Profile for A. France > Reviews

Content by A. France

A. France "Oz" (UK)

CHALLENGE AIR COOLER AND HEATER,SILVER,HUMIDIFIER,REMOTE & WITH 2 ICE BOXES
CHALLENGE AIR COOLER AND HEATER,SILVER,HUMIDIFIER,REMOTE & WITH 2 ICE BOXES

5.0 out of 5 stars Had mine a couple of years, and still going strong., 7 Jan. 2014
Use this a lot, mostly just for the filtering and the fan, sometimes filled with water for the cooling. The fan has got a little bit of an occasional squeak now with its age but other than that, brilliant.

Trixie 40161 Bill 1 F Cat Litter Tray with Hood / Door / Handle 40 x 42 x 50 cm Black / Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jan. 2014
My cat loves going to poop in this and it keeps most the mess (and smell) inside the box. Easy to clean, and because you can put stuff on top of it, is more space saving than an open one.

Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Mouse Mat Fragged
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Mouse Mat Fragged

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY surface my R.A.T 9 mouse (the competition) will work on., 7 Jan. 2014
I bought this in my desperate search for a surface that my newly acquired R.A.T 9 mouse would actually work on. How ironic that the only surface it will work on with any semblance of reliability is a mouse mat from the competition. PS. don't get a R.A.T 9 the sensor is rubbish.

DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b
DIGIFLEX 3 Port HDMI 1080p Auto switch Splitter Hub Pigtail 1.3b
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is brilliant., 7 Jan. 2014
Had many scart switchers in the past and none of them worked very well, the automatic switching was unreliable at best, so didn't have too high hopes when I bought this, but it has a manual mode, so at least it would be functional. I am happy to say though, that it is just brilliant, and automatically switches to exactly what I want to watch. I just knows what I want to watch (that may ofc not be so mysterious as it sounds, as the HDMI spec includes stuff for controlling devices - but at the time I did not know that). Highly recommended.

Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by Shop4World

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pirate Bay, 7 Jan. 2014
Bought this for my mother for christmas, after downloading it from The Pirate Bay and enjoyed it (after Russell gave us permission to do so on Twitter). It's not something I would normally have bought.

High Grade - Extra Long USB Sync & Charge Cable for Apple iPhone 3G / 3Gs / 4 / 4S - For All Apple iPod Touch / Nano / Classic / Mini (All Generations) - For Apple iPad 1 / 2 / 3 - Length : 2 meters / 6.6 ft - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working., 7 Jan. 2014
As seems to be the case with all cheap sync cables, this one stopped working after a fairly short time (couple weeks). Not very good. I still have my original iPhone 1st Gen sync cable and despite being very tattered, wires hanging out, still works! So its not the way I treat the cables, its the poor quality (cheapness) of these cables that is at fault.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Great look, stopped working, 5 Jan. 2014
This is a great looking cable, and worked perfectly for about a month, but it has now started causing my phone to report that it is not supported and refuses to charge. Tried a number of different USB power sources, and its the same whatever I use. The original apple cable works fine.

Contacted seller a couple of days ago, and they have sent out a replacement that arrived to day and is (so far) working. Remains to be seen if it fails also after a while.

BLUE 3 METERS LONG USB DATA SYNC CHARGER CABLE LEAD FOR iPhone 4 4S 3G 3GS iPod iPad
Offered by crazy4fones

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after a week, 5 Jan. 2014
Whilst the length, colour and price make this an attractive buy, as with just about every cheap charger cable I have tried, this failed after just a week, and no longer provides charge to the phone, or iPad tried from various USB power sources where in all cases, an official Apple cable works.

Sony VAIO VPCEB1Z0E 15.5-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Blu-ray Combo, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful touchpad, plasticy case (feels cheap), 9 Oct. 2010
I got one of these for work, having previously owned an Acer Travelmate for the past 3 years, which has served me very well. I also have a MacBook with its touchpad and multitouch.

The touchpad on this VAIO is a constant pain in the neck. The mouse pointer randomly jumps around the screen seemingly of its own accord. After disabling all touch functionality of the mousepad it is only slightly improved.

The problem happens if while your using your finger to mouse around, one of your other fingers happens to gently touch the pad as can happen often whilst using it The pad/software reacts to this making the mouse pointer jump across to the other side of screen.

These effects can be reproduced easily as follows:
1. Touch one finger near one corner of the pad and hold, touch another finger in the opposite corner and hold, then release the first finger.
2. A more realistic incarnation of the above problem. If your moving the mouse with one finger and decide to swap to another finger, the cursor jumps across the screen.
3. Touch one finger anywhere on the pad and hold, gently slide a second finger across part of the pad as if you had accidentally grazed it. The mouse pointer becomes very erratic.

This all still happens even when multi touch and touch is disabled in the software, and is a constant nuisance for me.

Lastly on the mousepad side of things, why oh why oh why did Sony add a sand paper effect to the surface of the mousepad. Continual use of the mouse makes the ends of my fingers sore.

My second complaint about this VAIO is that it feels very cheap and plasticy. I notice this especially if lifting it with my right hand (I am right handed) the plastic base physically moves (collapses) ofter with a creaking sound. This is where the DVD drive is housed, and its protected only by a the flimsy plastic base. This single point of weekness makes the whole laptop feel cheap as I think I have broken it every time I pick it up.

Viewsonic 22" widescreen LCD monitor, VA2213w tilt
Viewsonic 22" widescreen LCD monitor, VA2213w tilt

3.0 out of 5 stars Old?, 24 May 2010
This from what I can gather is an old model hence the price no doubt. It does not have a digital input, RGB only. Only 60hz refresh max. The colour profile it installs with it's drivers is awful, had to dump it and install the standard ISO one. There is some blurring of the text in certain areas of the display though this could be my display cards.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2015 10:52 PM GMT