Profile for Suzanne Millar > Reviews

Content by Suzanne Millar

Suzanne Millar

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, mystery thriller, 27 Jan. 2014
One of the first books I ordered for my kindle, yet it took me a while to get round to reading it. However, when I did, I wished I'd read sooner, it was great!! I live in London so it was fun to read about places I know and have been to myself.

Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, Book 2)
Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable paranormal sequel to Jenny Pox, 27 Jan. 2014
I read this after Jenny Pox which I thoroughly enjoyed, and found it to be just as gripping, with some likeable characters. I'm not sure I'd pay almost £3 for the next one in the series, as there is at least another after that and becomes expensive.. there was enough to entertain, but I'm going to wait a while and read some other books before deciding whether to purchase Alexander Death, the next one...

History Shorts: Richard III
History Shorts: Richard III

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but to the point, interesting and insightful, 27 Jan. 2014
Great if you're interested in the former Kings of England, Richard III in History Shorts was a very good read, highly recommended. Needs re-editing though as still a few typos.

The Housemates: A Novel of Extreme Terror
The Housemates: A Novel of Extreme Terror

4.0 out of 5 stars Gory, Gruesome and Gripping story.. Big Brother and Saw combined!!, 27 Jan. 2014
I rolled my eyes as I realised this is a spin off of the SAW films, but I soon dismissed that as I became embroiled in the housemates' fight for survival... the tasks they are set are original and brutal - how much do you value your own life, how much is it worth to try and survive, whether that means another housemate must die instead.... Ian Rob Wright certainly packs a punch in this tale, it is hard-hitting and doesn't hold back on the blood, guts and gore.... would definitely recommend to horror fans.. (I read Ian Rob Wright's Sea Sick a while ago and found that to be just okay... this was a much stronger, more gripping offering... thanks Ian!!

Auschwitz: The Shocking Story & Secrets of the Holocaust Death Camp
Auschwitz: The Shocking Story & Secrets of the Holocaust Death Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars Very short book, hard hitting and emotionally charged., 27 Jan. 2014
Very good, informative book, a reminder of the sheer brutality of life at Auschwitz back in the war. Jews, the disabled, the old and the young were all murdered at this death camp and future generations need to be told of the horrors of this time in our history, and just how much those victims suffered.

Stirred with Love
Stirred with Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece of chick lit, heartwarming and moving, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Stirred with Love (Kindle Edition)
Marcie Steele's Stirred with Love is a wonderful British story, centred around a coffee shop. The story has three main characters, Kate, Chloe and Lily - all different ages with very different personalities, and each with their own backgrounds, ambitions and heartaches. They come together in this story of friendships, relationships and redemption. Readers of any age will relate to these characters, I personally empathised with Kate (possibly because she's the nearest to my own age) and was rooting for her from the first to last page. I was hoping for a bit of 'karma' to come Nick and Louise's way but I suppose the best form of revenge is success...
Not too many typos in this at all, quite refreshing as I got this when it was free so immediately braced for poor editing (cynical I know, but usually there are numerous mistakes in the freebies I read!!) - I was very pleasantly surprised with this!!
Not my typical 'genre', I usually read a lot of crime and mystery fiction or horror/thrillers, but this made for a pleasant, easy read so I have also downloaded Marcie's next book, Through with Love, which I hope will be just as good as this.

Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Ranch Book 2)
Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Ranch Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very predictable short romantic story, 16 Jan. 2014
I got this just before Christmas because it was seasonal and also because the front cover has a super cute tabby cat on.. I just found it all too cheesy and strange that the two main characters seem to pick up where they left off years before.. very quick read and easy going, something to pass the time but not really something I'd recommend or want to read again.

Case Not Closed
Case Not Closed

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good short book, well written and interesting, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Case Not Closed (Kindle Edition)
I found this really interesting and read in an hour. Good overview and some details not necessarily well-known so worth a read if you're interested in any of the cases.. pretty scary that the killers were not brought to justice and literally 'got away with murder'... would have quite liked to see some images, not necessarily of the victims (well, pre-killed perhaps) but maybe area photos or something, just to add to the impact of the stories and to give more of an idea of the setting.

Romance: High Heels in New York - Contemporary Romance (Fashion Series Book One)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this book, but needs proof reading for errors and typos, 16 Jan. 2014
I got straight into this story and enjoyed the various themes and plot lines running throughout - some reviewers found this confusing but they do seem to interlink, although I feel the next book will shed more light on some of the threads left open, and hopefully the police will catch up with Jonathan! VERY irritating errors though and quite a few of them so would suggest this being re-edited and proofed again, e.g. shear instead of sheer (loc 363), Picadilly instead of Piccadilly (loc 483), "do you want to keep taking" instead of "talking" (loc 838), starred instead of stared (also loc 838), Brittany instead of Britney (loc 1290), "Angie expected to Charles at his desk" - the word 'see' is missing (loc 1746), 'to' instead of 'too' (loc 1880), "you won't be needed any more treatment" instead of 'needing' (loc 2077) and the MOST annoying: "we understand you're frustration" - either change to 'your' or 'frustrated'!! AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I highlighted these as I went along and because of the amount of errors I have to deduct a star.... that said, I would be keen to read the next book when it's released (any ideas when this is due out??) and find out what happens next.... I just hope it has been more thoroughly edited before publishing...

The 27 Club
The 27 Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Short book but really interesting, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The 27 Club (Kindle Edition)
Excellent little book of some of the world's greatest musical talents that unfortunately died at the young age of 27. I read in one evening so a quick read but gives a good overview of the lives and lifestyles of those that have passed away too soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5