Profile for Mr. K. I. Mansley > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. I. Mansley

Mr. K. I. Mansley "Kenny" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: Sony Cameras *Lifetime Guarantee* (Sony Alpha A6000 / A5000 / A5100 Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product., 19 Feb. 2015
I purchased this for my new Sony a5100 camera. Seemed easy enough to fit and robust enough to protect the camera screen. Also a very good point is that it doesn't seem to effect the touch screen function either. Only slight concern is that the corners are slightly less rounded that those of the camera screen and in my experience of protective phone screens, I think they may be liable to catch and lift the protector if not treated carefully. Hopefully not – time will tell. Also a little expensive for what's in the packet – maybe if 2 were included it might be better value.

Sony Alpha A5100 24.3MP Interchangeable Lens Camera with 16-50 Lens - Black
Sony Alpha A5100 24.3MP Interchangeable Lens Camera with 16-50 Lens - Black
Offered by Camera Centre UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera but with a few disappointments., 18 Feb. 2015
Great camera – bought it as a replacement to my ageing original NEX-5. Main draw was the wi-fi connection and the touch screen. Wi-fi was relatively painless to set up so I can now connect wirelessly to my Mac and iPhone/iPad which means I can email images when I'm out and about. The touch screen is limited to either focussing or taking a photograph – you have to set which one you prefer. There is no touch screen navigation of the camera control menu which was a bit disappointing. Great size, marginally larger than the NEX-5 but still more or less fits the same Sony body case and hood, and feels great in the hand. However, I can only give it 4 stars as the main disappointment for me is that Sony have replaced the metal body of the NEX-5 with plastic. Good quality plastic it may be, but it doesn't feel the same. The supplied lens SEL1650 is very compact, but again lacks the feel of my original 16-50 lens and additional E-lenses I've bought over the years which look like they are made from aluminium. So 4 out of 5 stars from me.

Andoer Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Music Receiver/Adapter 30-pin Dock Speaker Boombox Applies to iPad/iPod touch/iPhone/Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/Note2/ Other Bluetooch Cell Phones/ Bluetooth Notebook Support A2DP & AVRCP Black
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gizmo, 30 Jan. 2015
Perfect! Plugged it into the 30 pin iPhone cable in my Mini and now I can wirelessly stream music to the sound system. Great little gizmo which got around BMW/Mini have not (as far as I know) produced a cable for the car with the newer Lightning iPhone plug. It mostly connects straight away as soon as it has power, occasionally I have to go into bluetooth settings on the iPhone and manually connect.

Ergon BC2 Rucksack blue Size regular (bis 175 cm) 2014 Rucksack cycling
Ergon BC2 Rucksack blue Size regular (bis 175 cm) 2014 Rucksack cycling
Offered by BIKESTER

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, very well made back-pack, 3 Nov. 2014
Good, very well made back-pack. Quite technical in that it's got lots of straps and ways to make adjustments, but it's all so that the stuff you are carrying stays in place. It's also quite bulky due to the shoulder mechanism and the lower plastic 'cradle' system that forms part of the lower straps. I've used it while cycling and it's a very good fit for me and the way it distributes it's weight and the way it allows your shoulders to move independently to the backpack is impressive. The slight downside is that it doesn't really have that much room inside – and the 2 main compartments might have been better as one. You can extend the main compartment by an additional 4L by unzipping The bulkiness can also be a bit of a problem on a crowded Tube – you can't really fold the straps and shoulder harness away so it's not great for commuting with unless you're on a bike. As I said above it's very well made but for the cash it should have come with taped zips rather than a rain cover. The rain cover also should have had a strap where a light can be fastened. Not sure about the sizing but mine says "Small" on the shoulder mechanism. On an end note – it does feel like it should last a good few years.

Transcend JetDrive Lite 350 128GB Storage Expansion Card
Transcend JetDrive Lite 350 128GB Storage Expansion Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat fit into both my MacBook Pros, 15 Aug. 2014
Great little drive – fits very neatly into the SD card slot in my 15" MacBook Pro Retina AND also my mid-2011 MacBook Pro which I use at work. This means I can transfer files quickly and easily between macs when I need to, although the main purpose of the JetDrive was to expand the memory on my MBPr and give me additional space to keep movies and photograph back-ups on. A lot of space for a reasonable price. Well worth it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2014 7:22 PM GMT

Garmin 010-11959-00 Designer Car Kit for Apple iPhone 5/ 5S
Garmin 010-11959-00 Designer Car Kit for Apple iPhone 5/ 5S

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well designed and a good product. Only issue is the size of the ..., 2 Aug. 2014
Very well designed and a good product. Only issue is the size of the suction cup – it's definitely on the large side. I bought this so I had somewhere safe to keep my iPhone in my MGB. It attaches to either the bottom of the windscreen or the far left of the dash next to the glove box. The up-side of the size of the suction cup is that it's very secure, with very little wobble. Oh – and you need an allen key to adjust the degree of movement in the holder which is very stiff – but no allen key is included.

MediaDevil Magicscreen BACK (REAR) screen protector: Dual-tone Clear - Apple iPhone 5/5S (2 x BACK protectors only). IMPORTANT: Read product description before purchasing.
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, and delivered the next day – even ..., 2 Aug. 2014
Great product, and delivered the next day – even with free p&p (and the sweets are a nice touch too!). With a bit of care when applying the protectors, they look virtually invisible and have protected my 5S since new. The first pack lasted around 8 months, which for the price is pretty excellent.

7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver - BLUETOOTH ENABLE YOUR HI-FI, SPEAKER DOCK OR CAR STEREO!
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 22 April 2014
Great little product, it arrived the following day in good, neat card packaging (no plastic!) which was good. The receiver itself is surprisingly small. Instructions are very straight forward. I initially tested it using headphones and there is a little background noise, but it's very minimal. I now have it hooked up to a concealed amp in my MGB and can stream music direct from my iPhone or iPad. Also good for playing music and using maps/sat nav as the phone/iPad turns the music down and speaks commands via the receiver then turns the music back up again. Pretty cool – certainly well worth £17 or so.

Poly-Planar Usb-Pm Panel Mount Usb Charge Port - 12V
Poly-Planar Usb-Pm Panel Mount Usb Charge Port - 12V

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product., 16 April 2014
Exactly what I was looking for. Although a little larger than I thought it would be (38mm diameter), it is however quite shallow and I was able to discreetly fit it in my MGB to allow me to charge my iPhone and use my iPad as sat nav. I wired it through the ignition switch so it only comes on when the car is running – which turned out to be a good move as there is a blue led inside the unit so that the ports glow blue. Only downside is that the 1amp port isn't really powerful enough to charge but it will at least prevent a device from running out of power. Not sure where it was shipped from but it took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Belkin iPod / iPhone Sync & Charge cable, Black
Belkin iPod / iPhone Sync & Charge cable, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 7 April 2014
I already have one of these Belkin cables, but what I received was not the same cable and not as advertised here. There was no packaging and the cable did not look new. I have no way of knowing if this is a genuine Belkin cable and so have returned it rather than risk using it.

Page: 1 | 2