Profile for Ms. April Cross > Reviews

Content by Ms. April Cross

Ms. April Cross "crossar" (Ayr, UK)

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre and Funny, 19 Jan 2013
Every page brings a strange twist to the tale. Ridiculous at times but always entertaining. This 100 year old has lived a fuller and luckier life than anyone!

Christmas Magic: Festive Favourites Made Easy
Christmas Magic: Festive Favourites Made Easy
by Kate Shirazi
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Cookbook by Kate Shirazi!, 17 Sep 2012
If you don't already have a cookbook by Kate Shirazi, you really don't know what you're missing! My copy of Baking Magic is my baking bible, so I had no doubt that this one would not disappoint, and I was right! I was surprised to find recipes for everything you could ever wish to make at Christmastime, from finger food right through to the turkey and mince pies. I think this would be a great cookbook for a newly married couple or a family with young children, or even for someone who just wants to liven up their Christmas menus with some new ideas. This little gem is really worth a purchase! I have already made a couple of the recipes and I can't wait to make more.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 8:35 AM GMT

Eco Steam Master Steam Cleaner with Extra Pads as seen on PITCH TV
Eco Steam Master Steam Cleaner with Extra Pads as seen on PITCH TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, 22 Jan 2011
We bought the predecessor to this mop off PitchTV. In less than a year it was broken. The good news is it was covered by the statutory warranty. The bad news is, they replaced it with the Eco Steam Master. I wasn't all that impressed with the first one so I could hardly believe it when the replacement was even more useless! It doesn't make full contact with the floor unless you push it along at a 90 degree angle and it is just an absolute piece of plastic junk. I have reverted to my good old fashioned mop. Don't waste your money on this product.

The Petit Appetit Cookbook: Easy, Organic Recipes to Nurture Your Baby and Toddler
by Lisa Barnes
Price: 10.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame, 25 April 2010
A shame to see yet another baby cookbook that doesn't take account of Dept of Health / World Health Organisation recommendations that babies are exclusively breastfed until 6 months. Babies need nothing but milk until around 6 months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2010 10:45 PM GMT

The Attachment Parenting Book (Sears Parenting Library)
The Attachment Parenting Book (Sears Parenting Library)
by William Sears
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU ARE NOT WEIRD!!, 5 Jun 2007
If you think it feels 'wrong' to let your baby cry, if you want to hold and bond with your baby as much as you can, if you want to breastfeed for as long as you can and if you want to sleep in the same bed with your baby. In fact, Dr. Sears helps you to see that you are doing what is best for your baby-- it's everyone else who's weird!! Don't listen to all the rubbish about spoiling your baby etc and use your instincts!

I will be buying this book for every first-time mum I meet from now on...!

Scottish Christian Names: AN A to Z of First Names
Scottish Christian Names: AN A to Z of First Names
by Leslie Alan Dunkling
Price: 3.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 12 Jan 2006
I bought this book hoping to find some inspiration for baby names but I was instantly disappointed when the package arrived and it was a tiny book. 'Pamphlet' would be a more adequate description. Things didn't improve on reading the book. My main criticism (and there are many) is that the names in the book are not even all Scottish, in most cases the book lists names and describes whether they are commonly used in Scotland. The author doesn't even bother to divide into boy and girl names. It really didn't give me any inspiration at all but I will be more careful next time I buy a book online to check the publishing date, this one was published in 1978!!

The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You
The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You
by Vicki Iovine

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Needed Humour and Some Good Advice, 5 Jan 2006
This book is not designed to be the 'all you need to know' type and it admits it isn't medical but it does give you a lot of info that you wouldn't have guessed/imagined. And, most importantly, it makes you laugh! I got it as a present from a friend who just had her first baby and I would buy it for other friends their first time. WARNING: Don't buy it if you or your friend doesn't have a sense of humour though!!