Profile for BookHunter > Reviews

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of Fresh Air, 19 Nov. 2014
Some great episodes (Time Heist, Listen, Flatline) and a spirited interpretation of the Doctor. I alwasy enjoy the more alien versions of the Doctor and found Capaldi's complex and (when teamed with Clara) hillarious.

I admit it- I like banter (especially inside properly sci-fi concept-focussed episodes like Flatline).

Downsides- the tree episode wasn't great & the finale had too many holes (one thing happening after the next & not all making sense).

I haven't bothered to buy seasons for a couple of years now, despite liking Matt Smith, but I've bought this and really look foward to season nine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 11:24 PM GMT

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries Series 2 [DVD] [2013]
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries Series 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Essie Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Second series even better than the first- sign the petition and get it renewed for a third!, 3 Mar. 2014
I continue to enjoy the lively characters and fascinating mysteries offered by this show. I live in the UK and only heard of this Australian show through a friend, but the characters are easy to like and the show puts in a lot more effort than many other shows bother nowadays.

At the moment season three is hanging in the balance and probably wont be greenlit. If you enjoy the show please sign the petition at Change.org
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 5:35 AM GMT

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Series One [DVD]
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Series One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Essie Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series- sign the petion and save the series!, 3 Mar. 2014
Funny, lively show with an interesting mystery each week.
Characters are interesting and clearly individually designed.

PattyBoutik Strips Crew Neck Long Sleeve Jumper Knit Tops
PattyBoutik Strips Crew Neck Long Sleeve Jumper Knit Tops

5.0 out of 5 stars Flattering fit, 3 Feb. 2012
This top fitted just how the picture shows and is well worth the low price.

Sizing- I'm a 12 and I ordered the 12 to 14 which fitted exactly right. It might have been slightly tight if I was a 14.

I hadn't heard of Patty before i bouhgt this and another top but I'll buy from them again- not least because they sent me th items in crate paper with ribbon around it! I felt quite special unwrapping it.

Best Loved Classics Vol 2
Best Loved Classics Vol 2

5.0 out of 5 stars very familiar pieces- great collection, 3 Oct. 2010
I bought this to get more into classical music and it was a great choice. Looking at the names, I wasn't sure I'd like these but, having tried them, at least half the twelve tracks were very familiar.

The disk includes Handle, Mozart, Strauss, Verdi and Wagner.

My favourite was Ride of the Valkyries, which brought back strong memories from Apocalypse Now.

Edexcel A2 Drama and Theatre Studies Student Book
Edexcel A2 Drama and Theatre Studies Student Book
by Carolyn Carnaghan

4.0 out of 5 stars most info I needed, 29 July 2010
The book features a reasonable amount of detail about the time periods of the possible plays seen. Most areas are covered and the sections are clearly laid out.

The book would have benefited from more info on what examiners are looking for in upper-band marks, example answers and grade boundaries.

Would recommend buying this in combination with the free sample question papers (inc, grade breakdowns but not example answers) from the EdExcel website.