Profile for Keen Observer > Reviews

Content by Keen Observer

Keen Observer (London,UK)

Carrying Hard Case Bag for Earphone Headphone iPod MP3
Carrying Hard Case Bag for Earphone Headphone iPod MP3
Offered by Henwa(From HK 15-35 days delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does the job well, 2 Sept. 2014
The case is well made, solid and won't crush in a suitcase or bag. Reasonably priced and does the job of protecting your earphones very well. It came with a lead which clips onto the case if you want it to.

Proporta Headphone Earphone Earbud Earpod Cable Tidy - Pack of 3 for iPhone 4 4S 5 5S 5C iPad 2 3 4 mini Air Kindle HTC Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note iPod classic touch shuffle nano Beats Sennheiser Wire Organiser
Offered by Proporta

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does the job perfectly, 2 Sept. 2014
A very simple but useful product. They 'clamp' onto your earphones with a strong magnet and will not open again unless you pull them apart. For once my earphones remain untangled and in good condition. The cable tidy is very well made, smooth to the touch and has a quality feel. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Kanex AirPlay Mirroring for VGA Projector, Apple TV ATV Pro - Black
Kanex AirPlay Mirroring for VGA Projector, Apple TV ATV Pro - Black
Offered by Limestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on a VGA (non HDMI) 10 year old plasma TV screen, 30 Aug. 2013
I bought the Kanex ATV Pro to use with a 10 year old Panasonic TV plasma screen with an Apple TV 3rd gen.
I wanted to stream video/music/photos and use mirroring with my late 2009 MacBook, which in Apple speak is Airplay and Airplay Mirroring.

The plasma screen does not have a HDMI input (which the Apple TV needs) but does have a VGA input.
You will need a VGA cable to plug into the Kanex and the other end to your screen.
You will also need a 3.5mm jack lead (the same as most headphone ends) to be able to get sound from Apple TV.
The volume can then be controlled via the speaker you attach to the Kanex or via your computer/ iPhone/iPod. Please note that I didn't get volume control using a simple bluetooth speaker but when I connected to a slightly more sohphisticated portable speaker, it worked.

I have a late 2009 MacBook and Mountain Lion. I could get videos/music/photos to play from iPhone 4 and also from my MacBook as long as the videos were already in iTunes.
You will not be able to play .AVI .MKV .FLV etc videos from your MacBook without using third party software. The good news is there is a great app called Beamer that works seamlessly to allow you to play other video
formats.

As far as I understand Airplay MIrroring will not work with a pre 2011 Macbook and anything else less than Mountain Lion. Again there is a great app called AirParrot which allows you to do this on a pre 2011 MacBook. This will allow you to mirror exactly what is on your computer screen to your TV screen or monitor.

In conclusion, the Kanex adaptor works well to be able to stream media from (in my case) an iPhone 4 and late 2009 MacBook via an Apple TV linked to the Kanex linked to VGA input of plasma TV screen.

Unbreakable Low Light / Winter Motorcycle Sunglasses/Biker Wraparound Glasses and Free Microfibre Pouch
Offered by Global Eyewear Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Nov. 2011
I bought this for a friend so have not tried it myself. However, he's raving about it and wants to get a couple more so must be good. I can say that the item was delivered very fast and had no trouble with the seller.

Creative D100 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Aux-in - Blue
Creative D100 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Aux-in - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Recommended, 28 May 2011
I looked around a lot before purchasing these speakers in May2011 and have found it absolutely what I needed. Here are the good points:

-I use it via bluetooth with an Iphone 4 and a MacBook early 2010 model and it works perfectly.
-Good quality sound, way better than built-in iPhone 4 speakers (which are not too bad in itself). I listen a lot to internet streamed talk radio on my iPhone and the Creative speaker makes for a smooth listening experience.
- You can choose whether you listen from the speaker or from your device by adjusting from your device, e.g. iPhone, without disconnecting bluetooth. They do not interfere with each other. Brilliant!
- You can adjust volume from your device and/or from speaker.
- The speaker can be used from the mains or from 4 AA batteries. When I am using rechargeable batteries, they are lasting a very long time. Please note, when plugged into the mains, it does not charge the batteries.
- Easy to pair up bluetooth devices.
- Also works with anything via the speaker's AUX IN input. (Have not tried this yet, as I don't have the jack link).
- The advantage over 'docking' speakers is that e.g. a smartphone can be used with this speaker remotely (bluetooth) with the smartphone in your hand that you would not be able to do if it were docked in position on the speaker. i.e. answer the phone without having to go the dock.
- Feels like a quality product, light but no way flimsy. Does not move about once on a surface due to 4 rubber pads.
- It even comes with interchangeable plug ends for the mains, UK 3 pin and Euro 2 pin, how thoughtful.
- The blue colour I have looks really good, not too flash nor too serious like black. (That's very subjective of course).
- Excellent price for what it does. There may be better sounding speakers but they are also 5 times or more the price. These ones you can take anywhere with you, as they can run on batteries.

Cannot recommend more highly.
P.S. I have no link to Creative, I just love this product and want to help others looking for a similar product like I was.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2012 8:47 PM GMT

A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent Inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran
by Reza Kahlili

5.0 out of 5 stars An insight into tragic events from the eyes of an insider, 15 April 2011
I discovered this book in a non English newspaper mention. It intrigued me in particular because I came across many Iranian students in the early 80's just after the start of the revolution. I found the book informative without being tediously detailed and the author's plight emotionally influencing. I would recommend the book to anyone who is interested with factual events during that time presented from the eyes of someone you went through the life changing period. The book has many heart wrenching moments, happy times and exciting to read as well. It is easy to read and personable.

Nokia N80 - Sim Free Smart Phone with 3 Megapixel Camera
Nokia N80 - Sim Free Smart Phone with 3 Megapixel Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia N80 absolutely brilliant!, 26 Jun. 2006
I've used one for a month now and can say that it is the best mobile I've ever come across. In terms of features its excellent. The main camera is a 3 megapixel affair and takes stunning pictures, expecially when transferred onto your PC. The ease of use of the N80 is excellent, usual Nokia but even more logical and intuiative. The phone itself is small enough to carry in your pocket and forget about but large enough for the screen to be useful and with the sliding keypad, large enough to type comfortably. The weight and feel of the phone is sheer quailty.

It has bluetooth and unusually WIFI too. Is quad band and 3G with MP3 and back and front cameras plus video. Prints directly onto a photo printer with PictBridge. 128MB memory card. You really cannot want more. It has full sync with a PC and for once I was able to transfer ALL my contact details and calendar entries from my Nokia 6600 withot duplications and detail mix-ups, great!

I could go on and on but check its full features on the Nokia website. THE mobile to get.