Profile for Michael Sleggs > Reviews

Dvd ~ James Van der Beek
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all good!, 2 Feb 2006
Hey people, I am a massive fan of the dawsons creek show and I bought all the dawsons creek dvds up to season six. I must admit I did prefer the show when it was in it's heyday, and it was all about the emotion, melodrama and romance, but saying that I think it's also good that the show has developed from the 15 year old, melodrama into tackling more adult themes. Personally my favourite season is season 4, cuz that mixed both adult themes and emotion, melodrama and romance perfectly. Now, I'm not sure how much you'll like this one, if all you dig the show for is the romance and the melodrama cuz I'll admit there seems to be a lot of this lacking. Saying that, I still think it was a noble effort to finish of the season, and the stories are just as interesting. I give it 4 stars cuz it doesn't quite fit too well with the rest of the seasons, but it remains entertaning and interesting none the less. I still think this is a must for fans like myself. And it's nice to finally complete my collection. I have to say, in my personal opinion, despite a few awesome episodes season 2 was the low point for me.. but thats just me. Anyway thats kinda irrelevent since I'm currently reviewing season 6. Anyway, if your a fan, buy it. If not check it out atleast!

Ewan McGregor And Charley Boorman - Long Way Round [Special Edition] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars So incredibly, butt-clenchingly good!!!, 31 Jan 2006
I bought this dvd with prospects of doing my own bit of traveling in my gap year next year. I'm here to tell you.. this dvd is the greatest traveling dvd ever made.. it's the best show ever made. Charley Boorman, Ewan Mcgregor and crew provide so much great entertainment with the right amount of humour and drama to keep you hooked.. after watching this.. my mind has been made up.. Ewan Mcgregor, and Charley Boorman can do no wrong! There's also other funny characters, such as Claudio who provides most of the camera work for the show. This is the best money I have ever spent on a dvd and I've bought a lot of dvds. I recently bought the Michael Palin Travel dvd boxset, which I guess is a bit more informative.. but I much much prefer Long Way Round as it is funnier, cooler, and just, well, incredible. The only thing that could make this dvd any better is if it were longer than ten hours.. not to say I felt cheated in the slightest.. just to say that it was soo much fun to watch I would love to see more.. GO BUY IT NOW!!