Profile for Grant Womack > Reviews

Content by Grant Womack

Grant Womack

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal Winter treat, 5 Jan 2013
This has a nice peppermint flavour without tasting artificial. I primarily use this in hot chocolate and it's fantastic! Perfect for a cold winter's day! Another great use I've found for it is flavouring home-made chocolate chip ice cream.
I have also tried the Green Mint syrup and it tasted very similar to creme de menthe/mouthwash. But there's none of that here.

Caffe Roma Royale Coffee Beans (1kg)
Caffe Roma Royale Coffee Beans (1kg)
Offered by nextdaycoffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, 12 Dec 2011
I was instantly impressed with these beans. These look more like a dark roast and have a lovely sheen in their appearance. Full of rich-bodied aroma and an absolutely lovely flavour when brewed. I've tried these in cafetiere and espresso machine and both produced fantastic results, with none of the tang that some coffees can produce - especially surprising given the 80%/20% arabica/robusta blend.
This coffee is great value given the quality! I'll definitely be buying it again.

Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg
Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough, 18 Sep 2011
The product details didn't list the strength of this coffee, but it is medium. I had hoped it would be strong enough for my morning espresso, but it is really only good enough for filter or caffetiere. That said, the flavour is good and very smooth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2011 5:46 PM BST

Sagaform 0001095 Wine Carafe with Oak Stopper
Sagaform 0001095 Wine Carafe with Oak Stopper
Offered by Red Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your wine breathe, 19 May 2011
I got one of these for my birthday this year and I have to say I'm won over. It (probably) fits two full bottles of wine, which makes it particularly useful for dinner parties and any leftover wine can be easily kept until needed.
I feel a lot of cheapish wines taste better when they are allowed to breathe/rest for 24 hours before drinking, and this is something made easy with this decanter. The oak stopper is a nice feature that many decanters/carafes don't have. I was initially concerned about the wood being stained by the wine but I certainly haven't noticed anything.
It is well-balanced and feels very stable and easy to pour. Very few drips of wine run down the outside after pouring, never enough to reach the table.
It can be a bit tricky to clean (not dishwasher friendly; can't fit my hand inside) but when washing out with warm water and soap, there there is never any residue/wine left inside.