Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for sventheking > Reviews

Personal Profile

Content by sventheking
Top Reviewer Ranking: 8,763,507
Helpful Votes: 5

Learn more about Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
"sventheking"

Show:  
Page: 1
pixel
How to Win Friends and Influence People
How to Win Friends and Influence People
by Dale Carnegie
Edition: Paperback

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This make it clear that business is about communities!, 18 Sept. 2002
In support of this book, the Carnegie Foundation conducted investigations that found about 15% of financial success is due to technical knowledge and the rest (that's 85 percent!) is due to skill in human engineering..
We need far more of this kind of knowledge (think about transactional analysis for an example) taught and valued in all organisations. School tends to ignore higher level human skills because teachers can get away with simply issuing orders. In schools where democracy / free learning is implemented the performance of pupils increases!
The book is a result of Mr. Carnegie's teaching. It gives living examples of people he taught and the results of them putting these ideas into action.
It's golden rule foundation is needed more than ever and is the basis of a small number of important new books urging and presenting the evidence for the kind=more effective thesis. Top of the list for me is Unshrink by Mckeown & Whiteley which presents principles for work that can radically improve our working lives and the society we live in while keeping that profit up!
The book (Carnegies) promises from the start what it will help you do and it delivers on those promises just as it has since original publication in 1937:
1. Get out of a mental rut, think new thoughts, acquire new visions, discover new ambitions.
2. Make friends quickly and easily.
3. Increase your popularity.
4. Win people to your way of thinking.
5. Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
6. Handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
7. Become a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
8. Arouse enthusiasm amongst your associates.
It's all about people. Unfortunately too many have too few skills and too little belief that relationships (rather than knowledge or ruthlessness) are the key to value creation and growth. 100% recommendation for Dale's book and Unshrink!


Page: 1