Profile for Amber > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Tigi - BED HEAD SUPERSTAR conditioner - 200 ml
Tigi - BED HEAD SUPERSTAR conditioner - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent results and lasts forever, 5 Feb. 2014
I got this after suffering from alopecia and whilst my m was regrowing but very finely. I would never normally spend this kind of money on my hair but the conditioner combined with its sister shampoo made a significant difference. Obviously I was also very careful with my diet and took Vitabiotic's skin, hair and nail vitamin. The dual action approach worked for me. I get numerous comments on my straight brunette hair and I am not twenty one!

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge (Ladybird Souvenir)
Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge (Ladybird Souvenir)
by Fiona Munro

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic Ladybrid book, 9 Aug. 2013
I bought this for my five year old god daughter who 'loves' the Duchess of Cambridge and this is very similiar to the Ladybird books I remember from my childhood. Well written for children and quality photgraphs.

A Classic

Kate: The Biography
Kate: The Biography
by Marcia Moody

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, written by a 'Hello' Journalist and it shows, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Kate: The Biography (Hardcover)
I have absolutely no problem with the Duchess of Cambridge and read this as her staff have been immensley kind in sending one of my god children letters etc.

The author is as far as I can recall a Hello Journalist and that is very much the style in which this book is written. Which is not a criticisim just my opinion. Nothing new in the prose and indeed a few contradictions with other authors but not even a photograph that I haven't seen before. The five year old god daughter makes me see every photograph, read every item she finds in the paper.

A nice book but not especially interesting for anyone who reads the newspapers, magazines etc in the UK
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 4:19 PM BST

Frances: The Remarkable Story of Princess Diana's Mother
Frances: The Remarkable Story of Princess Diana's Mother
by Max Riddington

3.0 out of 5 stars None objective but interesting nonetheless.., 6 Jun. 2013
An interesting book bought for a family member who passed it on to myself. At least one of the authors appears to have been on friendly terms with HRH The Princess of Wales (R.I.P) mother, (R.I.P) and this comes out clearly in this book.

Nonetheless it is an interesting read and puts another side to the much told tale/s of both women's lives. I am a bit surprised it isn't a better known book.

Diana on the Edge: Inside the Mind of the Princess of Wales (Diana Princess of Wales)
by Chris Hutchins

1.0 out of 5 stars This books leaves a natsy after taste, in my humble opinion., 20 May 2013
Some of the captions underneath the photgraphs in this book are, even if Diana (R.I.P) were with us today, rather in my opinion nasty.

I am no royalist but I am a tad amazed no one was sued.

The experts include Mary Spillane who I believe founded 'Colour Me Beautiful'. Claire Rayner (R.I.P) ex-nurse and agony aunt whom and I could be wrong, never met Diana.

Crocs Classic, Unisex Adults' Clogs, Black (Black), 8 UK (41/42 EU)
Crocs Classic, Unisex Adults' Clogs, Black (Black), 8 UK (41/42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me or are these very generous size and width wise?, 20 May 2013
They are however immensly comfortable and easy to get on and off which with a broken wrist at the moment is a blessing.

Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe
Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe
by Angela Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Very light reading but gorgeous photographs., 23 Mar. 2013
There is very little to read in this book and what is there is interesting but its main USP are the photographs. I bought this for a five year old god-daughter who was fascinated by the Golden Jubillee. If it was for me I would have borrowed from the Library rather than bought.

Dune Women's Argy Black/White 8 UK
Dune Women's Argy Black/White 8 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous shoe but after being worn for a few hours needed repai, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Dune Women's Argy (Apparel)
These are gorgeous shoes and fit well but I wore them once for a few hours and had to get a £15 repair on them as the heels where in bits and spare heels provided would not go in. Not a great investement or advertisement for Dune

365 Days To A Prayer Filled Life
365 Days To A Prayer Filled Life
by COPELAND GERMAINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent daily devotional., 23 Oct. 2012
Excellent daily devotional from the Author of The 'Prayers that avail much' series. However this one, unlike some of the other individual 'Prayers that avail much' books does not include the came prayers.

William & Catherine: Their Lives, Their Wedding
William & Catherine: Their Lives, Their Wedding
by Andrew Morton

4.0 out of 5 stars Much loved by goddaughter who is a Kate fan, 18 Jun. 2012
If you have been living in England or indeed on planet earth over the last eight or so years and read the daily newspapers I am not sure how much if anything new you will learn however it was a big hit, if only for the photographs by my my four year old goddaughter.

The fact that it is now remaineded in clearance shops may be an indiciator that those buying it were expecting the usual Royal revelations from this author were a bit disappointed.

Lovely photographs and good quality images throughout

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7