Profile for Mr Who? > Reviews

Noah [DVD]
Noah [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Noah [DVD] (DVD)
Completely wrong, the story line is so so far from what it was supposed to be. A little 'hollywood' license is fair enough, but this is awful. Save your money and your time.

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus - XBOX ONE and PS4 Compatible - MAC and PC - HDMI Game Capture Device (for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox, PS3) with LIVE In-Game Hardware Streaming, HDMI In and Out, Digital Audio (SPDIF) and Realtime Passthrough

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic, 27 Feb. 2014
Not impressed. After much reading decided the Hauppauge was the right PVR for me, turns out I was wrong. I primarily wanted to back up my recordings from my Sky+ box and use the Hauppauge with my Mac - so went for the GE + edition as it came with the 'free' HD capture…….. Only, turns out the no longer support issuing the free Mac software!! Cheeky bar-stewards!!! That alone was enough to really tick me off, but there is more - I followed the instructions thinking easy, plug and play just like other reviewers have said. Oh how wrong was I!! I plugged in the Xbox 360 as per the instructions, and have managed to get a picture to display on the TV with the PVR inline, however after the initial start up screen on the Xbox 360 has disappeared, the sound turns into a very loud buzzing noise.
I would NOT recommend this unit. Apart from the fact that they DON'T supply a free Mac version any more, it simply doesn't flipping work!!!! I am totally un-impressed!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 4:12 PM GMT

David Brown Tractors - The Collection [DVD]
David Brown Tractors - The Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Brown Tractors

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable watch, 4 Dec. 2013
Enjoyed watching this DVD. There is a good general coverage of the David Brown range, and having memories of my late Grandfather, and late Uncles, it brought back very fond memories.

Nicely done.

Havoc [DVD]
Havoc [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne Hathaway
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply terrible, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Havoc [DVD] (DVD)
Oh my. When I read the reviews posted here by others I thought the film couldn't be that bad - I was badly mistaken.

Whilst some of the 'acting' is passable, the lack of a plot is pretty apparent within the first 10 minutes.

Terrible film. I Recommend you consider colonic irrigation rather than waste your time watching this film. Simply terrible.

Do The Birds Still Sing In Hell?
Do The Birds Still Sing In Hell?
by Horace Greasley and Ken Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, 8 Nov. 2013
I am not a book worm by any means, I will always lean towards the film version of a story over reading it! However, this true story has moved me beyond words. The book arrived in the post at 12 midday, and I literally couldn't put the book down until I finished reading it at 2135 on the same day. Horace Greasley - Thank you for taking the time to share your story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 7:16 AM GMT

Mitex Site Two way Radio
Mitex Site Two way Radio
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money!!, 28 Jun. 2013
Having had a few different handsets now, these are the best for the money so far! The Mitex Site is actually a rebadged chinese radio, the SFE S880 to be exact. In fact all the Mitex radios are actually SFE units. But don't let that put you off!

The 'feel' of the 'Site' is nice, it is quite a lump though. The battery in mine (came as standard) is a 2200 mah. Couple that to the slightly bulkier, ip rated handset and you have a fair old lump of a radio! Superb! It is definitely not a toy, nor does it look like a toy radio!

The sound quality, although not as good as a TAIT handset, is still very very good for the price, especially when you consider the TAIT handsets are approximately 3 times the price. The range is terrain dependant of course, but I have reached distances of around 10 miles with fantastic signal/clarity - worth noting with out much in the way!

The other thing worth mentioning, if you browse around the SFE website, when you find the SFE S880 details, you may notice the transmit power listed on the website for a UHF handset is NOT 5 watts, it is in fact only 4 watts. The VHF version handset available in China is the 5 watt radio. I've not hooked up any sort of power meter to the Mitex Site, but I wouldn't be surpised if they were in fact 4 watts and not 5 as advertised.

People say that if you want to buy a longer antenna you need to buy it through Mitex UK - I promise you this is not the case! Take a look on the well known auction site (rhymes with flea-bay) and look for a Nagoya female SMA tuned whip antenna - delivered from china for a fraction of the price and its a better antenna.

I personally think that the 'Site' is the best model, rugged, ip rated, massive battery as standard, comes with desktop charger, and a case - all in for the price. Super.

Now, I would have scored it a 5/5, however the down side to the Mitex branded radios is that you struggle like a flippen hamster on a merry-go-round to find the software to re-program to different frequencies. I've not asked Mitex UK myself for a copy of the software, but I am lead to believe that they do not sell it, or give out copys of it. For me that would have been a real show stopper, however I have managed to get a hold of the software for the Mitex Site.

So, a great radio for the price! I will definitely buy another before to long - but ONLY because I have the software! If you're happy to buy the radio and use it as is on a license, then crack on and buy it! You won't be disappointed :)

Dexim DWA008W Sync & Charge Cable for iPhone and iPod - White
Dexim DWA008W Sync & Charge Cable for iPhone and iPod - White
Offered by Sunny & Warm

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but needs to loose weight!, 10 April 2010
This sync and charge cable does exactly what it is supposed to do with out a problem. However, if like me, you have wrapped your iphone in a protective case, then this sync and charge cable may not fit into the port on your iphone. This is because the plastic bit around the plug, that fits into the iphone, is quite a bit fatter than the origional Apple sync & charge cable.