Profile for grandmasandra2010 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Real Lark Rise to Candleford: Life in the Victorian Countryside
The Real Lark Rise to Candleford: Life in the Victorian Countryside
by Pamela Horn

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful insight into my ancestors daily lives and experiences., 13 Aug. 2014
Provided real insight into rural life, easy to read, helped greatly with my understanding of my ancestors life and experience. More Meat on the bones of Flora's excellent books. Provided some useful further references and resources.

Football Snap (Usborne Snap Cards)
Football Snap (Usborne Snap Cards)
by Paul Nicholls
Edition: Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars For older children 7+ 10 years, 16 Jan. 2014
Have played this with 5,6,7 year old grandchildren who struggled a bit at first as some of the pictures are similar.
Playing matching and pairing was imperative first and there are a lot of different scenes so this took a long time. Snap was slow but they got there eventually and it was ok. It made a change and the kids did enjoy it. Good for rainy days! Made them concentrate so they have learnt about football!

SISTER luxury photograph word frame (landscape)
SISTER luxury photograph word frame (landscape)
Offered by Personalised Names Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Really nice good quality frame., 16 Jan. 2014
I wanted this as an Xmas present for my 60 year old sister so that I could include one photo of us together for each decade, 1950s, 60s,70s,80s, 90, 00s etc. I chose a larger frame size and the older smaller photos I had needed to be scanned onto pc and enlarged, however the composition of the photos and the shape of the letter SISTER made it hard to find photos that would fit in of us side by side without decapitating heads, legs, arms, bodies! Took quite a bit of work to get the photos selected and looking good. My sister was however delighted. I think this needs to be thought through however before you purchase. I am pleased with the frame.

My First UK Money Snap
My First UK Money Snap

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: My First UK Money Snap (Toy)
Played this with my 7 year old Grandson who engaged and improved his money knowledge and skills.
We started off with pairing/matching though as there are a lot of cards showing different amounts of money in mixed words, coins etc I think this needs to be done before attempting the Snap game to ensure child becomes familiar with amounts and fully understands concept.
Very educational yet fun. Would recommended it for 6+ year olds.

Football Fever
Football Fever
by Alan Durant

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story for boys and girls., 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Football Fever (Paperback)
Well written with huge appeal to both boys and girls. My 4 & 5 year old grandchildren listened in silence and really related to the story. My 5 year old grandson already loves football and goes to football skills training. His younger sister usually gets bored watching him but after reading this book with me and other relatives she announced I can play football too Grandma. Highly recommended.

Super Super Frank [DVD] [2009]
Super Super Frank [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Frank Lampard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 16 Jan. 2014
Well it could be wouldn't it I am a CFC/Frankie fan! Bought for my 5 year old grandson who is already a keen footballer.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent well written compelling story., 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put the book down. Would interest those who really enjoy genealogy and family history.
Fantastic holiday read however I intend to read more by this author.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compelling, 16 Jan. 2014
Well told story. Thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns. Would absolutely recommend it.
Personally feel that female readers may enjoy it more than males.

The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok easy holiday read!, 16 Jan. 2014
Ok read, writing style made the book read as though written for teenagers or young adults, shame as 'something is definitely lost in translation'. However, as I have a very elderly mother I can say it was empathetic and sympathetic to the way old people are viewed and treated by the younger generation.

Learning Resources Money Bags Coin Value Game
Learning Resources Money Bags Coin Value Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's birthday present..good fun and educational, 14 Nov. 2013
Children learn well by playing board games. This is an appropriate learn the value of money/pocket money/game to play with 7 year olds.

Page: 1 | 2