Profile for M. Young > Reviews

Content by M. Young

M. Young "M. Young" (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Hydrating Facial Cleanser 100 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Hydrating Facial Cleanser 100 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars No obvious improvements so far, 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Consistency is like a waxy gel. Have been using as part of my cleanse/tone/moisturise routine for several weeks. I have not noticed any obvious benefits so feel no need to rush out and buy more of this product. I prefer cleansers/scrubs which you can really work into the skin/face and that leave your skin feeling refreshed. It felt like this was just slipping straight off rather than being absorbed into the skin. It has a 24 month lifespan which is a positive but overall I don't feel like this is for me.

St Moriz Gradual Self Tanning Lotion 275 ml
St Moriz Gradual Self Tanning Lotion 275 ml
Offered by Household discounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light brown tan, 15 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A light white cream that slowly and steadily builds up a tan. This cream smells so sweet - imagine being in a starburst sweets factory and you get the idea. After the first night of application, I noticed a subtle difference on my legs and face. After the second application, the gradual tan was much more noticeable. After the third application my legs looked lightly tanned with a few streaks and a blotch near my knee (I put this down to my own application).

I did not have a mitt to hand to apply the cream so used my hands but after a good soapy rinse afterwards, I did not notice any tan marks on my hands.

The bottle is a generous size but if you are hoping to take away to help build up a tan in holiday, you would have to transfer some to a smaller bottle.

I am impressed with this cream. It leaves a light brown tan (no dreadful orange in sight). I plan to keep using over the summer.

Schwarzkopf got2b Crazy 4 Sleek Days Heat-Activated Straightening Spray 200 ml - Pack of 6

3.0 out of 5 stars Not made a huge difference, 12 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have naturally wavy hair so was looking forward to using this and getting glossy straight hair for 4 days straight.
Unfortunately I did not notice much of a difference. I applied it to towel dried hair before using my hairdryer and straighteners. It left my hair feeling and smelling nice but by the next morning it was wavy again.
I also tried it on my child's curly hair and it left it much smoother and softer after drying but again by morning it was tangled and wavy.
I wasn't blown away by this product. Maybe it works on some hair types but isn't for me.

Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml
Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels fresh and cool, 12 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not sure if this is aimed more at men or women (I'm a man), but I found that this product made my skin feel fresh and cool after application.

I generally don't use a lot of skin products as they usually bring me out in spots, however this one didn't seem to have any obvious negative effects. Having said that, I didn't notice any medium-long term improvement of my skin, just the immediate freshness.

As a product I was quite impressed, but the eye-watering price tag would probably put me off buying this again in a hurry.

Manuka Doctor Manuka Honey 18 Plus Total Active 250 g
Manuka Doctor Manuka Honey 18 Plus Total Active 250 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick and delicious, 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been intrigued to try Manuka Honey but been a bit put off by the price. This is expensive but it is delicious.

It is thick, creamy and full of flavour. It comes in a plastic rather than glass pot and should be consumed within 6 weeks.

So far I have had it on toast (really tasty) and also with lemon and hot water to fight off a cold. It's delicious and even a small spoonful is sufficient as it's full of flavour.

I am a Type 1 diabetic and I have to say this has been fine with my sugar levels when I use small quantities. I would highly recommend and will definitely buy in future.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rodial Bee Venom Night 50 ml
Rodial Bee Venom Night 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not noticed a huge difference, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Apparently Bee Venom fools the skin into thinking it has been stung causing increased the production of blood circulation and collagen to the area. I was keen to try the pretty pricey Rodial Bee Venom night cream which promises to revitalise and renew for naturally younger looking skin.

The positives - it's a light gel like cream with no strong or obvious smell. The bottle is a generous size. The cream absorbs well into the skin and leaves it feeling lovely and soft.

The negatives - for the price of £90 I expect big things and I haven't noticed much difference in how my skin looks. I have had the odd spot appearing on my forehead which is disappointing. The cream has a six month use-by icon on the side, so you'd need to look to re-purchase after that time.

I'd spend the money on a cream I really feel makes a difference. Sadly I have not noticed much change.

Polti Vaporella Forever 650 Steam Generator Iron
Polti Vaporella Forever 650 Steam Generator Iron

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bulky but gives good results, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I received the iron I found it tricky to understand the instructions (one to sit down and read with a cup of tea rather than just skim in passing!). However, it's well-worth learning how to use this great iron. It's lightweight, easy to handle and does an excellent job as well as being easy to use once you know how. The only drawback is that it is quite bulky to store but well worth it if you have room!

Huggies Pull-Ups Boys Day Time Pants Convenience Pack, Large - 6 Packs (12 Pants Per Pack, 72 Pants Total)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to put on and take off, these pull-up nappies with resealable sides are perfect for toddlers who refuse to lie down to have their nappy changed. In particular the cars on them are a real winner in our household, plus they keep our 2-year-old dry until morning with no nappy rash. A fantastic buy.

Your Pace or Mine?: What Running Taught Me About Life, Laughter and Coming Last
Your Pace or Mine?: What Running Taught Me About Life, Laughter and Coming Last
by Lisa Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational and fun read, 19 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not a marathon runner but picked up this book after reading the numerous positive reviews. Lisa Jackson became a marathon runner at 31. She describes herself as a former committed fitness phobe but took on the challenge and soon became hooked. In 'Your pace or mine' she recounts her experiences of running numerous marathons, the people she has met along the way and their reasons for running. Lisa is not afraid to finish last and has done numerous times. She makes you, as the reader, feel like you can put your trainers on and go for it no matter what age you are or what shape you are in. She writes with great warmth, energy and positivity. This is an inspirational book and Lisa writes with humour and honesty.

Johnson's Baby Extra Sensitive Fragrance Free Wipes - Pack of 12, Total 672 Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate and kind to skin, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wipes aren't huge in size or as watery as others we have used but they are kind to our baby's skin and fragrance free. They include 97% water and are alcohol free which is good news.

I'm not a fan of using wipes for the first few weeks after birth as I prefer water and cotton wool but I would definitely choose these from 2 weeks onwards. One wipe is released at a time due to the resealable opening on the packaging and they don't break easily. These are also perfect for wiping faces and dirty hands. The packets themselves are light and not too bulky so can easily be popped in a handbag/man bag or stored under a pushchair. I am impressed and would not hesitate to buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20