Profile for Manon Stemmer > Reviews

Content by Manon Stemmer

Manon Stemmer "manonstemmer" (Bromley, Kent)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Kids Unisex Boys&Girls Olaf Frozen Reindeer Knitted Christmas Xmas Sweater Jumper Top3-14years (9 To 10 years, Red Reindeer Kids Jumper)
Offered by Uptown Girl Fashion

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful but be careful unpacking it, 3 Nov 2014
I ordered it for my daughter's Christmas play and for this it is totally sufficient.

I think it is on the small side, she wears 8-9 in M&S School uniform and the 9-10 jumper I ordered just fits but has no room to grow.

It is nice and thick and will keep warm.

But: it is shoddily made, lots of loose threads so I need to check carefully that no seems are opening. It also came just in a plastic envelop, tightly packed with no further packaging and no invoice. If I hadn't seen a thread coming out of the badly taped opening I wouldn't have been so careful opening it. It would have been easy to cut to deep when using scissors to open the package.

Romantic Reads 6-Pack
Romantic Reads 6-Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 3 Nov 2014
I normally do not give up on a set after one book but couldn't really read anymore. These are very short stories and the writing style is awful. I expected a bit more after the good reviews so far.

Not worth the money and deleted from my Kindle

By Winter's Light: A Cynster Novel (The Cynster Novels)
By Winter's Light: A Cynster Novel (The Cynster Novels)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good have been better, 31 Oct 2014
I had higher hopes for this book. I found her books of the last two years lacking what I come to love since I started reading her novels. Luckily the last of the Sister series, Mary Cynster, and the Loving Rose book convinced me to give her another try,

I can understand the purpose of this book but it feels like two short novels mixed together. The part of the younger generation is good but the story about the tutor and governess really lacks. It feels shallow and rushed. It should have been a story in its own with more background and more sex. I admit her love scenes are one of the reasons I like her.

I hope Lucilla's story will be more like her old style. I actually got one of my favourite novels out after finishing this one to remember myself why I still buy her books.

Royal Rebel
Royal Rebel

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't think too much about historic accuracy, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: Royal Rebel (Kindle Edition)
It is a light read, fairly predictable with a twist to the well known story. I read it in a day and will re-read it. But, I think a bit more accurate historical details wouldn't be bad. If you believe what this books tells you about Richard the lion hart you will believe a lot of nonsense. Entertaining nonsense but nevertheless.

I won't say too much as it would spoil the story.

Sofia the First Styling Head
Sofia the First Styling Head
Offered by Lackenstrand Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars The brush provided is a useless piece of plastic, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sofia the First Styling Head (Toy)
My daughter received this as a birthday present.

First, the hair is very different, a lot shorter and with layers, quite difficult to try to braid or make a bun.

Secondly, it was matted and took me around 1/2 hour of careful combing with a normal brush to get it decent. The brush provided is a useless piece of plastic.

Not worth the steep price, I actually thought I faint when I looked it up, it looks like something worth half of it.

Tempted by His Touch: A Limited Edition Boxed Set of Dukes, Rogues, & Alpha Heroes Historical Romance Novels

3.0 out of 5 stars A mix of books with various qualities, 9 Sep 2014
I got the box set for my holidays and found some of the books quite a good read and some a total miss. I read a lot of historic romance novels but I doubt that I would re-read the majority of these books nor did they encourage me to buy additional books from the authors.

Good were:

A Dangerous Invitation

Personalised - Horse - Large Cotton Drawstring Storage Bag - PE Kit
Personalised - Horse - Large Cotton Drawstring Storage Bag - PE Kit
Offered by The Cotton Bag Store

2.0 out of 5 stars I am very disappointed paying quite a high price for this bag, 26 July 2014
I bought this as a PE bag for my daughter going into Year 3. It came fast and the print was correct. Unfortunately I think this is all I can say positive about the bag.

The bag is very thin and also is the drawstring. I doubt it will survive the first half term as the bag will be opened and closed 2-3x a week. The colour is not white but an unbleached cotton, very unlike the picture on the website.

I am very disappointed paying quite a high price for this bag.

The Curious Case of Lady Latimer's Shoes: A Casebook of Barnaby Adair Novel
The Curious Case of Lady Latimer's Shoes: A Casebook of Barnaby Adair Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but nothing special and far too pricey, 18 Jun 2014
I really like SL when I discovered her books 3 years ago and worked myself up through the Cynsters, the associated ones, the Bastion Club, the Bride-Series, the sister/cousin books and now the Casebooks.

I personally find her standards slipping and think she should retire and starts fresh.

It is a very tame crime story and no romance or even the slightest sex scene which, for me, are part of the books and why I like them. Like the two Casebooks before (Montague and the Diamond one) it feels the story could have been over in half the pages.

Even for a Kindle edition it was very pricey as well.

Anne of Green Gables (Young Reading 3)
Anne of Green Gables (Young Reading 3)
by Mary Sebag-Montefiore

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to a classic, 20 May 2014
I have the original version but my daughter finds it too hard to even listen to it and she normally has quite a patience for books. So in order to get her away from Fairies and Unicorns we got her several of the Usborne books and they are a great hit. Very good quality, lovely pictures and easy to read texts for a 7 year old.

BrainBox - On The Go Paris
BrainBox - On The Go Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and more interesting than a children's guidebook, 20 May 2014
This review is from: BrainBox - On The Go Paris (Toy)
We bought this in preparation for a visit to Paris with our 7 year old daughter. She can't get enough of it.

We give her twice the time as it is quite a lot to take in, the questions on the back of the card are tricky but it keeps it interesting.

She already asked for more of these.

I think 8+ is a conservative recommendation, it depends how good a child can read and concentrate.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6