Profile for Thomas Shevlin > Reviews

Content by Thomas Shevlin

Thomas Shevlin "millionaire21"

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review From Eatlier (Due To Human Error), 26 Mar. 2015
Updated Review: After having searched and searched to find out why the machine wasn't working it turns out it was a protective sponge in the water tank stopping the machine from working so that is why I am amending my first review.

After brewing my first cup of coffee I have to say that this machine is awesome, especially for me as I have dexterity issues.

Two buttons to press & an easy to use leaver, cleaning is a breeze & the water tank is so simple to use, this is a company who know how to not only make good coffee but such an easy to use for everyone machine.

Finally the only thing I ask of Lavazza is (with this model specifically) please put "remove safety sponge from water tank" into future printings of their manuals.

Awesome machine, would recommend to all coffee lovers.

A Walk Among the Tombstones (Matthew Scudder Mysteries Book 10)
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Matthew Scudder Mysteries Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Walk Through Fear & Excitement, 24 Jan. 2015
This is the first Lawrence Block book I have read & I have to say that it kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end & because of this it will not be my last.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a gripping edge of your seat thriller that has a steady burn to it, without being over paced.

If you love Lee Child or Ian Rankin then you have found a writer in Lawrence Block that is right alongside them in terms of quality and storytelling.

Staying Power: A Year In My Life
Staying Power: A Year In My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 Dart Checkout of a book!, 31 Dec. 2014
I picked up this book as I had read Phil's first book & I can honestly say that this book was just as good if not better than the first (read both if you get the chance)

A must read for all darts fans & sporting biography fans alike.

Book Of Cool [DVD] [2005]
Book Of Cool [DVD] [2005]

5.0 out of 5 stars REAKS OF AWESOMENESS!!!, 19 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Book Of Cool [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This is one of the best dvd box sets I have purchased, the fun thing about it is that it makes you want to learn the different skills and one of the first ones I attempted was bar flairing (broke plastic mugs in process). So go give it a go and you won't be disappointed.

The West Wing - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
The West Wing - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Sheen

5.0 out of 5 stars Politics Just Got Interesting, 23 Nov. 2006
Like many I got into the west wing late as I started watching from the middle of season 1, but I can honestly say that after just 1 episode I was totally hooked and immediately went and bought seasons 1-6 on dvd and haven't watched a bad episode yet.

This is the first political drama that I have ever watched and can honestly say is thought provoking and funny at the same time, the way writer aaron sorkin has captured the characters personalities is great and really makes you feel for them as the series and episodes go on.

To the reviewer who said he thought that the british wouldn't understand the humor used in the series I think that the only way people wouldn't understand the humor is if they didn't have a sense of humor at all.

All in all I would recommend people to buy this first season for among other things the writing, the cast and the gripping plot lines.

Classic Bullseye - The Interactive Game [Interactive DVD]
Classic Bullseye - The Interactive Game [Interactive DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Bowen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF BULLY!, 7 Nov. 2006
This is the way the game should have been when it was released last year, there is a defenite improvement on the aiming system from last years game and the prizes are the same as the tv show but the best thing is that jim bowen and tony green along with bully lend their services.

All in all this game is SUPER, SMASHING, GREAT!.

Hustle : Complete BBC Series 2 [2004] [DVD]
Hustle : Complete BBC Series 2 [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adrian Lester
Offered by Fulfillment Next Day

5.0 out of 5 stars One word MAGNIFICENT!, 5 Oct. 2006
I watched the first series and thought it was great and got it on dvd and like some people thought season 2 wasn't going to live up to season 1 but boy was I wrong.

The characters have evolved and the storylines are more elaborate and quite frankly had me hooked from the beginning, I can't wait for season 3 on dvd.

World Poker Tour(TM): Shuffle Up and Deal
World Poker Tour(TM): Shuffle Up and Deal
by Mike Sexton

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!, 21 Feb. 2006
Thia book is great for a beginner who wants to learn how to play No Limit Texas Hold'em, the stucture of the book is easy to follow and is put in a language that newbies will understand all in all this book is a must have for fans who want to learn how to play the great american card game.

The Power: My Autobiography
The Power: My Autobiography
by Phil Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars This man is a GENIUS!!!!, 2 Mar. 2004
I am a big fan of Phil "The Power" Taylor and would recommend this book to any darts enthusiast, in the book taylor captures all the drama in his life right from winning his first world title through to his amazing 9 dart finish in blackpool.
He also tells of his darkest hour in which he was charged with assault and how it nearly tore his family appart and nearly drove him to suicide, but all in all this is a great read and you will not be able to put it down! happy reading.