Profile for AkeyFruitbat > Reviews

AkeyFruitbat

Philips SHE5105PP/10 CitiScape ST Germain In-Ear Headphones - Purple
Philips SHE5105PP/10 CitiScape ST Germain In-Ear Headphones - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars sound great but..., 3 Aug 2012
I needed a pair of headphones with a mic at a reasonable price and these seem to fit the bill. They are a little garish in purple but I don't personally have an issue with that.
They seem to be a reasonalbly well constructed IEM although you only get the standard 3 sizes of ear bud which may not fit everyone. I replaced mine with sennheiser ones so they now fit perfectly and stay in my ears. The cable is long and flat and has a strange split cable tidy which is a bit of a gimick in my opinion. They could really do with a cable clothes clip as the cable rubbing can get a little annoying. The magnets in the back of the drive units clamps the 2 headphones together to keep things tidy and they seem to work pretty well(there is no case supplied with these 'phones)
As for the sound quality, they are not the last word in finese but they do a pretty good job overall. They are not an audiophiles dream by any stretch but there is some reasonable imaging going on and the vocals seem to be well projected without being harsh. The treble is a little subdued but it is detailed enough for me as I don't get on with overly bright headphones.
There is enough bass for most people but it is not the cleanest and gets a little messy.
The packaging states they offer a clear neutral sound I think is a little off the mark but they are far more musical than Beats headphones but without the skull shattering bass!
Overall I was pleasantly surprised with these headphones. If you want a cheapish set with a mic then take a look.

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Privacy - iPod Touch 2nd Generation / 3rd Generation (1 x Screen Protector)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb product from Phone Devil, 8 Feb 2012
I have ordered a number of different screen protectors from Phone Devil over the years and have never had any cause for complaint. Their privacy edition screen protector is the best I have used by a country mile. It installs perfectly with no bubbles and it seems to resist scratches with ease.
If I had one complaint, they don't make screen protectors for every device I have!
Thank you once again for a wonderful product, very fast delivery and a customer service that puts the rest to shame. And my kids love the sweets too, thank you!

Sennheiser CX 6 Travel High-End Noise-Isolation Ear-Canal Phones
Sennheiser CX 6 Travel High-End Noise-Isolation Ear-Canal Phones

3.0 out of 5 stars A great IEM but has too many flaws, 2 Feb 2012
I initially was going to go for the Sennheiser IE6 but as it was an open backed design and I use headphones mainly when travelling I thought I would take a gamble on the closed back version, the CX6. My concern was the reviews were very hit and miss.
My main problem with them was getting them to fit correctly, which is essential if you are going to get the best out of these IEM's. I tried every plug supplied but they just would not stay in and give a good seal. As a result I found that the sound had no bass, the mids were overly emphasized and the top end was either shrill or missing. Even the earphones Apple supply as standard sounded better.
So I decided to get some Comply T-400's to see if it would help.

It is early days but so far the difference is phenomenal. They actually sound like a quality IEM, well balanced sound, controlled highs and thumping but not ear shattering bass. Vocals are well presented and the soundstage is not overly huge but I feel after some burn in, these will a very capable IEM.

My only other gripe is the cable. It is not the thickest to start with and I have some concerns over robustness. I also find that, unless you use the ear guides with the cable, they just flap about and fall over the ears which is pretty annoying.

All in all, the sound quality is very good only as long as you can get them to fit properly. I just find it pretty poor that you need to pay out nearly another 20 to get them to perform as they should.