. A must have for any dog-lover in todays world

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9