Profile for awholenewview > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Line of Blood
A Line of Blood
by Ben McPherson

5.0 out of 5 stars once I started to fall in love with the characters, 13 April 2015
This review is from: A Line of Blood (Hardcover)
I read this book without much expectation and was captivated from the second chapter, once I started to fall in love with the characters. I won't say too much, because I don't want to spoil your read - but this is a lovely book from a first-time writer. Five stars and thoroughly recommended.

Medipaq® The Memory Foam Contoured Seat & Back Cushion - Reduce Back Ache, Improve Posture!
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

4.0 out of 5 stars I use it on my office seat and it is much more comfortable.., 1 July 2014
Does what it is supposed to. I use it on my office seat and it is much more comfortable...

Tweetings for Twitter
Tweetings for Twitter

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Twitter Client Out There, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Tweetings for Twitter (App)
Tweetings is simply the best Twitter client for Android. It is beautiful, fast and very customisable, so you can pick fonts, remove avatars and even change the way that names are presented. Best of all: push notifications, which come immediately and don't drain the battery. I think I've tried every Android Twitter app out there and this is hands down the winner. Thoroughly recommended...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, 17 April 2014
This is exactly as described - it fits well, is waterproof (not just 'water resistant') and is good value for the cost. Thoroughly recommended!

Black Tough Water And Impact Resistant Shoulder Bag For Apple iPad & Apple iPad 2
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars The bag is fine, but be aware..., 1 July 2013
...that the height measurement (31.8mm) is actually to the top of the handles rather than the top of the compartment, which makes the bag quite a bit smaller than I expected. It still takes the tablet (Google Nexus 10) but getting a hard file inside for paperwork isn't possible, which is a shame. Otherwise, the bag is fine...

Amzer Snap On Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z L36i - Black
Amzer Snap On Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z L36i - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't give you access to the charging port., 12 Jun. 2013
Nice case, solid and will protect the phone - but be aware, if you want to charge the phone (which might be useful!) then you need to take the case off, which isn't the easiest thing in the world. Shame, because in all other respects, the case does the job...

In a New York Minute
In a New York Minute

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read!, 7 Dec. 2012
What a smashing book. Not my normal genre, but it was recommended by a friend and quickly won me over. Thoroughly good fun...

HTC One X Clear Gel Silicone Case Cover + Screen Protector & Protective Sock By Kolay®

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - and a bargain at the price!, 26 Jun. 2012
I'm very happy with this case: It makes the phone much easier to hold, the power button is much easier to push, the camera and screen are protected, the phone looks great and I can't fault it in any way. I've no interest in the sock or the screen protector, but for the money I'm happy to have a case that works so well. Recommended!

Epson Stylus SX525WD All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy) with Wi-Fi, Network, Duplex, LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer., 4 April 2011
Arrived in time and as described. It could have been slightly easier to set up - the wifi facility only seems to work if the printer is in a direct line from the router - but it hasn't given me any problems. My main issue is that since I ordered it, I have seen better offers on eBay - although that isn't Amazon's fault and the printer is still fine, so I shouldn't make a fuss.

Overall, it is perfectly okay - nice and fast and not particularly loud, although changing the paper can be a bit of a palaver...

Morphy Richards 43083 Titanium Bosse Jug Kettle
Morphy Richards 43083 Titanium Bosse Jug Kettle

3.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, but there's two weaknesses., 27 May 2005
This is a beautiful kettle (sturdy chocolate brown handle and lid, titanium body) with a great shape. It seems well made, looks terrific and boils quicky. Unfortunately, it doesn't have an indicator to tell you how full it is, which would be forgivable if it had a 'boil dry' cut out, which it doesn't. This means you constantly have to check there's enough water (by opening the top and peering inside) before you boil it.
As it happens, I can live with this, and find the kettle to be great - it actually pours better than any kettle I've ever used! If you don't mind the above faults, I recommend it. If you do mind, I suggest you get something else.
I hope this helps...