Profile for The Bio > Reviews

Content by The Bio

The Bio (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Crocs Crocband, Unisex-Adults' Flip flops, Pink (Candy Pink), 5 UK (M)/6 UK (W)
Crocs Crocband, Unisex-Adults' Flip flops, Pink (Candy Pink), 5 UK (M)/6 UK (W)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright pink crocs, 11 April 2015
Received these today, and even though it is April in UK, I have put them straight on. So comfy and love the colour (candy). Very happy.

Safe & Sound Pill & Tablet Cutter
Safe & Sound Pill & Tablet Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy cat, 9 April 2015
Great device, very sharp and easy to use. Sometimes the tablets crumble but I think that is because I press it too hard - mostly the tablets halve perfectly. Very useful as I have to give my ageing cat three different half pills every day!

Cat/Dog Paw Prints Vinyl Stickers decals, car, window, van
Cat/Dog Paw Prints Vinyl Stickers decals, car, window, van
Offered by Pro Cut Graphics

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat paws, 9 April 2015
Great service, well packaged. Easy to apply and look like they will stick well. Now I can tell my wheelie bin from the 9 others that cluster together as only mine has cat paws running over it!

Composting Worms 250g
Composting Worms 250g
Offered by Wormcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding a good home, 9 April 2015
This review is from: Composting Worms 250g
Very fast delivery, and the worms were well packaged so arrived safe and sound. Looked very lively, and disappeared into my compost bin, chewing away. Very happy customer!

Esse Marcasite Sterling Silver Black Onyx and Marcasite Art Deco Ring - Size O
Esse Marcasite Sterling Silver Black Onyx and Marcasite Art Deco Ring - Size O

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice style ring, 17 Feb. 2015
Very pleased with this ring, something different and looks very expensive. Have had many positive comments which is always nice!

BRITISH MADE SOLID (1.75mm Gauge) Sterling Silver Pendant Chain Heavier Weight 18 inch FREE POST
Offered by Antomus Jewellery Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice chains, 17 Feb. 2015
Bought two of these chains. Haven't worn them yet but look like they are strong and pretty at the same time. They were packaged with such care, very impressed.

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 10 stars Luke!, 27 Dec. 2014
Loved this book - and I am not just saying that because Luke would like a confidence boosting 5 stars! The story was so simple and yet so intriguing, and Luke's writing made the tension build up so much that I even wanted to cancel a trip to the cinema. But how do you let your friend down gently with that as a reason? Instead I kept wondering how it would end while watching the movie (which incidentally was very good too).

The ending was interesting, but I had to think whether I approved of the logic behind it for a bit before I accepted it was actually pretty clever. Luke gives an alternative ending, and that made me think of a good ploy to get his readers interacting. Before the twist happens, could you pause the book and ask people to think how they would get out of the situation the two main protagonists are in? Crowd source ideas in a comment section of a blog post that is only revealed once you have reached that point, and then sell the actual final chapter for one penny on Amazon? Just a thought, as I am sure there are some really creative people out there who may come up with some really whacky ideas. Sure someone has already tried that; if not I am copyrighting it!

The Martian
The Martian

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
A great story, cross between Apollo 13 and Gravity, definitely movie material. Nearly gave it 5 stars as it was very gripping and a good read. The one minus for me was the main character is rather one dimensional. Although I grew to like him, and the humour had me crack a smile a few times, I felt the need to write in some prose of my own. Perfect setting for philosophical arguments in his head, for looking out at the stars and wondering which dot may actually be his home planet. Mars must have some beauty about it, even if only the setting sun, or a view of its two moons, anything! And surely his situation would make him cycle through a plethora of human emotions - anger, sadness, downright depression, bitterness, hope, misery, despair, acceptance, fear, loneliness, cycling round with some good days in between? Instead he seemed mostly to crack jokes or swear at things!

Still, I would highly recommend this book, and if you don't understand the science, ignore it.....the story is good enough to please engineers and sci fi fans alike. Enjoy.

Swanson Ultra Women's Anti-Stress Formula 167mg, 60 Capsules
Swanson Ultra Women's Anti-Stress Formula 167mg, 60 Capsules
Offered by healthmonthly-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep like a baby, 22 Dec. 2014
I am writing this with a cat on one knee and my iPad on the other, so excuse any spelling mistakes. This anti-stress formula has really worked to help my sleep. I suffer from insomnia every so often when I feel wired, probably due to high cortisol. Two of these pills send me into an instant deep sleep. I take them both when I get into bed, read a bit, and in no time feel my eyes closing. They contain lactium derived from milk, and I found out about them in Julie Ross book, the Mood Cure. Hope it works for you too!

Apple 32GB Sim Free iPhone 5 - White
Apple 32GB Sim Free iPhone 5 - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect phone, 19 Oct. 2014
Very happy. Working perfectly even though i bought it as a refurbished phone, and love the look and feel of the iPhone 5. Would definitely buy from this seller again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2015 4:47 PM BST