Profile for Jimbo > Reviews

Content by Jimbo

Jimbo (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Eat Your World's New Orleans Food & Travel Guide
Eat Your World's New Orleans Food & Travel Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars let your belly be your guide, 9 Mar. 2014
This wee book has given me some fantastic ideas for my trip to NOLA next week. The bars, music & dinner are all well and good but you've got to have breakfast/lunch too right?

The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club
The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club

4.0 out of 5 stars very amusing, 8 Mar. 2014
Murder & mystery in Savannah. What a fun little story. It is totally outrageous but told in a very believable way.

CAT Footwear Men's Bryant Kaffe/Bittersweet Lace Up Boot P715352 12 UK, 46 EU
CAT Footwear Men's Bryant Kaffe/Bittersweet Lace Up Boot P715352 12 UK, 46 EU
Offered by Schuhmode-Weeger

1.0 out of 5 stars CAT have really let me down, 27 Feb. 2014
Supplier = excellent (the shoes arrived promptly)
Outer design = beautiful like most CAT shoes

However, I have been having trouble finding shoes the past couple of years due to the fact that most suppliers seem to be using cheap insole inserts rather than having a properly padded/stitched/permanent insole. I can't see why this is considered a viable design choice. I realise it has got to be cheaper for them but these sort of insoles tend to move/come out after one or two wears. I can't be the only person who has this issue???

I've been wearing Karimoor for a few years (due to being a convenient comfortable shoe from a local cheap supplier) but recently they have gone the same way so I decided to go back to CAT with this order for some quality. I am sorely disappointed they have opted for the same cheap design.

These shoes are going straight back without even going anywhere near my feet!

Can anyone recommend a comfortable walking shoe/boot with a permanent insole like in the good old days?

New Orleans Travel Guide: Miss Passport City Guides Presents Mini 3 Day Unforgettable Vacation Itinerary to New Orleans  (3-Day Budget Itinerary): New ... Guide (Miss Passport Travel Guides Book 15)
New Orleans Travel Guide: Miss Passport City Guides Presents Mini 3 Day Unforgettable Vacation Itinerary to New Orleans (3-Day Budget Itinerary): New ... Guide (Miss Passport Travel Guides Book 15)

1.0 out of 5 stars er?, 8 Jan. 2014
This is supposed to be New Orleans from the cover but it's Nashville. What a load of old rubbish! CON! 0 stars if it would let me.

Keeping the Dead: (Rizzoli & Isles series 7)
Keeping the Dead: (Rizzoli & Isles series 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars twisty, 7 Jan. 2014
Not the best in the series but still very hard to put down. More good but warped stuff from Tess!

The Mephisto Club: (Rizzoli & Isles series 6)
The Mephisto Club: (Rizzoli & Isles series 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff!, 5 Jan. 2014
Zealotry locking horns with Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles. I know who I'd bet on. Not as good as Vanish but another great story on a grand scale.

Panasonic SC-BTT400EBK Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc 5.1 Home Cinema System
Panasonic SC-BTT400EBK Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc 5.1 Home Cinema System

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, 23 Oct. 2013
Easy set-up/multi-region DVD playback/great sound....

1 out of 3 ain't that great.

I ordered this as a gift for the family based on these three premises so I'm quite annoyed!

Easy set-up : If your router is in you living room close to your TV. Otherwise you apparently need to buy a separate wireless dongle.
Multi-region DVD playback. Nope.
Sound: Okay this bit is quite good.

It's not just the amazon reviews misrepresenting this system so beware!

I'm sure I'll get it all sorted when I'm home at Xmas but a complete LEMON out of the box if you are looking for simplicity.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 2:11 PM GMT

Foolers' Gold
Foolers' Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Foolers' Gold (MP3 Download)
What a great album! I've been bouncing along for days. :)

It's a bit more modern & soulful but no less classic for it.

There is a bit more experimenting in places which is arguably not always 100% successfu compared with the source materiall but that sort of playfulness is a bonus for me hence the 5 stars.

I also reall love the exuberant joy of "I Believe In Music". It certain gets me singing along!

Well done to Meschiya & the 'Horns!

The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas film ever!, 15 Nov. 2012
I never get tired of watching this magical film.

It's not 100% faithful to the story (e.g. 2 Marley brothers) although if you are a purist I hope you aren't expecting a Muppet movie to satisfy you... That being said, it respects the story & the mischevious Muppets & amazing songs add a new dimension that even surpasses the other musical version (Scrooge).

All the reviews about the "cut" song are misleading. It was never in the theatrical release because it was considered too slow for the pace of the film i.e. this was apparently how Brian Henson intended it to be watched and therefore by definition it is not "cut". I've heard the song on the soundtrack album and while it is quite nice it seems out of place there so I can only surmise it's out of place in the film too.

Also [...]
"Personally, I don't find this a very big deal. The widescreen version preserves the theatrical cut, which did not contain the out-of-place and undeniably slow song"

As such, I'd recommend people who haven't watched either version don't get put off by the people bemoaning the "loss" of the song and watch it as the director intended.

For those who want the song though the US version of the Kermits 50th Anniversary edition apparently contains both versions although the one with the song is apparently full screen and not great quality. However, it might be worth tracking down to replace your VHS if you can get hold of it & can't live without the song which I'm beginning to think should never have been readded to the original "home release" as it seems it is spoiling the "true" version of the film for you all :-/. WARNING: The UK version of the 50th anniversary release (which I own as it was the release available when I eventually bought a copy for myself) does NOT contain both versions & IMDB [...]

"The musical sequence "The Love is Gone" is missing from the UK DVD versions of the film."

This means you'll need to track down a US version because it's also not included in the blu-ray release.

Maybe the song will appear again in a fully remastered offical "directors cut" at some point for you all but I wouldn't hold my breath & if you haven't seen it, I really don't think you'll be disappointed by the theatrical version :).

Snugg iPhone 5 / 5S Leather Case in 'Distressed' Brown - Pouch with Card Slot, Elastic Pull Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for the Apple iPhone 5 / 5S
Offered by TheSnugg

3.0 out of 5 stars It's probably Apple's fault..., 25 Sept. 2012
I agree that this case is the dictionary definition of "snug". Talk about tight! It looks and feels great though and will do a good job of protecting your new baby.

However, the main thing stopping this case getting 5 stars is the fact that the headphone socket on the new phone is on the bottom by the charger, not at the top by the power button so you have to put the phone in upside down if you want to walk & listen to anything. It's probably a small issue as the phone fits both ways but it's a definite lack/oversight in the case design & it feels weird pushing it in upside down. I blame Apple for "fixing" what wasn't broken.

Be warned anyone buying any top loading case on the market!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 8:01 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2