Profile for Hampshire Belle > Reviews

Content by Hampshire Belle

Hampshire Belle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Style-No. 43741, Unisex Thong Sandals, Cherry, EU 42, Regular Width
Price: 42.80

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting used to a new style of sandal which is otherwise very comfortable.., 29 July 2014
My second pair to replace size 43, having discovered that 42 works for my English 8 1/2 feet, formerly encased in Start Rite EEs as a child, so you will understand I have wide feet.

Downside has been the Birkenstock blister - padded plasters around my fourth toe is helping me cope with the toe post. More problematic is the much larger one on the outer side of my foot's sole. However with a compeed style plaster in place and some regular practice, I'm getting used to a new style of sandal which is otherwise very comfortable..

Ladies Birkenstock GIZEH Flat Thong Sandals with Adjustable strap For Perfect Fit (Regular width) (42 EU, Green Glow Patent)
Offered by eye footwear
Price: 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Novice - Very Pleased, 29 July 2014
Pedi-gree: my parents put me in Start-rite EE and I'm an English 8 1/2, so large feet and straight toes!

Someone really needs to do something about explaining the Birkenstock sizing for customers on Amazon: I've taken a chance and ordered size 42 Regular and thankfully they are ideal, but being my size I've also ordered (elsewhere) size 43 Regular. The drop down sizing menu lists UK and EU sizes and "N"s. The accompanying insert tells me Birkenstock widths are normal and narrow - how confused is this!

Green Glow Patent turns out to be a lovely shade of Pistachio and nowhere the neon shade I thought it might be and was prepared to trial for the summer.

No problem with the toe post - not something I normally get along with in flip flops.

Really looking forward to putting them into practice.

Okay, put them into practice and I now have small plasters around both feet's toes adjacent to toe post ... however the sole-base shaping was probably more the problem than the infamous toepost. Still very happy to be a Birkenstock novice.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 7:03 PM BST

Gabor Womens Emporium Ballet Flats 86.102.17 Black 8.5 UK, 42 EU
Gabor Womens Emporium Ballet Flats 86.102.17 Black 8.5 UK, 42 EU
Price: 49.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Gabor by name, Gabor by nature, 8 Jun 2014
This is in the "comfort" range which I have discovered is exactly that. So size 8 1/2 is accurate, whereas in other styles I choose a size 9 to accommodate socks for winter walking use. A great shoe for wearing with trousers.

Nikon CS-S57 Bag, VAECSS57
Nikon CS-S57 Bag, VAECSS57
Offered by Optik-24 UHLIG
Price: 10.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Nikon Product, 8 Jun 2014
Purchased to protect my S8200 coolpix. It has a shaped interior to accommodate the lens moulding and comes with an additional wrist strap. There is no belt-slot facility, which I had hoped for, though this was not mentioned on the page. Supplier based in Belgium and delivered by UPS local agent who delivered to a neighbour on first failed attempt - I don't rate this as good customer relations and it took the Belgium supplier a couple of messages to understand this. Perhaps Amazon could include a facility in the delivery options for customers to indicate that delivery to a neighbour is not acceptable.

6 IN 1 PACK CLEAR LCD SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR NIKON COOLPIX S8200 - 3 LAYER ANTI-SCRATCH DISPLAY SAVERS
Offered by Membrane Store
Price: 2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 8 Jun 2014
.... just follow the instructions ..... thoroughly cleaning the screen and hold the product by its edges when applying the film.

Mozart: Die Zauberflote [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
Mozart: Die Zauberflote [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tom Chapman
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Flute, 2 Jan 2014
I'm getting to know this opera and it's growing on me. A very long first act means I broke off and have n't finished watching the whole production but so far, so good.

Dark Green Wooden/Fabric Hand Fan **PACK OF 2**
Dark Green Wooden/Fabric Hand Fan **PACK OF 2**
Offered by Ashprintlondonltd
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and Good Quality, 27 Dec 2013
Well made and withstands lying in the bottom of my handbag for when my thermostat goes awry and I need cooling quickly. Eco-friendly too - no batteries required!

Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for NOOK HD 9 Tablet Lavender(Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink Side of Mauve, 27 Dec 2013
Quite pleased with my choice - the on/off facility of the case frontage is really useful. My Nook HD 9 fits securely inside the frame and the power switch is easily accessible.

Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for Barnes & Noble NOOK HD+ 9" inch Tablet - 3 Pieces
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to Other Reviews, 27 Dec 2013
I would agree with other reviewers: tablet screen needs careful and thorough cleaning before applying this screen protector. Overall, I achieved a good result - one or two screen bubbles, and they're tiny.
This product is shipped from the USA and arrived well in advance of the estimated delivery date. Thankfully, my letter box was large enough to post the strong yellow envelope and my postman was able to trace the Fosman packaging through it to check this was possible. A "Do Not Bend" direction is probably not enough.

10 inch - Extra softly Volutz Protection woolbag in "map" design and bonus accessories - in black
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Design: does the job, 27 Dec 2013
Just the ticket for a Nook HD+ owner. Well made and simple design and able to accommodate the Poetic Portfolio Case too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3