Profile for Happy Shopper > Reviews

Content by Happy Shopper

Happy Shopper (staffordshire)

Collins Gem Spanish Dictionary (Collins Gem)
Collins Gem Spanish Dictionary (Collins Gem)
by Collins Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little dictionary, 15 Jun. 2012
I purchased this dictionary for my daughter who is in year 10 and taking GCSE Spanish. She has a large dictionary already which she uses for homework, but with a bag full of school books it was too big to take to school. This is a great little book with a plastic cover to slip in her school bag. It is clear to read and covers everything she needs for GCSE level, and there is a useful section in the middle with commonly used phrases (which she hasn't learnt at school) which have helped with her Spanish Oral exam. A good buy, I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning Spanish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2016 7:15 PM GMT

Letts Academic Butterfly 2012-2013 A6 Week to View Diary
Letts Academic Butterfly 2012-2013 A6 Week to View Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Different designs please!, 15 Jun. 2012
I have purchased the Letts Academic A6 diary for the last couple of years and I love the layout. The clear pockets are so useful for storing notes scribbled on bits of paper etc and the ruler divider is great for marking your place so it opens at the current week easily. The plastic cover and elastic strap keep it closed and protected and stop things falling out. But please can we have some different colours and designs, I'm really not into "pink" and butterflies but we have it AGAIN this year (it's hardly distinguishable form last years cover design)! Also I found the paper quality in the new diary is inferior to previous ones, it appears to be thinner and also an unpleasant "off white" colour. Overall a good design that I would buy agin, but a different colour cover and better paper next year please Letts!

Guinness World Records 2010
Guinness World Records 2010
by unknown

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for kids!, 10 Mar. 2010
I bought this for my daughter who is 9. She has been asking for it since Christmas as all her friends at school have got it. She has been totally engrossed in it since it arrived and loves taking it to school with her. My daughter is an avid reader but I would say that this would be a great buy for any child who isn't keen to read as the pictures will encourage them to read about the records and it's a book they can share with their friends.