Profile for M. Radulescu > Reviews

Content by M. Radulescu

M. Radulescu "Roxana" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Lady Chatterley's Lover (The Unexpurgated Edition)
Lady Chatterley's Lover (The Unexpurgated Edition)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, what do you expect?, 8 April 2013
I guess it had to be read sooner or later. You won't be picking it up because of a review, will you?

Reforming the Unreformable
Reforming the Unreformable
Price: 10.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful if you need to know about Nigeria., 8 April 2013
A good review of the reform process coming from an insider. It could have been much better edited thoug, it reads more like a first draft.

Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby's Brain
Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby's Brain
Price: 6.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 April 2013
I ended up learning a few things about myself as well as picking up essential tips about attachment in children. I found some of the explanations about the link between low/high cortisol and certain behaviours confusing and I wish there were more examples and practical advice. Read in combination with Brain Rules it made more sense.

Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 8 April 2013
I loved reading it. Full of practical advice and examples, it cuts down to the essentials of raising a child.

Hunter Unisex-Adult Hunter Original Gloss Pillar Box Red Wellington Boot W23616 5 UK
Offered by Farm Toys
Price: 65.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected a bit better, 31 Jan 2013
They look good but they are rather tight around my calves, although the foot is comfortable. I'm a UK size 10 so I didn't expect this. I can wear them with tights but can't tuck my jeans in. And it takes a while to get them off. I'll go for chippies next year, the old boots from Next at a fraction of the price were more comfortable but after about 10 years water was getting in. Worth taking the risk though.

Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg
Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1 kg
Offered by Eurocoffee
Price: 11.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent brew, 31 Jan 2013
The quality is decent and very good value. If you drink lots of coffee like we do it is a very good idea.

Seventeen Equations that Changed the World
Seventeen Equations that Changed the World
Price: 4.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting read, 2 Jan 2013
It is not for the faint hearted though. You have to have an interest in maths to start with otherwise you get completely lost. Some of the explanations could be clearer as well, for example when the author talks about 'solving' the equations, he usually forgets to tell us for what. As someone who has solved equations before but is not familiar with many of the physics equations, it would make my life a lot easier if I knew. But worth reading nevertheless, it shows how maths underpins everthing that surrounds us, useful lesson to remember when your child struggles with the subject.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 27 Nov 2012
Well, how can I rate Thomas Hardy? It would be ridiculous. A classic of course, worth reading. And it is for free.

Europe: A History
Europe: A History
by Norman Davies
Price: 47.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth having as a reference book, 26 Aug 2010
This review is from: Europe: A History (Hardcover)
I bought the book in preparation for my European cruise through several countries. And I had to leave it at home because it weighs almost 2 kilos. :) I picked it up again on my return and although I can't say I read it from cover to cover I think it is a reference book that any traveller to Europe can be proud to have.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 2:31 PM BST

White Christmas/The Little Prince/Scrooge [DVD] [1954]
White Christmas/The Little Prince/Scrooge [DVD] [1954]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby
Offered by rockaway-records
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good service, 4 Jan 2010
The package arrived quickly and appears to be in good condition. It was given as a Christmas gift so I didn't take the DVDs out.

Page: 1 | 2