Profile for Rani S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sihpromatum - Backpacks and Bra Straps
Sihpromatum - Backpacks and Bra Straps

5.0 out of 5 stars Backpacks and Bra Straps!, 10 May 2016
This is the second in the series and a continuation of the backpack adventure from book 1. We experience the family moving through the vast emptiness of Central Asia, Tibet and Nepal and also the internal bickering of family members which is to be expected as they are in each others company all the time! :) However the most mesmerizing aspect of this journey for me was the one to Everest Base Camp. Unbelievable that someone as young as 15 could perform such a feat successfully! Well done Savannah. It takes a many years and for some people a lifetime to prepare for this. It left me wondering if Savannah was the youngest Westerner to have ever performed this trek? It would be interesting to know.

A very inspiring read, written by a very vivacious and lively young lady. I do feel I know Savannah and her family quite well even though we have never met. I loved the fact that this is a self published travel book written from the heart with none of the huge amount of editing that normally goes with published books. It makes it seem more real.

I can't wait to read more of this family's adventures in the next book.

One Starry Night (Once Upon a Winter Book 4)
One Starry Night (Once Upon a Winter Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Starry Night, 10 May 2016
This is the final installment in the series and everything comes together and falls into place.

The book starts where it left off with Ross in hospital with his injuries. Who was responsible? How do Gina and Ross break the news of their relationship to his parents and how will they take it? The story of what Mitchell's ex-wife is actually up to and with who? Hannah does a good job of playing detective here with some help from Gina.

I really liked the fact that the book was presented in installments and I absolutely loved the way it ended. That's the best ending of any book so far of any of this author's books. Very uplifting, positive and full of hope! Looking forward to more from this author.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 1/7 (Harry Potter 1)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 1/7 (Harry Potter 1)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, 23 April 2016
It's taken me a long time to get round to reading this but started I have after a lot of pestering from my daughter. So glad I finally bit the bullet because I thoroughly enjoyed this bewitching tale of wizardry and witchcraft. I particularly liked the characters who are highly memorable as are the scenes and settings. This is a recent classic which will live in the minds and memories of many generations to come. An astonishing creation by J K Rowling.

Sihpromatum - I Grew my Boobs in China
Sihpromatum - I Grew my Boobs in China

5.0 out of 5 stars China and Mongolia - Stage 1, 18 April 2016
This book fully deserves 5 Stars and recounts Savannah and her family's journey through China and Mongolia. Savannah not surprisingly for someone of her age is a reluctant traveler who is forced on this journey at the age of 14 uprooted from friends/dog and college life as a result of her mother's breakup with her father. I did find the mother's decision concerning this rather cruel and selfish but at the same time it would have been a life changing experience for Savannah which would be second to none and it certainly was reading this.

The book charts the family's journey through China and through Mongolia and entering Russia. Initially the trip is supposed to be for 1 year but it turns out that in the end it lasts 4 years. I am finding it hard to imagine how anyone could return to a normal settled life after that but I guess we will find out more concerning that in successive books.

The journey to Tiger Leaping Gorge and Mongolia's vast empty expanse of land was amazing and quite scary at times. I love the way links to pics have been added in the book after every few chapters so we could visualize clearly what we are reading. There is a lot of detail about the trip in the book and I can only imagine the amount of discipline that would have been required to record all this while travelling especially when at times things got a little desperate.

Reading this it felt like I was there with them all! and this is what makes this book quite remarkable. You feel you are making the journey too. That's a wonderful achievement from Savannah and I can't wait now to read book 2 and her adventures in Russia and beyond.

How to Get Hitched in Ten Days: A Novella
How to Get Hitched in Ten Days: A Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Get Hitched or NOT?, 21 Feb. 2016
This book is a novella and revolves around three people - Mikey, Jasmine and her partner Dave. I absolutely loved Mikey's character, such a sweet sensitive soul that you do find your heart breaking for him at times and you really do want him to find that special someone. I think all along I did suspect who his heart was breaking for and so it turned out but at the same time I was so chuffed that he gets his happy ending with someone who is worthy of him and 10 times hotter!

Another great read from Samantha who is evolving greatly as a writer. So looking forward to reading her next book.

Ways to Say Goodbye (Once Upon a Winter Book 3)
Ways to Say Goodbye (Once Upon a Winter Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ways to Say Goodbye, 21 Feb. 2016
Christmas is over and the story starts to turn more serious. Hannah is being stalked or so it seems, Mitchell's memory returns but his ex-wife is hiding something and Gina and Ross's relationship potentially suffers a set back . The mystery deepens surrounding all these events and I am really looking forward to finding out how they unfold in the next book!

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden, 17 Feb. 2016
A hilarious political comedy written in traditional Jonas Jonasson style.

The main heroine of the novel is Nombeko, a highly intelligent South African girl whose adventures are a match for those of the 100 year old man in Jonas Johansson's previous novel. She moves from South Africa to Sweden with an atomic bomb in her possession which she has difficulty getting rid of and spends many years trying to. On her journey she meets two identical twins one with whom she falls into a relationship with and together they go on a Swedish adventure to save the King of Sweden

A Most Desirable Marriage
A Most Desirable Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Desirable Marriage, 11 Feb. 2016
This book is about Jo, whose husband leaves her for another man and how she goes about rebuilding her life as a result of this. There's also a focus on the parents relationship with their children as well as each other and issues with their children's relationships too. Nothing runs smoothly does it? The question is will Jo and Lawrence's relationships with their new partners survive? or do they find each other again? You need to read this book to find out

I do love reading Hilary Boyd's books because they do focus on relationships between older people rather then youngsters which many novels are full of. This book is wonderful, I loved reading it very much.

A Family Affair: The Secret; Truth in Lies, Book 8
A Family Affair: The Secret; Truth in Lies, Book 8

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret, 25 Jan. 2016
A wonderful book. We discover Miriam's deep dark secret with the appearance of her sister Candace. Will she manage to hide the truth from Nate or will she be discovered?

We meet Angela Sorrento who makes dollhouses and is commissioned to do so by some wealthy mysterious unknown person in the town of Magdalena which upsets some people. We also meet Roman Ventori, a man who was wrongly accused of fathering someone else's baby which resulted in his being banished/estranged from his folks and the town of Magdalena. He now returns following his father's ill health and encounters Angie Sorrento. Sparks fly but not quite in the way one would expect. Add in Pop and Sal's very poor matchmaking attempts and this makes for a very interesting story.

For those of you who have read the Second Chance Series - The Way We were - Angela Sorrento featured in that book along with Rourke and Kate, her business partner who also make a brief appearance in this book. The bad girl of Magdalena , Natalie Servetti also appears in a much changed role and I am really looking forward to reading more about how this has occurred in forthcoming books. I hope she gets her own book!

I really enjoyed this story , the characters and each person's individual story develop further. I feel I know the town so well and look forward to reading more.

I'm Not in Love (Once Upon a Winter Book 2)
I'm Not in Love (Once Upon a Winter Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not in Love, 23 Jan. 2016
Book 2 of the series and will Hannah meet her Christmas guest Tom again? She certainly thinks a lot of him - how he is, what and where he is. We see a lot of Farmer Ross who is a really lovely man and has the hots for Gina. A decision to let her hair down sees Hannah and Gina attend a party where all the main action/drama occurs and we see the reappearance of Tom or 'Mitchell' as we find out his real name. There's something not right between him and his wife but whatever it is will have to wait till the next book!

Loving this romantic mystery and looking forward to seeing how this story evolves..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20