Profile for Mr. Stuart G. Stapely > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stuart G. ...

Mr. Stuart G. Stapely "stapely01" (Melbourne)

Mini Restoration Manual (Haynes Resto Series)
Mini Restoration Manual (Haynes Resto Series)
by Lindsay Porter

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Resto, 18 Mar 2006
This seems to be a great book - I only say seems because although it's easy to follow it has not helped me to be any more hands on!
It reads like a Haynes manual but with more photos - unfortunately the pictures are black and white, but then this book should be in the garage and not under my bed!

187 Lockdown Sunday Flavaz
187 Lockdown Sunday Flavaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Underground UK Garage, 18 Mar 2006
Back when Garage was rough and dark, before "Speed Garage" or "UKG" or any of that there were musical artists writing real tunes to enjoy. Just cast your mind back to South London and those long nights under the railway arches in a dingy club with no name!
Not one for those who don't like garage but a must if you do. This is one of my best/favourite garage compilations in my collection.

Creative Labs EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones – Black (Eco Packaging) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear-plug ear phones, 2 Mar 2006
I was looking for ear phones to replace the sennheiser earphones I had. The only problem with my sennheisers was that they fell out of my ears when walking or jogging - my wife is now very pleased to have them.
These ear phones are cool looking and pretty good sound quality. I have found that my iPod will generate the bass if the equaliser is used. The trick (as many have said) is to push them quite hard into your ear and create a seal. Once the seal is present (try not to think of gungy ear wax!)the bass appears.
In all these are good earphones and for the money the best value I could find - after reading many reviews.
The cable is a little rubbery for my liking, which snags on clothing and can tug the plugs from your ear.
And during running/jogging I have found that they do stay in place better than most ear phones but after a while perhaps even the ears sweat and then the plugs slip out.
I have now gotten used to walking the streets with relatively minimal traffic noise (use your eyes when crossing the road). I am pleased to be able to listen on the train without disturbing everyone around me.
Perhaps I will change the size of the ear plug attachment to ensure that they don't fall out, but in general use walking about they are great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2013 10:46 AM BST

Tales From the Underground
Tales From the Underground
Offered by adrians_records

4.0 out of 5 stars Todd Edwards is the Man, 22 Oct 2005
For all those who love the old garage scene and want to know more about what Todd Edwards was about, then this is the best example of what he does.
So many funky bass lines and catchy tunes.
Only for those true garage fans though!

Apple iPod Remote and Earbuds for 3rd/4th Generation iPod and iPod mini [M9128G/A]

3.0 out of 5 stars iPod "remote", 24 Sep 2005
I am in the same boat as many, having enjoyed using the remote (on a cable) for nearly a year. I have used it nearly every day, because I am such an iPod/MP3 player fanatic, but am sickened by this failing of otherwise a well/overdesigned attachment.
The cable is too long, the connection at the iPod end has deteriorated so the outer covering of the wire has cracked and the sound quality has deteriorated so that I can no longer use it.
I bought my iPod in the US, so cannot eaily take it back - under sale of goods act I expect the product to last a year if used normally.
So I'm looking for a replacement, which I consider expensive. To find I have to buy the ear phones too is an additional annoyance since I don't use the first pair that came with the iPod.
So it's a great addition to the iPod, I just hope that Apple look into improving the design as they have the iPod itself.
I would have given this 5 satrs if it lasted longer and has a shorter cable.