Profile for dnhhawkins > Reviews

dnhhawkins

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Feb. 2014
I don't usually read this sort of novel (not even sure how I ended up buying it) but so glad I did. Just brilliant.

ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Dark Cocoa
ZOJIRUSHI Stainless steel mug 480ml Dark Cocoa
Offered by Acrossborders -Extremely Careful Packaging-

4.0 out of 5 stars Best thermos I've used, 25 Sept. 2013
This is a brilliant thermos.

But if you are in the UK you will be waiting 2+ weeks for delivery from Japan and you will get a letter from HM Customs requesting more money.

Thankfully, for me this thermos is worth it. No chance of leakage, keeps drinks HOT (6+ hours and still steaming hot), and a really satisfying button to release the lid. Funtimes.

Recommended for the serious coffee-drinking-traveller or commuter, casual users probably better off saving £30.

Onguard Bulldog Combo D-Lock 115 x 230 x 12mm Inc Cable
Onguard Bulldog Combo D-Lock 115 x 230 x 12mm Inc Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions, 5 July 2012
I received this product yesterday so haven't had the chance to really test it yet, but this seems an excellent, strong lock and a solid cable. Product arrived in perfect condition, clear instructions on how to mount the bracket to a bike & how to set the combination lock. I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived the very next day within 24 hours of ordering too. Basically I have seen nothing so far to not recommend the item or the seller. The only point I would make is that the '£500 guarantee' is in fact a $500 guarantee valid in the USA only. I'm not surprised or disappointed by this (I had read this was the case earlier) but take it as a positive sign of the quality of the lock.

Mirrorwriting
Mirrorwriting

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Mirrorwriting (MP3 Download)
Just beautiful music, frankly. Some albums take time to grow on me, some have a couple or a few good songs and the rest are ok, but this is just a whole album of great songs. I first found out about Woon from the video of Spirits on youtube - well worth watching.

Winning: The Ultimate Business How-To Book
Winning: The Ultimate Business How-To Book

5.0 out of 5 stars The first & best big-business book I've read, 8 April 2011
I borrowed this book from my local library on the recommendation of a friend. I know him as an over-focussed workaholic so was sceptical about whether I'd enjoy reading the book, or be able to get anything from it, as a recent university graduate.

I have to say that it is the most useful text I have ever read about anything. Even though I'm not yet in a position to employ any of the suggested techniques with leadership, hiring, motivating etc, the sense of perspective and understanding on what makes a business work is priceless.

I'm now so much more confident going to work knowing what the best way is to participate in meetings and discussions and how to carry myself to get promoted. Also, the section about hiring is really useful if you look at it from the other angle, i.e. what employers are looking for & what kind of a worker you should be.

I think that the book is accessible for everybody, whether you are a student, a graduate, a middle-manager or a CEO. And again, the most useful text of any length I've ever read.