Profile for Ghosts of 'Lectricity > Reviews

Content by Ghosts of 'Lec...

Ghosts of 'Lectricity "MusicLoverMitch" (England)

The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
by Zoe Harcombe
Price: 8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars 45 pound loss, so far., 8 Dec 2011
When I bought this book I ( a 5' 11" tall man) was 21 stone 6 lbs; as I type this ( about 14 weeks after book purchase) I am now 18 stone 3lbs, roughly about half way on my journey to a weight I can be happy with.

It seems to me that willpower is always a vital ingredient with any diet and the Harcombe Diet is no different. It introduces you to the importance of eating 'real" food and steering clear from processed stuff.

I find it a relatively easy diet to follow and one that I can continue for the next few months. My target is a weight of 15 stone 5lbs, which will give me a BMI of 29.9 meaning I'm no longer in one of the obese categories but will be officially only "overweight"!! -- Welcome to the weird world of the tubbies.

The book itself can be a wee bit repetitive but it is simply trying to hammer home the essential points of the diet.It's all about food combining,hypersomethingorother and something called candida(which I thought was a cheesy song in the 70's). If, unlike me, you are a good cook the possibilities are pretty much endless as to the variations you can enjoy. To be honest, I eat an enormous amount of porridge,hard boiled eggs and all types of meat.

Zoe insists you shouldn't consider the calories in what you eat or for that matter consider portion size. But I find a sensible attitude towards the amounts of grub you are putting on your plate is essential if you want the scales to say nice things to you.

Give the book a try, I'm sure if you are the sort of person who only needs to lose a stone or two this diet would make that pretty easy. Us super-hefties can also achieve great things but it's gonna talk a while. I'll have to stop now, it's boiled eggs time!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 10:51 AM BST

If On A Winter's Night A Traveller (Vintage Classics)
If On A Winter's Night A Traveller (Vintage Classics)
by Italo Calvino
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 13 Aug 2010
Quite simply a unique book.

The book is really about that love affair we have with the very concept of reading. It makes you want to read more; whilst at the same time you are rather glad that you are reading Calvino.

A revelation and a joy.