Profile for M. Strachan > Reviews

Content by M. Strachan

M. Strachan (Kent, UK)

Bébé Gourmet: My Baby Recipe Book - 100 easy recipes for raising adventurous eaters
by Jenny Carenco

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby meals, 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this book for my daughter to give her some ideas for feeding her baby son when he starts on solids. I thought the recipes looked very good and particularly liked the ones for mum, dad and baby. It would make a lovely gift to give to someone with a young baby rather than the usual baby clothes.

The Fast Diet Recipe Book: 150 Delicious, Calorie-controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy
by Mimi Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, 29 May 2013
I decided to try the fast diet for the health benefits rather than weight loss as I am not overweight, so the recipe book was a natural choice to go with the book. I have tried a lot of the recipes and without exception they have all been delicious. I would happily use them on non-fast days, perhaps with an extra vegetable, but in fact I found the portion size was larger than I was expecting and quite adequate. I would certainly recommend it.

Amazon.co.uk Custom Paper Gift Card (generic design)
Amazon.co.uk Custom Paper Gift Card (generic design)
Price: £1,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, 12 Sept. 2011
A very acceptable birthday gift for someone who you don't know what to buy for. The recipient was very pleased.

Pub Walks in Kent: Forty Circular Walks Around Kent Inns
Pub Walks in Kent: Forty Circular Walks Around Kent Inns
by David Hancock

3.0 out of 5 stars Caution needed, 29 Aug. 2009
I bought this book about 12 years ago and enjoyed most of the walks, but recently we have tried some of them again and found that several of the pubs are now private houses and a few of the footpaths have been diverted, so an OS map is essential. Even 12 years ago I remember some of the directions were rather ambiguous. It's a shame this book couldn't be updated as the walks are actually very enjoyable (if you can find the way).