Profile for brenpal > Reviews

Content by brenpal

brenpal

Sidney Chambers and The Perils of the Night (Grantchester Mysteries Book 2)
Sidney Chambers and The Perils of the Night (Grantchester Mysteries Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the tv series and so decided to give the ..., 20 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed the tv series and so decided to give the books a go. Indeed I enjoyed them even more. I found the stories to be written in a warm gentle style which kept me interested and wanting more.

The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

3.0 out of 5 stars The Killing Series 1, 1 July 2014
Although I enjoyed watching The Killing Series 1 I felt it dragged on rather too long with 20 episodes to watch in total. There were many red herrings in the plot, maybe too many! Many of the scenes were very dark and it was difficult to see just what was happening at times. Despite these opinions I intend watching series 2 and 3 because I've been told they are gripping particularly series 3.

The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Elbow, 29 April 2014
One of my favourite bands and proud they hale from local to my area. I love their music and their distinctive sound. A winner!

Calvin Klein Truth Eau de Parfum - 30 ml
Calvin Klein Truth Eau de Parfum - 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars favourite, 7 Mar. 2014
This is just about my favourite perfume so Calvin Klein Truth gets 5 stars from me every time. I love it!

We Need New Names
We Need New Names

3.0 out of 5 stars quirky, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: We Need New Names (Kindle Edition)
This is a quirky book about surviving in Zimbabwe and then escaping to America. It made an interesting but disturbing read.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 26 Dec. 2013
The fitbit made an ideal Christmas present and encouraged a walk on Boxing Day to track the steps instead of slobbing out on the settee in front of the tele.

The Moonstone
The Moonstone

3.0 out of 5 stars moonstone, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Moonstone (Kindle Edition)
Read this book to discover the views of society on religion, wealth, marriage, political correctness and even the taking of opium during mid-nineteenth century Britain.

Enemy Women (P.S.)
Enemy Women (P.S.)

4.0 out of 5 stars American Civil War, 14 July 2013
If you have read "The Last Runaway" by Tracey Chevalier, then, like me, you might be interested to also read "Enemy Women" to find out more background to personal struggles during some hard times in American history.

Spud
Spud
by John Van de Ruit

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Spud (Paperback)
I so loved reading Spud that I sent for the next 2 books straight away. I laughed out loud at the zany characters but have it on good authority from one who went to school in Zimbabawe the characters and storyline are perfectly believable.