Profile for Angus > Reviews

Content by Angus

Angus

Intex Pillow Rest Mid Rise Airbed with Built In Electric Pump (67742)
Intex Pillow Rest Mid Rise Airbed with Built In Electric Pump (67742)
Offered by Stack 'm High Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars It's COLD, 1 Feb 2014
This product is well made, and it works the way it should, but even with an underbanket it is cold to sleep on. It is OK as a sunbed but that's it.

SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out
SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out
Offered by PlusKom®

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 1 Feb 2014
For TVs with a SCART socket, this allows headphones to be used without affecting the normal speaker output. It also has a SCART socket at the back so an existing plug can still be used.

Lenovo VE71AUK Q190 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) - (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, N5902 Remote Keyboard, Blu-ray, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars a mighty midget, 16 May 2013
For the size, this is a great desktop,nearly silent in use and powerful enough for general everyday use. I am not a gamer so I can't comment on that, but for those who are, the spec will tell. My only gripe is the OS, Windows 8 is about as user friendly as an angry Rottweiler,but that's only my opinion and is no reflection on the PC it's self which I am happy to recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2013 8:04 AM BST

The Slaves of Solitude
The Slaves of Solitude

1.0 out of 5 stars I just gave up, 21 Feb 2013
I can only comment on the beginning of this book,as that is as far as I got,it gave an in-depth character study of some of the players and it reminded me of a rather dull TV play that I saw many years ago.I just couldn't get into it at all.

How to Destroy the Universe: And 34 Other Really Interesting Uses of Physics
How to Destroy the Universe: And 34 Other Really Interesting Uses of Physics

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating read, 21 Feb 2013
This book is an informative and interesting read,it covers a lot of quite complex issues and yet it is written in a way that is understandable to the layperson.

Gloria
Gloria

5.0 out of 5 stars one from way back, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gloria (MP3 Download)
A really upbeat track that I had some years ago and managed to lose somehow and it was great to get it back again

InkPad Notepad (for notes)
InkPad Notepad (for notes)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very handy little app, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: InkPad Notepad (for notes) (App)
It Will do what it says it will,simple and straightforward,no frills,but no problems either,just works.As a fee app it's a winner.

Tenda W322P 300Mbps Wireless PCI Network Interface Card
Tenda W322P 300Mbps Wireless PCI Network Interface Card
Offered by Techoffers UK

4.0 out of 5 stars It Will work!!, 30 Dec 2012
The installation CD was a waste of time, it caused XP to freeze every time I tried to load it,and I had to download the software from the net. Once that was done, the card worked like a charm,and has done so ever since, so it's 4 stars for the card and 0 stars for the software.

Logitech Harmony 700 Advanced Universal Remote - Universal remote control - infrared (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great piece of kit, 23 Mar 2011
I bought the Harmony 700 after reading most if not all of the reviews on Amazon,and I did have a concern that setup might be a bit tricky as some of the reviews had indicated, and perhaps this made me more inclined to take my time, and to read all the information available during setup which though it may take a bit more time, it made the whole process very easy, and I had all my devices working just the way I wanted on my first attempt.
Ease of use,during setup, you group certain devices together to create an activity-watch TV-listen to music-watch film etc so that with a single button press, you can have the required devices working together. There is also a sub menu called devices which gives access to the features of the individual devices that are stored should this be required, in short, using the "Harmony 700" is just as easy as using any ordinary TV remote. After the initial charge, my unit lasted about 5 weeks before needing a re-charge (this took about 3 to 4 hours)
Overall, I am very happy with the 700 and would gladly recomend it to anyone.