Profile for Rob Edwards > Reviews

LEGO DUPLO 2304: Green Baseplate
LEGO DUPLO 2304: Green Baseplate
Offered by Toybroker-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars LEGO = Overpriced and overrated, 11 Mar. 2014
People should not be paying so much for so little.

I consider LEGO utterly overrated by now, but considering how popular it is and how much it sells, they DO NOT need to have kept raising the price all these years. It's unbelievable. More so that people can even afford it!

LEGO DUPLO 5506: Large Brick Box
LEGO DUPLO 5506: Large Brick Box

1.0 out of 5 stars LEGO = Ridiculously overpriced plastic, 11 Mar. 2014
People should not be paying so much for so little.

I Get Wet
I Get Wet

2.0 out of 5 stars Might as well have been the one song, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: I Get Wet (Audio CD)
I tried this CD because I fell utterly in love with Ready To Die. A unique track- stifled by a mess of sound, though being Heavy Metal/Rock music is the nature of the beast. Sound quality is unassured.

Anyways, trying the whole mash, I found them all the be at that level of 'not identical, but close enough'- in regards to the fact that all the tracks could be mistaken (metaphorically speaking) as that of twins (only a few more of them).

There isn't enough enjoyment for me out of all of them to be able to tell them apart. Which coming full circle, highlights the problem.

KitSound Enduro Water Resistant Sports Earhook Earphones - Yellow
KitSound Enduro Water Resistant Sports Earhook Earphones - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Broad Bass. Low Treble. However, good quality and comfort., 11 Mar. 2014
The one word that comes to mind when using these headphones- and indeed the best way to describe the sound is 'Broad', simply. The bass at times may overwhelm the treble, I assume it varies on what they get plugged into.

For £15 (and the 3 months getting here), I still feel I could have found better- However, it's always a bit of a gamble, especially in audio control.

I recommend these over any s*** you find hung up in your local supermarket (JVC and Sony, you know it), as they satisfy my everyday runs to a certain degree. They fit, they're comfy, and they especially STICK. The overhang does its job.

Is it really so difficult to get a decent blend of Treble and Bass?

Tested on iPod Nano 6th Gen.

Puzzle Adventure Omnibus: v. 2 (Usborne Puzzle Adventures)
Puzzle Adventure Omnibus: v. 2 (Usborne Puzzle Adventures)
by Martin Oliver

4.0 out of 5 stars Classics; Brilliantly detailed and a mix of brain-teasers, 11 Mar. 2014
Thoroughly and perfectly spaced out artwork, fun plots, and some really memorable challenges. The style of it all reminds me of Tin Tin.

My only gripe against this wonderful series is the difficulty I have admittedly had in trying them properly this time around (against being a child and revelling in the artwork alone).

For a vast majority of the puzzles and challenges, I had to flick back and forth to the hints and even the answers to give me the much-needed context to support my understanding of what needed to be solved and how.

Example: Finding the best way to cross a bridge by viewing the 10 individual images and picking out the correct (in this case, least moronic) methods for doing so. The problem in solving this particular challenge was realising that the images were as a sequence of left-or-right (figuratively not literally) paths to take- Whereas, my initial belief was that the 10 pictures just shown together were to have the right answers picked from, not as a progessive choice puzzle.

Sony Bravia KDL-32U4000 HD Ready LCD with Freeview
Sony Bravia KDL-32U4000 HD Ready LCD with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars No errors, failures or problems 6 years on, 22 Jan. 2014
Had mine since January 2008.

Very reliable; no dead pixels, noticeable picture degradation or other such performance issues.

I have never needed to replace it, or get it fixed- Although, by choice, 2 years ago I had opened it up to clean up the speakers. Undid a few screws, and all that was needed was to give it a quick and easy vacuuming. Dust irrigation had the bass sounding clear and less fuzzy again.

The price has stayed the same after so long, but for a product that in this case, has never had any problems (compared to the common risks observed in other TVs, HD LCD or other), I would say it's a pretty good deal. So long as the user looks after it!

I recommend checking out the full specifications on the Sony website (Google this model!) for more details!

Where Is My Mind? (Remastered)
Where Is My Mind? (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Obligatory 'Fight Club' reference, 19 Nov. 2013
This track was near-perfect at the end of the film. Somehow hits very hard- unlike the other music from Pixies of which I have tried, but failed to find enjoyment in.

We associate meaning and provoke emotion and deeper thought through moments when tunes like this are used. For an impactful film like 'Fight Club', it left a deep hole in the head that could never truly be filled. Where is my Mind? Find meaning to the lyrics and decide where it takes you...

Doncamatic (feat. Daley)
Doncamatic (feat. Daley)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great tune, 19 Nov. 2013
Music from people who care for experimentation and being diversive. A jive, innovative, thouroughly enjoyable tune to the nth degree!

The Girl in Byakkoya
The Girl in Byakkoya

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful electronica, 12 Nov. 2013
It is strange at first, but it quickly grows on you. Somehow, a really, truly brilliant track.

Definitely recommend the film, too! Paprika!

Rayman Origins (Xbox 360)
Rayman Origins (Xbox 360)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game- sadly, one of almost zero choices for kids on the Xbox 360 (in the context of Disc-based games), 12 Nov. 2013
The art is brilliantly creative and fun in the design. Would likely appeal to anyone who enjoys vibrant, cartoon-style visuals.

Great gameplay, easy for anyone to play. My young nephew managed the controls very quickly, and the level of difficulty varies based on if you try to collect and complete everything. Just getting through each level is simple and fun as the gameplay mechanics stay fresh throughout.

A really fitting soundtrack too, fits the theme of each world perfectly, and being able to detect instruments (based on the prominence of each) is always a nice touch!

Cannot recommend enough, especially considering the praise it never got back when it was released, it's deserving of even a watch through.

Page: 1 | 2