Profile for Emma Shawcross > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars The different perspectives made this slow and repetitive, but the story was good, 18 April 2015
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Hardcover)
Well after all the hype, I decided to read 'the girl on the train'. I bought the audiobook as I just don't get time to sit and read. It took a while to get going, and sometimes frustrating because it's written from 3 different perspectives. The deliverance was not fast paced enough to create too much suspense. I did however enjoy it. I knew the twist long before it was made obvious, which made it frustrating in the middle and when the twist finally came, it didn't deliver the suspense and it was too slow, due mainly to the constant flitting between perspectives. I felt there was rather a lot of filler, information about the characters, or scenes which didn't add to the story. So I give it a 3 out of 5.
Thank you for reading my review.

Memories and Marco
Memories and Marco

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 6 April 2015
I love a good romance and this is what this book is. It's not filled with just steamy sex and then filler, it has substance. I really like the characters and the story was really well written and thought out. I recommend this book.

Haunter
Haunter
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars And now for something totally different., 3 April 2015
This review is from: Haunter (Amazon Instant Video)
At last, something different that is intelligent, well shot and well acted. I really enjoyed this film and the interesting twisted plot line. It is something different to the same old horror they keep throwing out recently. Really is one to watch.

Autoleads FP-17-01 Car Audio Single DIN Facia Adaptor for Volkswagen Beetle Basic - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 April 2015
Fits my 2001 Beetle perfectly. Well made and looks great.

Forsaken: Book One of the Shadow Cove Saga
Forsaken: Book One of the Shadow Cove Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 14 Mar. 2015
Brilliant book. I'm a reluctant fiction reader, I find fiction hard work most of the time. Too many holes in plot lines, too many characters, too much filler and I just get bored and stop reading them. This book however was not any of those. It was interesting, creepy and kept me reading. I needed to know what happened next. Very few books have managed to pull that off for me, so I am thrilled. The characters are interesting and credible, the storyline was very good and it just keeps building up suspense. I highly recommend this.

Diggy
Diggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun book, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Diggy (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant for little people who love diggers. My little boy loves this book, he loves cranes, lorries, diggers etc so is perfect for him.

Annabelle [DVD] [2014]
Annabelle [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Ward Horton

1.0 out of 5 stars They had it coming to them., 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Annabelle [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Oh dear, the things they could have done but didn't, it makes me sad.
The best bit of the film is the end titles and the bit where a Priest comes to help out the family and is like 'possessed dolls, yeah I know all about them. I see them all the time. In fact, I saw 4 this week' (not an actual quote from the film). It is dull dull dull. The doll just sits there, does nothing. So if you were expecting a Child's Play/Puppet Master type sinario, I'm sorry to dissapoint you.
The storyline is flawed for a start. Some random woman collects dolls and then this awful creepy Annabelle is bought for her is over the moon. Erm, I don't think I could name one person who would be happy to get this ugly doll. Her husband clearly hates her. Then strange things start to happen (as in oh no, not another regurgitated horror storyline we have all seen hundreds of times before). The husband, bright spark he is because it's blatantly obvious it's the doll, puts the doll in the bin. End of story? Well it should have been, bit it isn't because the wife gets it out of the bin, and wait for it, puts it back in the nursery with her baby!!!! That has got to be a reason for Social Work intervention.
Things get worse, the doll still just sits there and, well, she had it coming to her. In short I was routing for the doll in this one. The woman is beyond annoying and a bit of a drip, the husband is weak and it's his first this started in the first place. The only victim here is the baby, who needs to be removed to parents who are not so dumb.
Another hour of my life I won't get back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 4:29 PM GMT

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Mar. 2015
Brilliant, very accurate and easy to read.

OXO Good Grips Compact Dustpan & Brush Set
OXO Good Grips Compact Dustpan & Brush Set
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Mar. 2015
Nice and small, clips together.

Technic Eye Shadows, Nudes