Profile for B. Kjosnes > Reviews

Content by B. Kjosnes

B. Kjosnes "beritk25" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kenwood 34655 St/Stl Bowl Major Polished Pkd
Kenwood 34655 St/Stl Bowl Major Polished Pkd

5.0 out of 5 stars No more plastic and syntetic chemicals for me, 3 Oct. 2013
Seeing that I often use warm water when baking our bread I realized that the previous plastic bowl, as all other plastic bowls, release synthetic chemicals either in form of hormones or other substances not meant for living organisms I happily replaced this by this stainless steel one and recommend everyone else to do the same. Some years ago there were nearly any plastic on this planet now we are drowning in it.

The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine Third Edition
The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine Third Edition
by Michael T. Murray M.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book for all who do not want to be a carrot, 3 Oct. 2013
This is one of the books I have been using to regain control over my health. To me this book is full of knowledge and used together with Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss it is great. Back to Eden teach how to prepare herbs and treat diseases utilizing simple remedies while this book explain some of the complex mechanisms behind diseases.

Nature's Answer Chaste Berry/Vitex Alcohol Free Extract, Alcohol Free, 1 Oz
Nature's Answer Chaste Berry/Vitex Alcohol Free Extract, Alcohol Free, 1 Oz
Offered by Aroma

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for fibrocystic breast disease, 3 Oct. 2013
But then I am eating vegan, on a mostly wholefood diet and use eco soy beans which also is great.. this combination is wonderful.

Mobile-Bits4u SAMSUNG CHAT / CH@T 335 S3550 In Ear Premium Ear Bud in Black Stereo Earphones Headset
Offered by ONX3

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but not good quality, 18 Dec. 2012
I purshased these so that I should not have to use my cellphone so close to the head.

One way they fulfill my need, the other way they do not.

Firstly I the voice is good, I hear what people say. There it stops. They have hard time hearing me and all inform me that there is a lot of noice on the line. Something do not work properly. Whether I got a bad pair or this is the quality of the product I cannot tell..

Back to Eden: Classic Guide to Herbal Medicine, Natural Food and Home Remedies Since 1939
by Jethro Kloss
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars You will never regret reading this book, 26 Oct. 2012
This is one of the books a person need to read in order to proceed from the state of being a vegetable to a person in control of your own health.

For you it is good news: God created your body wonderfully, you are wonderful made. You are not made for diseases. In opposite you are made to overcome viruses and so on, but our way of living is not in accordance with what God made us to. The way of living we are made to is clearly recognised in the Bible, Genesis first chapter, fruit, vegetables, nuts, corns and legumes in their natural state. Se He created and He saw it was good. It was good for humanity to live this way.

Then we started to modify on His creation, every modification I know of has turned out a disaster. We gave the Nobel price to the person creating DDT, we promoted research into the use of synthetic chemicals some of which we today know of had a terrible effects. (DEA) Did we stop there, o no we continue producing commercially substances which are not still recognised as dangerous but which is in danger of killing of our immune system and give us malfunctioned organs.

This book is one step backward toward Eden, it tells you how God created herbs to heal you. How to prepare the herbs but also how to live. I have tried some of the remedies in this book and it is the most effective to this date for me. Even better it is that until lately I have only dealt symptoms, keeping these in control, now I am dealing with the causes.
This book is highly recommended for a dying humanity.

Law Collections from Mesopotamia and Asia Minor (Dissertation Series / Society of Biblical Literature)
by Martha T. Roth

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking knowledge about ancient law, 22 May 2012
This book provides shocking knowledge about ancient law. We tend to look just some few hounded years back in time when looking to get confirmation for our beliefs of the progress of civilisation as we know it. Here are news for you. This book is not going to confirm this belief. The civilisation of Mesopotamia, and it law was hardly worse than ours. In some instances it was better, in that both the process of judgement did not provide possibilities for convicting crime on basis of indices as we do today. Also any false accusers or witnesses where punished with the punishment they tried to get other punished with. Builders and medical doctors where held responsible for their actions, which can hardly be said is happening today. Also it was an emphasis on mutual responsibility, if my action or lack of such lead to someone else got damage I would have been responsible. Lastly, hear o you banks service men, you would have been held accountable for whatever was in your trust unless there where circumstances which in no way could have been under your control. Do not think for one moment that it would have been easy to claim freedom from accountability. Women where protected, and rape punished by death. Women where owners of businesses, moneylenders and they inherited property.

Between God and the Sultan: An Historical Introduction to Islamic Law
Between God and the Sultan: An Historical Introduction to Islamic Law
by Knut S. Vikor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting reading, 21 Mar. 2012
I had this as course book in Sharia Law at the university. The book gives an introduction to the history of Sharia law, and discusses the four law schools of Islam, development and praxis. The writers spend quite some time discussing how law develops, the hierarchies within the court system and also national praxis. I found it to be a very good book both because it is well written, but also because of the contextual focus.

Pompeii: The Life of a Roman Town
Pompeii: The Life of a Roman Town
by Mary Beard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well written, well done, 21 Mar. 2012
What I like most about this book is not only the ability to the writer paint a vivid picture of Pompeii as it was two thousand years ago, but that she do it aiming to present findings the way they are without jumping to conclusions. Thus said it is inevitable not easy to not draw conclusions based on the pre existing notion in society. Beard is doing a grand job in this boo, it is very well written it is very interesting and it destroys some of the pre-existing myths we hold about ancient people.

One of the things which really impressed me is the level of ancient graffiti found on Pompeii's walls, these ancient people wrote down lot of different things on the walls.. everything from prices of prostitutes, to their whereabouts. And they used ads, written on walls, supporting different candidates in elections. These habits, shows that the level of literacy was high in Pompeii, partly because why would someone bother to write add to people which could not read, but also because the graffiti was written by also poor people. Why would the rich write on the walls?

Planet Earth - Complete Series [2006] [DVD]
Planet Earth - Complete Series [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent well made movie, 21 Mar. 2012
Wonderful pictures, a very nice family movie. Interesting to know what happened behind the scene. I never thought making a nature movie could be so exiting.

I just hope there would be more of these movies.

Damned Lies and Statistics: Untangling Numbers from the Media, Politicians and Activists
by Joel Best

4.0 out of 5 stars Good discussion but not entirely objective, 21 Mar. 2012
This book absolutely raises an interesting discussion, in regard to how much we can trust statistics.

In the discussion different relevant issues is raised in regard to validity and reliability of the data.

It is helpful that it also discuss potential conflicts of interests, and the necessity of comparing an apple with an apple.

However to believe that this book is entirely objective is an utopi, but then which human can be entirely objective?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3