Profile for Whirlyboy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Porlex Mini Mill Hand Grinder
Porlex Mini Mill Hand Grinder
Offered by FIELD JAPAN PLUS+

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good at its job for its price, but can be improved, 25 April 2014
I think 4 stars is a very good amount to give for this hand-powered grinder. All of the parts are easy to disassemble and put back together, which makes cleaning and adjustment a breeze. Everything is machined so well that parts simply slot on top of each other with a decent amount of grip. It makes short work of the beans I use, never taking any longer than 2 minutes to grind a fully loaded chamber!
I have added a rubber band around the outer burr in mine to reduce any free play that may cause grind inconsistencies. This is the first area that could be addressed in future models. Secondly, the handle simply slots over the top of the grinder without locking into place. This has not caused me problems so far but others have experienced some trouble with this. Regardless, some kind of cap or function to hold it in place would be nice.

I like how cheaply I got this compared to bigger electric burr grinders, and I love the portability of the product. It does enough for a small Moka Pot or 1 litre French Press in one grinding. If I needed a bigger capacity then I would've got a bigger grinder, but if ever necessary I'll simply do two rounds of grinds.

I can recommend this grinder to entry level coffee enthusiasts [such as myself] who do not want to splash out big on their first coffee experiences.
Buy one of these, get a second-hand French Press or Moka Pot from a charity shop, and some decent beans and see what you think! If you end up not being the coffee fan you thought you might be, hey, you haven't lost a lot!

Integral UltimaPro 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card with Adapter
Integral UltimaPro 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card with Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon selling slightly dodgy cards perhaps?, 10 Mar. 2014
Too long; didn't read: Card is good condition, but not Class 10 speeds.

So I've gotta give props to Amazon, they've handled my replacement case very well as you would expect.

However, this card is advertised as Class 10, which means you should get a speed of, AT MINIMUM, 10MB/s writing speed [and a high read speed also].
Class 10 is very important for HD Video in todays recording devices, as it means the large video files will be 'written' to the SD card very fast.
In addition, the pictorial representation of the SD card on this advert does not match what comes on the card distributed by Amazon. There is no 'Integral' or 'C10' [class 10] branding. Only the 'Micro SD', 'HC', '32GB' and 'U1' [UHS Speed Class 1] markings exist, leading me to believe these aren't quite the cards they appear to be speed wise.

I will say that the two cards I have tested [using 'f3'; a linux alternative to 'h2testw'] gave an uncorrupted and full output on the cards; no dodgy partitioning here!
My testing revealed these speeds:
Average writing speed: 6.09 MB/s
Average reading speed: 22.85 MB/s
A write speed of 6MB/s indicates a Class 6 SD Card.

Now, let me finish by saying that this is still a decent card, and it may simply be a case of the testing software not being up to scratch [I am still yet to try 'h2testw' to see if speeds differ - I will update at this point] but I have twice now got an output of 6MB/s writing.

It would benefit Amazon to check some of these cards themselves and talk to their manufacturer!

As a purchaser, be advised.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 6:27 PM BST

ICI 5092955 750ml Hammerite Metal Paint Hammered - Black
ICI 5092955 750ml Hammerite Metal Paint Hammered - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for a motorcycle. Plenty left over, 6 Mar. 2014
I chose Hammerite paint after reading mostly positive reviews and results from various motorcycle forums. I had to get something to paint my frame and a few other parts, and what I got here did the job at a fantastic price.

I bought some cheap, basically disposable brushes to slather on the paint without any issues [the paint can clog up the brush and make the bristles just one, flat 'spreader', but it works just as well]

I was able to paint the whole of the motorcycles frame, the rear fender and a few other parts and I still have about 5/8ths of a tin left.

The finish is close to what I expected visually, but I have no doubts that it will stand the rugged test of time against the elements and hey, I have more than enough to top it up!

I'm happy to answer questions on this product.

Oxford Motorcycle Motorbike Universal Tax Disc Holder Black
Oxford Motorcycle Motorbike Universal Tax Disc Holder Black
Offered by NIGHTINGALES

4.0 out of 5 stars No faults or criticisms yet!, 5 Jun. 2013
Bought this as a cheap replacement for the decades old holder on my decades old Honda.
Everything seems ship shape but haven't had a chance to road test yet! Hence the 4/5 star rating.
However, I have no doubts that it'll hold up very well.

Classic Olive Green Crystal Round Cut Stud Earrings In Silver Plating - 8mm Diameter
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a close friend. Awesome colour and great look!, 5 Jun. 2013
These studs aren't ridiculously tiny nor are they a dull green. On the same note, they aren't the Queens prized tangerine-sized gems nor are they neon green!

They're a perfect little size and a subtle but attractive colour and I'm happy with the money spent on them and futhermore, my friend is smitten with how they turned out!

Buy these if a green ear accessory is your bag.

Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick (3 pieces)
Arko Shaving Cream Soap Stick (3 pieces)
Offered by COSMOMARKET

4.0 out of 5 stars Great package, easy to use, good smell!, 5 Jun. 2013
I chose a 4 star rating for the following reasons:

-It is an easy to use product. Wet the stick, rub all over face like regular soap, create a good lather using your shave brush
-3 sticks for an amazing value
-Doesn't smell like the back end of a rotten dog

I like using this soap and bought it on the cheap hoping it'd suit me perfectly for traveling and I can happily say that it will fit the task admirably.
The only thing you may not like is how the soap stick is just left open and wet after use but this is easily fixed with a covering of tinfoil or its own little plastic bag; not a major problem by any stretch!

A double edge users go to soap. Try it!

Tuffy Steeper - Collapsible Silicon Infuser
Tuffy Steeper - Collapsible Silicon Infuser
Offered by Nothing but Tea Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy gods, I thought I loved tea.., 20 April 2013
Now I adore it and feel like an elitist above all other bag-using peasants!

This steeper is absolutely fantastic. I love using it. It makes loose leaf tea time a lot more simple and therefore enjoyable.
Its collapsible feature means it takes up a small space. The lid keeps your mug hot and makes for an awesome saucer [keeping cleanup minimal]. And the thing fits in damn near any mug!!

I highly, highly recommend this steeper to any beginners. I love it.

Genuine HP Printer AC ADAPTER 32V 625mA 0957-2269 For DeskJet D1660 D2660 D2663 D2680 D5560 B209A Deskjet F4500 Series K109 K209 C4640 C4650 C4680 B209C B109R B109Q B209B Photosmart B109A B109C B109D B109F B109N

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed and works perfectly, 20 April 2013
As my title states, this fitted the printer that I needed it for.

Can't state much more than if you're needing a replacement, this'll do you!

VHBW OTG Adapter Cable HOST USB on the Go compatible with SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113, Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 Wifi,GT-P3110 Wifi,GT-P3113

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product that works as needed. Only one gripe, 10 Mar. 2013
Wanted this to extend the functionality of my tablet device.
-Haven't tried it with an external USB hub as I've had no need so far, but use of a keyboard or mouse works fine.
-Have been able to run USB flash drives, but not a portable HDD. Not enough juice!!!
-Only complaint is that I have to unplug the adapter to get my tablet to run the external hardware. A very, very minor issue that might even be the problem of my ROM

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for a better price for a quality product, 23 Jan. 2013
Battery holds a well decent charge for its size and I got it at a really good price. Adding the battery to the ZG5 gives it a pseudo-stand effect, where the rear sits up the slightest bit but this won't hinder your use. I'd recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3