Profile for T. Houston > Reviews

Content by T. Houston

T. Houston (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Thetford Porta Potti Qube 165 portable toilet
Thetford Porta Potti Qube 165 portable toilet

5.0 out of 5 stars Festival must-have, such a great purchase, 25 July 2016
If you go to festivals and there's any way you can find room for one of these, do it. It was the best thing ever! You don't want to camp up near the loos for obvious reasons, but further away is a trudge in the middle of the night/first thing in the morning, let alone the sights and smells when you get there, and is a real spoiler. Two of us used this for three days and I didn't empty until we got back. It was easy to empty out into the loo at home and although the waste water is kind of the colour you would expect(!) there was not even a trace of bad smell.

We made the mistake of not filling the flush water tank until we got there, when it would have been easier to have prefilled it at home. We kept it in our T5 camper van - again there is no smell at all - but next time I'd buy a toilet tent just to free the space.

Fused Glass Red Glitter Coasters set of 6
Fused Glass Red Glitter Coasters set of 6
Offered by Liberty Glass Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, and good value, 9 Jan. 2016
Gorgeous! I particularly like the felt pads underneath as many coasters have silicon or rubber feet and these can mark wood where felt doesn't.

Honeywell HT-216E Oscillating Table Fan - 12 inch, Chrome
Honeywell HT-216E Oscillating Table Fan - 12 inch, Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy for use in a small room or overnight, 1 July 2015
It does the job, but I find it really noisy, even on the lowest setting. It's a hissing sort of noise and as I'd purchased it to be able to run it overnight, it's failed in that aspect - I couldn't sleep with that in the background.

Rechargable Wireless Bluetooth Headset with Microphone for PlayStation 3
Rechargable Wireless Bluetooth Headset with Microphone for PlayStation 3

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 25 Sept. 2014
Sound quality both in listening and in speaking is awful.

Hangerworld 35cm Chrome & Black Metal Clothes Hangers with Strong Non- Slip Trouser Bar, Pack of 15
Offered by Hangerworld

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, poor design for home users, 25 Sept. 2014
Hangers themselves are very good quality, but if you are planning to use them at home the hook is the wrong way round. When you put it in the wardrobe, you'll either have to hook it on back to front or the open side will be at the back of the wardrobe, defeating the idea that you can just slip the trousers off the hanger without taking it out of the wardrobe.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 10 Sept. 2014
Nice looking, well built, but the quality is awful both for listening and speaking.

The World According to Bob: The further adventures of one man and his street-wise cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, but just some niggling doubts, 21 Sept. 2013
I read the first book and really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed this second book, and I might be on my own here, but I was left with the feeling that some of the situations were slightly embellished. I don't doubt that the incidents occurred; but perhaps not quite as dramatically or as honestly as written about. I didn't feel that from the first book, so I wasn't approaching this one with any thought of questioning the events, but definitely finished it that way.

No doubt it will still be a great bestseller, and good luck to James and Bob, but I'm afraid that I can't wholeheartedly recommend this one.

Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight
Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, well written insight, 4 Sept. 2013
This book was - in places - really shocking. But some parts created envy that you could live a life not caught up in doing the right things by others or being preoccupied by guilt or negative feeling.

Undoubtedly there are parts of a sociopathic personality in us all at least some of the time, and you can't help but think about people you know to wonder if any of them would fit that 'label'.

It was well written with a number of insightful personal anecdotes, and I found it very entertaining - I couldn't put it down. I've never read anything on sociopaths, so I have nothing against which to judge the book, but I'm still thinking about it a week after finishing it, so I'd definitely recommend it.

Escape the Diet Trap
Escape the Diet Trap
by Dr John Briffa

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye-opening read, this really works, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Escape the Diet Trap (Paperback)
Having spent about 30 years trying to get my weight and appetite under control I finally stumbled across this way of eating early 2012. This wasn't the only book I read on the subject, but it's a) the simplest one to digest (forgive the pun) and b) having been written by a British Doctor, you can really relate to it. US authored books often lapse into terms and products which are unknown the UK.

Is it like the Atkins diet? Sort of, in so far as it talks about cutting out processed carbs but much more than that it tells you why this will work. The sceptic in me wants to know why it works, not just that it does.

And it really does work. I've reached my goal weight, 2 stone lighter than I was, and for the first time since my early teens I'm not worried about food. I'll never be overweight again, this really is the magic solution.

Misty Eye
Misty Eye
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallen in love with this album, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Misty Eye (Audio CD)
The 'x-factor' tag is almost a black mark for anyone who didn't make it to the winners podium, although those that do make it to the top don't seem to do too well. But Aiden Grimshaw never really was x-factor pop material which is probably why he didn't go that far.

And this isn't a pop album but is much deeper and more interesting than that. I heard Curtain Call first and was instantly hooked and it was only after seeing reviews of the album elsewhere which were almost universally positive that I put my hand in my pocket.

So pleased I did though, I love the album, love the voice. I've played nothing else for days.

Page: 1 | 2