Profile for Sunsetmama > Reviews

Content by Sunsetmama

Sunsetmama

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Enderising: An Unofficial Minecraft Book (The Ender War Saga 1)
Enderising: An Unofficial Minecraft Book (The Ender War Saga 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Minecrafters, 8 May 2015
This is a good story for Minecraft fans and other children. I used this book for reading practice for children between the ages of 10-13.
As I had to read it with several different children I thought it was well written and an interesting story.

A Restored Man (The Men of Halfway House Book 3)
A Restored Man (The Men of Halfway House Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensual, quirky story with a great plot., 8 May 2015
I found this book advertised at the back of another and was intrigued. I realised it was part of a series and tried a sample of the first book, then I was hooked!! Lol.

This story is sensual, interesting and down right romantic. The characters come alive and make you want to read their stories.

I downloaded a boxed set of the first books and would gladly continue to pay for the pleasure these books have given me.

Each book has a stand alone story, but some of the characters pop up now and again. This is good because these guys are great characters and it's good to see how life is treating them.

Keep the stories coming please.

I would recommend to anyone who likes romance, if you haven't tried a man to man romance because it isn't your thing.....go on I dare you!

Sweet Giordan, Please Remember
Sweet Giordan, Please Remember

2.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 7 Mar. 2015
I have tried a sample and thought I would like to read this story.....then I saw the price of £3.60 for 89 pages!

Sorry far too expensive!!

ABC ANIMAL Rhyming Storybook (The Alphabet Series 1)
ABC ANIMAL Rhyming Storybook (The Alphabet Series 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this ABC book, 17 Dec. 2014
I like this ABC book, it is a little different from other books because of the rhyming text.

It's colourful and has pretty illustrations. I have used this book with some Spanish children to help with their pronunciation and talking. Also with my 2 and half grandsons and found that they like the pictures and could copy when I said the name of the animal, but didn't take in the rhyming. So would recommend using with perhaps a 4 year old.

Widow's To Do List
Widow's To Do List

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 Dec. 2014
I tried, I really did try to read this book, the blurb made me think it would be funny and insightful. Not for me it wasn't.

At first I was sympathetic to her situation, but as the story went on, first I got frustrated, then I got bored with the monotony of it and eventually put the book down.

Sorry, this is only my opinion.

Orangey the Goldfish (Book 1)
Orangey the Goldfish (Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book for little ones, 17 Dec. 2014
A great little book for my grandson who is 2 and half.

The colours are bright and the pages just long enough.

I would recommend this for anyone to download for their little ones. Enjoy.

The Bad Ass Brides Collection
The Bad Ass Brides Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Good classic romances from a brilliant author, 17 Dec. 2014
I found these when searching Amazon for one of my favourite authors, Maggie Shayne.

It's a three pack collection of classics which I had not read before. Yippee! Three romances that in my opinion stand the test of time.

I must admit to having a long relationship with this author's stories and in the past it was not always possible to afford the books, it's great to find this as a cheap download for my kindle. Keep them coming Maggie.

Children's Book: Our New Couch (Bed Time Story, Imaginative and Fun, Ages 3-7)
Children's Book: Our New Couch (Bed Time Story, Imaginative and Fun, Ages 3-7)

4.0 out of 5 stars liked the colours and listened to the rhyming story but ..., 17 Dec. 2014
I picked this up as a free download.

My grandson (2 and a half), liked the colours and listened to the rhyming story but didn't understand the words. One to keep for when a little older maybe.

I have used this when talking with Spanish students, it gives them more vocabulary and a sense of rhyming words,excellent for pronunciation.

Pets (Discover Series)
Pets (Discover Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to read with your little ones, 17 Dec. 2014
This was a free download for me. I downloaded it to use as a teaching tool for vocabulary. It's lovely.

I found my Spanish kids would pick up very quickly what things were and it improved there pronunciation because I spoke first. Just like when you teach an English toddler.

I would recommend this book for downloading onto your mobile or tablet, a device with colour. Ideal when your flying with your little ones or just for sitting and letting them use your mobile or tablet. On my basic Kindle the pictures did not work.

My Cowboy Heart: (Intermix)
My Cowboy Heart: (Intermix)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all who like romance, 17 Dec. 2014
I followed another reviewer to this book and then saw so many positive reviews. I read the synopsis and thought "yeah".

Boy! I was not sorry to pass some time reading this. You can see details of the story with other reviewers, this is my opinion.

The story flows in such away you find yourself wanting to delve into the characters. They come alive off the page, whether it's the main characters or the "family" around them. The dialogue in between them is sharp, funny, loving and can be downright straight forward. It also shows people like they really are, not always sweetness and light. Sometimes jealous, mean or just plain sarcastic. Like when you speak before you think! We've all done that one time or another haven't we?

The story is told in the first person, which I normally don't like, but it works so well.

This is my first Z A Maxfield book and on the strength of it have already downloaded the second book in the series. The characters in the second book have played such a big part in the first book, they make you want to continue reading. Rather than you thinking to yourself,"Oh I have to buy another book" you find yourself wanting to know their story.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance. It is a m/m romance, which not to everyone's taste, but it brings all the elements, trials and tribulations of loving into a wonderful woven story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12